Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default DC Universe official streaming service details

https://www.dccomics.com/dcuniverse

So DC finally announcing something about this but really US only? I mean I live in the US but this is just screaming pirating. Anyway just waiting for prices and trailers now...
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-02-2018 at 12:58 PM.

I guess that confirms Metropolis is either still in really early development or just not happening since it doesn't have a logo...

"DC Universe" is a good enough title, but I really want to know what else membership to the service entails other then access to the original shows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that confirms Metropolis is either still in really early development or just not happening since it doesn't have a logo...

"DC Universe" is a good enough title, but I really want to know what else membership to the service entails other then access to the original shows.
    also not well recieved, lois lane and lez luthor personal lives before Kal
    No thanks

How a Midnighter series

Eh, I'm Canadian but they took my email anyways. I think it's just because, as a US-based company, they can't exactly speak for how things go for the entire world all the time, i.e. service could launch on October 9th at 10 am PST, but it could take a few hours longer to get running in Mexico and so they can't give specific updates for Mexico. At least, I hope they're smart enough to realize that this needs to be a global service if they want it to succeed.

Anyways, cool logos. Just need a date and the price.... Also, we should get comics and stuff with this, right? Maybe not right away, and maybe not much aside from, say, the regular DC Nation releases and stuff like the first big new Titans issue (#23) or the issue where Bruce proposes to Selina, etc.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 05-02-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Anyways, cool logos. Just need a date and the price.... Also, we should get comics and stuff with this, right? Maybe not right away, and maybe not much aside from, say, the regular DC Nation releases and stuff like the first big new Titans issue (#23) or the issue where Bruce proposes to Selina, etc.
    They have got to have more content then just this original show, though with a title like "DC Universe" I would think that would entail access to comic stuff, cartoons, movies, etc.

Any chance they'll absorb some of those CW Seed shows? Just to bring them under one roof...

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Extremely excited for this to finally come out!!! #Titans #SwampThing #YoungJustice #HarleyQuinn @DCComics http://dcuniverse.com
    https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/statu...67523463868416
    Interesting, did Geoff just confirm a Swamp Thing project for the service?

Edit: Variety's confirmed it. A planned 2019 launch.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-02-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Mighty Member

So they've been working on a subscription service for a year.....maybe two and they only have three shows? I don't know about this one. We'll see.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Yeah it is weird to imagine launching a streaming service with only three new original presentations to launch with.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    So they've been working on a subscription service for a year.....maybe two and they only have three shows? I don't know about this one. We'll see.
    I doubt they're going to release this with only 3 shows ( I hope not). I think they announced it way too early which makes sense given the three known shows were barely even worked on. I know for YJ when it was announced they basically had nothing.

I'm really not a big fan of fragmentation but that does seem to be the current trend.

Looks like Warner is simply bypassing the hassle of pitching series to networks and providing pilots, when they can just greenlight their own stuff and put it there.
    And, it means that we'll see more fringe stuff that probably wouldn't make it past a pilot as the networks start moving away from superheroes.

At least it's more appealing than subscribing to CBS All-Access just for Star Trek: Discovery. o.O

But since we're already subscribing to Britbox, Netflix and Hulu, we really have no room for another service currently.
    However, if they carry all the past DC shows, like Adventures of Superman, Batman '66, Wonder Woman, Superfriends and the DCAU titles, it would be very tempting.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    But since we're already subscribing to Britbox, Netflix and Hulu, we really have no room for another service currently.
    That's largely how I feel about it.

For years, I've listened to people complain about their stupid high cable bills, and wondered why they didn't just get Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other apps you may need for your particular viewing pleasure. I mean, I pay less than $25 dollars a month and have access to just about everything I want (the rest I just buy when the seasons are released on blu-ray).

Now the networks are trying to nickle and dime me into a high monthly fee by breaking their content up into their own streaming services. CBS All-Access. DC Universe. Blah blah blah.

Nope. I'm not going to play this game. I'm not going to spend fifteen bucks here for one show, ten bucks there for another, and end up spending as much money as those cable subscribers.

DC Universe gets one single month from me, because I promised my kids we'd watch the new season of Young Justice, and I refuse to break a promise to them. So we'll binge it once the whole thing is available, and that'll be it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

It's funny that WB won't give Superman a show,but will give you a prequel for every time before he became Superman.smallville, krypton,and metropolis,we even got Supergirl,but no superman,I'm half expecting to get a superboy series next

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's largely how I feel about it.

For years, I've listened to people complain about their stupid high cable bills, and wondered why they didn't just get Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other apps you may need for your particular viewing pleasure. I mean, I pay less than $25 dollars a month and have access to just about everything I want (the rest I just buy when the seasons are released on blu-ray).

Now the networks are trying to nickle and dime me into a high monthly fee by breaking their content up into their own streaming services. CBS All-Access. DC Universe. Blah blah blah.

Nope. I'm not going to play this game. I'm not going to spend fifteen bucks here for one show, ten bucks there for another, and end up spending as much money as those cable subscribers.

DC Universe gets one single month from me, because I promised my kids we'd watch the new season of Young Justice, and I refuse to break a promise to them. So we'll binge it once the whole thing is available, and that'll be it.

Did it say all the YJ episodes were going to be accessible all at once?

And I see pirating growing more and more the more these companies split their product up