Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default The anonymity of most of the wealthiest people in the world.

Have you ever looked at the Forbes 100 richest people in the world? It always suprises me that most of them could walk down a busy street and no one would know who they are. Sure you have some well known faces at the top of the list like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and at the bottom of the list like Oprah and George Lucas, but the vast center of that list is filled with people Most wouldn’t know from Adam.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 05-04-2018 at 08:14 AM.

It begs the question. Is it better to be rich and famous, rich but not famous or just famous?

From what I've heard and read of people actually affiliated with fame I've never heard anything positive or appealing about it in the slightest.

So much I'd say that any claim made to fame being anything good or pleasant would have to be false.

Furthermore, while I haven't got much money, I'm feeling pretty wealthy as things stand eventhough I will neverattach worth to anything like a Forbes list.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

BANNED

On the other hand, how anonymous are you really when your name and how much money you have is in a list anybody can just look up whenever they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    On the other hand, how anonymous are you really when your name and how much money you have is in a list anybody can just look up whenever they want?
    The list is one that only a select type of person really pays that much attention to, and when they do they really tend to pay attention to who’s at the top(who are the richest people in the world, and who are at the bottom( new billionaires).

BANNED

Methinks you're seriously reaching here.

I'd say, eat the rich.

Also, fame =/= wealth.
    There are a lot of famous people in history who lived and died as poor as a church mouse.
    People have different personalities and needs - while some strive for fame, others shun it like the plague. There are rich people, who spend a lot of money just to remain anonymous and being left alone by the population.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    I'd say, eat the rich.

Also, fame =/= wealth.
    There are a lot of famous people in history who lived and died as poor as a church mouse.
    People have different personalities and needs - while some strive for fame, others shun it like the plague. There are rich people, who spend a lot of money just to remain anonymous and being left alone by the population.
    The latter are the smart ones. Fame just means having a nice big target on your back, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boisterously Confused

There are rich people that just dont want to be pestered, and there are rich people who don't want investigations of how their wealth is maintained.