Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I wish they would give us a WW animated series. I mean she had a hit movie, there's an audience out there. Pleaaase, DC!

Hitman. That's what they should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I wish they would give us a WW animated series. I mean she had a hit movie, there's an audience out there. Pleaaase, DC!
    I would ordinarily be pushing for a WW animated series as well, but so far most of the content of this service seems to be aimed at older fans/audiences, and ideally I would want a Wonder Woman cartoon to skew to all ages.

So we might be stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as getting a proper Wonder Woman cartoon out there .

This is just thrilling to me. When I was a kid I'd have thought we'd have flying cars and passenger flights to resorts on the moon by now but I never would have dreamed there would be a streaming service (or anything like that) dedicated to DC live-action and animated content. I am so excited to sign up for this. I'll pay whatever the price and just hope they're very prolific with content.

And please oh please let Titans and Swamp Thing be as great as they possibly can be. Titans is the non-comic property I'm most excited about and also the one that I least know how to guess at its quality. I expect Aquaman and Shazam and Wonder Woman 2 to be great. And with James Wan on it with clear nods to Alan Moore's incredible run, Swamp Thing seems can't-miss. And we know what we're getting with Young Justice. If it's anything like prior seasons it will be great.

It's impossible to say if Titans is a great Netflix or even HBO quality show or as bad as a rather poor CW one. And it's the one I care about the most. So I really hope it's great. I hope they give Geoff Johns a lot of power over that series. And I suppose we do have a few pretty good things to go on....

- Robin, Hawk, Dove costumes, as they're meant to be seen: check plus!
    - Hints of storylines and really encouraging use of guest stars: another check plus!
    - Those plainly unfinished looks at Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven, which I really don't think we can take as evidence of anything though I am concerned about Kori's look. It's tough to pull off. But the design on Robin, Hawk, and Dove is so great I have a lot of faith.

I guess it all comes down to the quality of the work of the artists involved as all such things do. But I guess I have been pretty encouraged by what I've read.

I don't have a lot of interest in Metropolis (as I didn't with Gotham) but now I love Gotham and am at least intrigued by Metropolis.

I hope there are so many more shows than they've already announced. Would be a great throw-in to include full runs of Batman, Superman, JL, and JLU. Would be greater throw-in to make all past DC properties (film and animation) available here but I'm sure that's asking far too much.

They should make Metropolis focus on Maggie Sawyer and the MSCU. Superman is active but he isn't the focus of the show. Lex and Lois could still play important roles as supporting characters.

They should put there other media on here as well. The nbc Constantine, gotham, arrowverse the various animated t.v.series, movies etc. This plus some Podcast from DC comics or something of that notion for fans would be a great way to get people in.

So will this have the classic dc shows like shazam, superpowers team, swamp thing, or wonder woman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So will this have the classic dc shows like shazam, superpowers team, swamp thing, or wonder woman?
    I would certainly hope so.

I could resurrect my Saturday mornings (with some happy memories).

And new cartoons would make me happier!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The current state of DC animation hasn't filled me with wonder of late and I'm not sure I even want this from them at this time. I can't say I liked any of the recent animated products DC has released outside the Batman '66 stuff. I'll give them Batman Ninja as it's essentially a Sengoku BASARA take on Batman, but still.

Hell, they promised a more faithful Death of Superman and it's going to take place in their New 52 animated continuity. This is to say nothing of Killing Joke and Batman and Harley. Animated DC's a monkey's paw right now.

This all sounds cool to me.
    Batman - Daredevil

I'd be down for that, it's long overdue.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It would be if it were about Lois and Bruce Wayne. Lex isn't much of a playboy.
    I assumed a younger lex would be, based on my smallville
    so is he a billionare nerd shut in

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Mighty Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Hawk and Dove were getting a spinoff. I would love some me Firestorm material.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hawk and Dove were getting a spinoff. I would love some me Firestorm material.
    The H&D actors contracts have spinoff provisions in them. Doesn't guarantee it will happen, but it's certainly something they've considered.