Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    Marvel seems to put out nearly twice as much as DC, barely etch out more overall sales and regularly have fewer titles than DC in the top 10 for physical or digital. Meanwhile, Bendis has had record low sales for the X-Men and Ironman in recent years. So, I'm going to say Bendis on his A game could bolster DCs high they've been riding since Rebirth but usurping Marvel won't be down to him more than the issues of frequently cancelled and rebooted series and event fatigue, among others
    March numbers: DC put out 119 titles, Marvel 114. DC 84 floppies, Marvel 81. Marvel still outsold DC. Marvel had 11 top-20 titles, DC had 7 top-20 titles (4 Batman books). Rebirth sales have been slipping quickly and delays to Doomsday Clock are only going to make it worse.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    March numbers: DC put out 119 titles, Marvel 114. DC 84 floppies, Marvel 81. Marvel still outsold DC. Marvel had 11 top-20 titles, DC had 7 top-20 titles (4 Batman books). Rebirth sales have been slipping quickly and delays to Doomsday Clock are only going to make it worse.
    Checks sales numbers, Feb and March are in Marvels favor, the 6 months leading up to it have one month in favor of Marvel with august, one month where the top ten is a tie and 4 where DC dominated. I would say my assertion of DCs health is well founded, despite Marvel leapfrogging ahead these past 2 months. When I was referring to the number of titles, I meant series. DC has some books that double ship due to being bi-monthly. Outside of Phoenix Resurrection and Avengers No Surrender, don't think Marvel has had many of those recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    Checks sales numbers, Feb and March are in Marvels favor, the 6 months leading up to it have one month in favor of Marvel with august, one month where the top ten is a tie and 4 where DC dominated. I would say my assertion of DCs health is well founded, despite Marvel leapfrogging ahead these past 2 months. When I was referring to the number of titles, I meant series. DC has some books that double ship due to being bi-monthly. Outside of Phoenix Resurrection and Avengers No Surrender, don't think Marvel has had many of those recently.
    2 months in a row of dropping and pretty sure there are some sub-New 52 numbers in there. John's isn't doing DC any favors with his delays either. I wanna see them both do well, but DC can't hang onto a good thing without shooting themselves in the foot. Both companies doing well is better for everyone.