Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Geoff Johns supposedly announcing a fourth live action show.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    What is his job? I thought was going to write a movie script now or something...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Nice, I would hope for another solo hero, maybe another supernatural type like Deadman, Zatanna or Doctor Fate. That or I guess they could do another team based show like Challengers of the Unknown, Dial H for Hero or Blackhawks.

Definitely getting the subscription for a year! I also hope that new show has something to do with Blue Beetle!! Please!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

$7.99 seems like a pretty reasonable price for a streaming service .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Stargirl is the next show Check out @DCComics’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...0%7Ctwterm%5E3

About F Batman does that possibly hurt the service? Now I'm not saying it's wrong for the show but wrong for the first trailer of their original content. Could it scare away potential subscribers who are parents hearing about this new DC Streaming Service offering comics, past DC films/shows, animated films/TV shows and original content and the first thing they see in original content is a violent version of the Titans where Robin says F Batman.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Stargirl is a great choice, it sets up Justice Society and she’s basically DC’s answer to Kamala’s Ms Marvel, which means they get to preempt that inevitable Marvel series...

I will pay to watch Stargirl and then cancel. Don’t really care for the other stuff, but I am stoked for Stargirl and hopefully the JSA.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Geoff Johns isn’t really deserving of his status with TV and he needs a Kevin Feige. Wonder Woman was Patty Jenkins and Justice League is too many cooks in the kitchen. Titans should be avengers in tone and there is a BIG difference between wanting to branch out on your own as a teenager under a semi controlling parent verses outright hating you Guardian. Honestly The Dark Knight Batman should NEVER influence anything with Dick Grayson because that World first excluded him and then turned him into A shape shifting superhero assasin.

Incredible Member

So my question is how much were they trying to make Titans a selling point for their service? For me everything else sold it for me and 15 months for $75 came to $5 a month so for the comics movies and tv shows of previous released material that works for me. The reaction to the trailer is overwhelmingly bad there is no denying that. I’m just curious how much they were hoping this trailer would sell subscriptions. I feel like many at least here will be like me who were sold on the other content mainly.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Since it's not available yet here in the UK. How is the service? Would it be worth the wait?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Since it's not available yet here in the UK. How is the service? Would it be worth the wait?
    It's not available here yet either as far as I know.

I believe I read somewhere that the beta version (or something) launches in August with a full launch sometime after that

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post

I believe I read somewhere that the beta version (or something) launches in August with a full launch sometime after that
    Hmm...I'll wait and see what people are saying about it at the time it's launched in the UK (Assuming of course that it does so).

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post

Yeah, that's correct. I just found out last night that my wife signed up for the beta back whenever it was first announced.

Re: "F*ck Batman" scaring away potential customers.

It might, but probably not to a truly detrimental extent. It doesn't hurt Netflix. And with such a limited catalog of programs, they're biggest audience early on is going to be (mostly) adult nerds and comic fans who aren't going to be scared off. DC Universe will be able to launch a new, more kid-friendly marketing initiative when they get closer to Young Justice's debut, using the old DCAU stuff to bolster their appeal.

The service is going to have to reach multiple audiences and demographics to survive. It just so happened that the content ready to be marketed first was the more adult stuff. But if the kid-focused stuff had been ready first, we'd be wondering if that would make adult fans turn away and look elsewhere.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.