Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I already sub to Netflix and Hulu, I might just dip out after YJ ends
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Bit disappointed that this is both not planned to be available in the UK and that anyway the service isn't likely to have all or any of the Arrowverse shows - one of the two core things along with the animated retro stuff I'd be interested in getting it for - at launch.

Netflix UK doesn't have the right to CW stuff like Netflix US has since Amazon Prime and Sky seem to have cut it up between them, though they do have a couple of DC and Vertigo shows like Gotham, IZombie and Black Lightning. Oh for a world where these rights would be straightforward.

I also think as soon as Disney arrives on the scene with exclusive Marvel, Star Wars, Fox-based and Disney content plus their entire library, DC is going to have a problem.
    I could see DC expanding into a whole WB streaming service. And that's a whole lot more content to add.

Plus, along with the original series, I believe the DCAU is headed there (Justice League and JLU were taken off of Netflix awhile back).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's largely how I feel about it.

For years, I've listened to people complain about their stupid high cable bills, and wondered why they didn't just get Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other apps you may need for your particular viewing pleasure. I mean, I pay less than $25 dollars a month and have access to just about everything I want (the rest I just buy when the seasons are released on blu-ray).

Now the networks are trying to nickle and dime me into a high monthly fee by breaking their content up into their own streaming services. CBS All-Access. DC Universe. Blah blah blah.

Nope. I'm not going to play this game. I'm not going to spend fifteen bucks here for one show, ten bucks there for another, and end up spending as much money as those cable subscribers.

DC Universe gets one single month from me, because I promised my kids we'd watch the new season of Young Justice, and I refuse to break a promise to them. So we'll binge it once the whole thing is available, and that'll be it.
    Case you haven't seen it, this is an interesting discussion of the future of fractured streaming services and what past shake ups in media have led to this point from Midnight Edge.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I could see DC expanding into a whole WB streaming service. And that's a whole lot more content to add.

Plus, along with the original series, I believe the DCAU is headed there (Justice League and JLU were taken off of Netflix awhile back).
    Which begs the question of why it isn't that to begin with? Are Warner expecting DC fans to suddenly accept a shake up when they create an entire service with exclusive Potterverse and the like? They can't even do any Lord of the Rings stuff since that is already in the cards on Amazon Prime.

Since Justice League was never on Netflix Uk to begin with (all the DCAU shows I think are on Amazon Prime here) I can at least respect that. Getting to steam Batman TAS, Justice League and Teen Titans anywhere is a nice dream.

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    I wish digital comics had been included in this. As is, I'll only watch this for Young Justice and then cancel.
    They probably know ppl will do that so they will run YJ weekly for months,and replay all episodes until the next season starts,keeping everyone who wants to drop it paying for the service

Mighty Member

This could be a stretch but if i wonder if they'll add Hanna-Barbera content to this thing, old and new. I mean thanks to DC, the brand is enjoying success again. Maybe they should translate that to the small screen.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that confirms Metropolis is either still in really early development or just not happening since it doesn't have a logo...

"DC Universe" is a good enough title, but I really want to know what else membership to the service entails other then access to the original shows.
    also not well recieved, lois lane and lez luthor personal lives before Kal
    No thanks

How a Midnighter series

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I already sub to Netflix and Hulu, I might just dip out after YJ ends
    right its too much but disney own marvel and has so much stake in hulu
    and netflix seems to be neutral
    They need their own space, i dont trust CN after that whole SU gate

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Case you haven't seen it, this is an interesting discussion of the future of fractured streaming services and what past shake ups in media have led to this point from Midnight Edge.

That looks very interesting.....I'll have to watch it later in the week though, right now I'm trying not to drown in finals. But it looks very much like something I'd be interested in. Thanks for sharing it! Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-02-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    It's funny that WB won't give Superman a show,but will give you a prequel for every time before he became Superman.smallville, krypton,and metropolis,we even got Supergirl,but no superman,I'm half expecting to get a superboy series next
    Don't know why they aren't setting it while Superman is active, just focused on Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU. That's a hell of a lot more interesting than what they're doing.

Mighty Member

They should just do a Steel show. Now would be the perfect time.
    John_Henry_Irons_PE_001.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Don't know why they aren't setting it while Superman is active, just focused on Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU. That's a hell of a lot more interesting than what they're doing.
    They are banking on Lois and Lex having more recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Okay DC where is the Wonder Woman cartoon? It's your best DC movie and Diana ain't getting anything? This your chance to make her side of the universe more known! Don't rely on just the movies!
    THIS! WWTAS from Avatar/Korra's "Bryke" or Steven Universe's Rebecca Sugar would be out of this world.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    right its too much but disney own marvel and has so much stake in hulu
    and netflix seems to be neutral
    They need their own space, i dont trust CN after that whole SU gate
    If I was DC I wouldn't trust CN either. If DC wants to make more cartoons there would be no slot for them but in the early morning which is a death slot CN likes to give cartoons they didn't make. I also don't see an alternative to put their cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    THIS! WWTAS from Avatar/Korra's "Bryke" or Steven Universe's Rebecca Sugar would be out of this world.
    The Avatar team doing WW would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    If I was DC I wouldn't trust CN either. If DC wants to make more cartoons there would be no slot for them but in the early morning which is a death slot CN likes to give cartoons they didn't make. I also don't see an alternative to put their cartoons.

The Avatar team doing WW would be perfect.
    Then how is Teen Titans Go getting so much air time while Steven Universe get numerous hiatuses?

I feel like Greg Weisman might be better for WW. His unlucky streak of cancelled shows seems to be breaking at least.