Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    So it begins...
    Yup. Thread officially derailed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Do we really think that Storm's lineage goes back 1,002,018 years???

What this likely means is that the Phoenix host is the oldest mutant, officially, if she shows up again.
    Yes. That's been Storm's backstory for year, decades even.
    Don't take the bait.
    What bait?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Exactly! One of the mostknowledgeable Storm fans around! Shed more light in these dark times.
    So it begins...
    No. This particular debate has been ended.

This thread has nothing to do with Storm. I actually like Storm but please stop trying to make everything about Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yup. Thread officially derailed.
    Oi.

Anyway I actually like the idea that homo superior was around before homo sapiens. It's... weird but it makes humans even more hypocritical in their distaste of mutants.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

This thread has nothing to do with Storm. I actually like Storm but please stop trying to make everything about Storm.
    Please. Nobody is making everything about Storm. This storyline has direct implications regarding HER backstory. That's fine if you don't see it. Cool. It doesn't change the scan ExodusCloak has presented. Not sure how presenting facts relevant this particular story could be considered derailing of the thread. Lol ok, tho...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the solution here is quite simple. if people dont want topics to divert to discussion about her, then don't say factually incorrect things about her mythos. surely you can't be surprised when these untruths are corrected. it's really really an easy solution seeing as though some here are really bothered by it lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

We need to do our part and discuss the actual issue. So, the line from the comic is:

"Gods and mutants and monsters."

I'm not sure that any of the Avengers would qualify as a mutant.

Odin - God, of course
    Phoenix - mutant? God?
    Agamotto - God?
    Ghost Rider - monster?
    Black Panther - monster?
    Starbrand - monster?
    Iron Fist - ?

Phoenix is definitely a mutant because the PF has a penchant for mutants. Starbrand is probably a monster. I think most of them are likely Eternal's.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Does the title have any impact on continuity at all? If not then ignore it. I mean that in that it has no impact on anything going on currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Does the title have any impact on continuity at all? If not then ignore it. I mean that in that it has no impact on anything going on currently.
    What's happening in 100000 bc directly dictates and explains what's happening in the present day portions of Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the solution here is quite simple. if people dont want topics to divert to discussion about her, then don't say factually incorrect things about her mythos. surely you can't be surprised when these untruths are corrected. it's really really an easy solution seeing as though some here are really bothered by it lol
    That's what's weird. People have problems when certain comics open themselves up to interpretation in Storm's favor. How sway?
    Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    We need to do our part and discuss the actual issue. So, the line from the comic is:

"Gods and mutants and monsters."

I'm not sure that any of the Avengers would qualify as a mutant.

Odin - God, of course
    Phoenix - mutant? God?
    Agamotto - God?
    Ghost Rider - monster?
    Black Panther - monster?
    Starbrand - monster?
    Iron Fist - ?
    All good questions.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    *sigh* Yes. Even being aware of the bait doesn't stop me from being baited.

Odin - God
    Phoenix - mutant? possessed by cosmic entity
    Agamotto - magic entity
    Ghost Rider - demon/magic entity
    Black Panther - magic entity
    Starbrand - Deviant? possessed by a cosmic force
    Iron Fist - magic entity

One of them, at least, has to be an Eternal or a Deviant.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    That's what's weird. People have problems when certain comics open themselves up to interpretation in Storm's favor. How sway?

All good questions.
    chile I stay confusion with some of this "outrage" about storm.... but canon is canon let people be pressed as it won't change a thang...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Hell yeah, baybeeeeee!

Gonna see a Wolverine show up in 1,000,000 BC, because Lupines! This writing is going to be nice and good!

Re: the mutant and homo sapiens timeline...

"During their First Host on Earth, one million years ago, the Celestials collected the Wanderers, a tribe of Homo erectus. Gammenon the Gatherer collected the ape-men and send them to Ziran the Tester who mutated them to have an unstable genome, creating the Deviants (Homo descendus), a race with various mutations, who were then released and went hiding in the caves. With other subjects, Nezarr the Calculator then created the Eternals (Homo immortalis), hairless, upright tall beings able to tap into the cosmic power. They were themselves released, flying out of the Celestials' laboratory-ship. Finally, Oneg the Prober created a latent gene for the expansion of human potential and those modified yet apparently unchanged ape-men were released.
    The potential for superhuman powers was only latent: That dormant "DNA complex"/"mutant genes" implanted in Homo erectus.
    That potential was transferred to Homo antecessor, then to Homo neanderthalensis, both species experimented on by Kree in order to create the Inhumans (Inhomo supremis).
    It later came to fruition into the form of Homo superior, the mutants."