Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Then whose idea was it to put it in there?
    Terry Kavanagh. The writer of the series.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    He's like, the 3rd. :P I can accept the 3rd.
    I always had this fanon idea that Apocalypse father was Kro of the deviants(Could account for the shapeshifting powers)..Deviants who probably were the ancestors of at least a good chunk of Mutantdom(at least those with REALLY weird look)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I thought they already established that Selene was older?
    There was never any real proof Selene was older than Apocalypse. Just a forum well wish

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    There was never any real proof Selene was older than Apocalypse. Just a forum well wish
    Apocalypse was born 5,000 years ago. Selene was born ~15,000-17,000 years ago. I don't have panels in front of me but just check the wiki's. I know Selene's birth year was defined in Necrosha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Oh there is. Her exact date of birth was given in Necrosha.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's actually the first two pages of Necrosha entirely lmfao.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    OK, I'm probably going to regret this, but what is the connection to Storm's mythos? The retcon is about mutants being around 1 million years ago (before regular humans). The scan ExodusCloak posted said that her ancestors were magic users. There is nothing that mentions them being mutants. As far as I know, none of Storm's ancestors were mutants (not even her parents), so I don't see anything that contradicts Storm's history or character.
    In the scan Exoduscloak provided, under the section titled History, the first line says Storm descends from a long line of African witch-priestesses. Some were magic-wielders, there are also tales of multiple Windriders throughout history. Since its never been confirmed that she gets her mutant gene from her father and we know her mother's line comes with power by the boatload AND there have been multiple Windriders, it stands to reason that if Ororo is a mutant the other Windriders were as well. This goes back to my point that the idea of mutants being around even before "humanity" is not a new idea or some sort of retcon. Storm's backstory practically suggests this to be the case. The African witch-priestesses could be interpreted to have given birth to mutants and humans alike. That's the point here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    'Mutant' might just mean any old mutation, not X-Gene mutation. Bah, who am I kidding?! Homo superior predated homo sapiens. >_<
    What utter folly. This could have been Avengers 10,000 BC or even 100,000 BC but 1,000,000 BC sounds 'cool'. Assorted aliens, demons, Celestials, Eternals, Deviants, and homo erectus should be on Earth, not mutants or even Inhumans.

Selene fought Conan types. She's 17,000 years old.
    Confirmed at 4:32

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Apocalypse was born 5,000 years ago. Selene was born ~15,000-17,000 years ago. I don't have panels in front of me but just check the wiki's. I know Selene's birth year was defined in Necrosha.
    Selene and Apocalypse should hook up.

Extraordinary Member

Could be that it just means the X-gene is something that existed in life that far back...and when Homo Sapiens came along it was passed into their gene thru interbreeding with what came before.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Could be that it just means the X-gene is something that existed in life that far back...and when Homo Sapiens came along it was passed into their gene thru interbreeding with what came before.
    Nah, it's just a stupid idea that will be forgotten once Aaron leaves Marvel.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Since mutants are supposedly the next stage in human evolution and the new burning away the old when you have mutants as old as Poccy then you'd think everyone would be a mutant by now.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Since mutants are supposedly the next stage in human evolution and the new burning away the old when you have mutants as old as Poccy then you'd think everyone would be a mutant by now.
    Or mutants aren't the next step in human evolution, or just a subspecies, or this is just Aaron doing stuff that makes no sense with the wider MU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Or mutants aren't the next step in human evolution, or just a subspecies, or this is just Aaron doing stuff that makes no sense with the wider MU.
    Maybe they are just genetic aberrations caused by radiological/biological/chemical contaminants that have been put into the ecosphere. Selene, Apocalypse, etc...so few mutants born throughout the millennia are because there were very few naturally occurring contaminants. After the nuclear research of the early-mid 20th century there is a massive amount of contaminant causing a drastic rise in people born with the X-gene.

Excalibur has established that Apocalypse has always been a wizard and not solely reliant on celestial technology as established in past stories. Selene has always been a sorceress and is now chronologically the oldest mutant. In a way is is the mutant Eve, excluding Lady Phoenix who may just be the Phoenix Force incarnate or a prehistoric human mutantes by the PF.

I wonder if in the ancient world there weren’t so many naturally occurring mutants because the only catalyst was either Celestial technology/material or magic. Mutant magic is finally being explored for the first time in DoX, so I wonder if ultimately the connection between mutants and magic is that magic was a catalyst for mutations similar to atomic science.