Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Wow! Looks like Wan's on his way to becoming "Mr. DC" around WB. And Swamp Thing plays to his horror background, so I'm predicting good things here.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Veteran comics-to-film/tv writer Mark Verheiden is working on the initial Swamp Thing script,
    Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is like the crown jewel of comics.

I wish DC/WB would expand their scope a little.

He's done some good DAREDEVIL episodes, though.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-02-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Hope they include a comics service in this.

Incredible Member

DC Universe is best name they could come up with?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    https://www.dccomics.com/dcuniverse

So DC finally announcing something about this but really US only? I mean I live in the US but this is just screaming pirating. Anyway just waiting for prices and trailers now...
    Maybe they will license the shows to other network in the international market, Netflix for example has license deal with networks in the Middle East to broadcast series like HOC & Stranger Things.

So they've been working on a subscription service for a year.....maybe two and they only have three shows? I don't know about this one. We'll see.
    The announcement mentions the Exclusive shows are just part of the content of the service, so I imagine there will probably be more available (especially if it's looking to launch in 2019).
    Can't say I saw this coming !
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So the story of the Swamp Thing show will be told through Abby's perspective? That's brilliant. Like with other "monster" tales, ST/Alec doesn't need to be the POV character.
    That, and it can save them on the CGI budget they will probably need for Swampy .

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    But since we're already subscribing to Britbox, Netflix and Hulu, we really have no room for another service currently.
    That's largely how I feel about it.

For years, I've listened to people complain about their stupid high cable bills, and wondered why they didn't just get Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other apps you may need for your particular viewing pleasure. I mean, I pay less than $25 dollars a month and have access to just about everything I want (the rest I just buy when the seasons are released on blu-ray).

Now the networks are trying to nickle and dime me into a high monthly fee by breaking their content up into their own streaming services. CBS All-Access. DC Universe. Blah blah blah.

Nope. I'm not going to play this game. I'm not going to spend fifteen bucks here for one show, ten bucks there for another, and end up spending as much money as those cable subscribers.

DC Universe gets one single month from me, because I promised my kids we'd watch the new season of Young Justice, and I refuse to break a promise to them. So we'll binge it once the whole thing is available, and that'll be it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

For years, I've listened to people complain about their stupid high cable bills, and wondered why they didn't just get Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other apps you may need for your particular viewing pleasure. I mean, I pay less than $25 dollars a month and have access to just about everything I want (the rest I just buy when the seasons are released on blu-ray).

Now the networks are trying to nickle and dime me into a high monthly fee by breaking their content up into their own streaming services. CBS All-Access. DC Universe. Blah blah blah.

Nope. I'm not going to play this game. I'm not going to spend fifteen bucks here for one show, ten bucks there for another, and end up spending as much money as those cable subscribers.

DC Universe gets one single month from me, because I promised my kids we'd watch the new season of Young Justice, and I refuse to break a promise to them. So we'll binge it once the whole thing is available, and that'll be it.

Did it say all the YJ episodes were going to be accessible all at once?

And I see pirating growing more and more the more these companies split their product up

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Yeah, they're not releasing all the Young Justice episodes all at once. It'll be a week to week schedule to avoid the very thing you're suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

It's funny that WB won't give Superman a show,but will give you a prequel for every time before he became Superman.smallville, krypton,and metropolis,we even got Supergirl,but no superman,I'm half expecting to get a superboy series next

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm going to wait and see how much this is and what other shows are being offered before I commit to it. I already subscribe to both Netflix and Funimation which pretty much covers everything I might want to watch so I'm not entirely sure if I want to add another streaming service right now.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, they're not releasing all the Young Justice episodes all at once. It'll be a week to week schedule to avoid the very thing you're suggesting.
    I know. I won't be getting the service until they're all available at the end of the season.

If it's a thing where they remove episodes as they go, then I'll be waiting for a blu-ray, getting them through another vendor, or not watching them at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wish digital comics had been included in this. As is, I'll only watch this for Young Justice and then cancel.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bit disappointed that this is both not planned to be available in the UK and that anyway the service isn't likely to have all or any of the Arrowverse shows - one of the two core things along with the animated retro stuff I'd be interested in getting it for - at launch.

Netflix UK doesn't have the right to CW stuff like Netflix US has since Amazon Prime and Sky seem to have cut it up between them, though they do have a couple of DC and Vertigo shows like Gotham, IZombie and Black Lightning. Oh for a world where these rights would be straightforward.

I also think as soon as Disney arrives on the scene with exclusive Marvel, Star Wars, Fox-based and Disney content plus their entire library, DC is going to have a problem.