Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    To be fair it felt like they did the most minimal effort with Vixen. At least cartoons can spring for 15 min an episode. DC couldn't even give Vixen 10 min. Vixens first season was like a total of 30 min.
    Vixen was a completely new thing for DC at the time, a short-form animated series set in a live-action universe and on the CWSeed. So a lot of how it was handled was, I think, testing the waters.

Although now with The Ray and Constantine they just bundle all the parts together so there isn't as much abrupt gaps or ends as there was for the Vixen series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    To be fair it felt like they did the most minimal effort with Vixen. At least cartoons can spring for 15 min an episode. DC couldn't even give Vixen 10 min. Vixens first season was like a total of 30 min.
    when has life ever been fair to POCs

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Kaley Cuoco as Harley Quinn? Hmm...not sure how to feel about that but I'd be interested in seeing the Harley Quinn series as well as the Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol series. I've already stated in the Stargirl thread that I'm interested in that also.

Having said that, I'll have to wait until they release it in the United Kingdom.

Incredible Member

Hi subscribe recently. So far, I’m enjoying the crap out of the Titans. I thought the doom patrol episode was really good. I even thought the animation for Robotman was not too bad. And I even enjoy scrolling through the old stuff that’s on there some of the animation and old TV series. When it comes to the adventures of super boy, however, I forgot how bad season one was and how much season two improved!!

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Hi subscribe recently. So far, I’m enjoying the crap out of the Titans. I thought the doom patrol episode was really good. I even thought the animation for Robotman was not too bad. And I even enjoy scrolling through the old stuff that’s on there some of the animation and old TV series. When it comes to the adventures of super boy, however, I forgot how bad season one was and how much season two improved!!
    Is it cheap? Just that if/when it becomes available here in the United Kingdom I'm thinking of subscribing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Is it cheap? Just that if/when it becomes available here in the United Kingdom I'm thinking of subscribing myself.
    It's $7.99 monthly.

I highly doubt its coming to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's $7.99 monthly.
    That's not a bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I highly doubt its coming to the UK.
    Ah well, at least it'll save me money.

That's not a bad price.

Ah well, at least it'll save me money.
    I base this assumption off of the fact that Netflix is getting Titans.

When do you guys think we might get a new show announcement? They haven't announced a new one since Stargirl at SDCC. I'd like a new animated series, in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I base this assumption off of the fact that Netflix is getting Titans.
    Well, with any luck they'll come out on DVD so I can watch them to see what they're like. I don't have Netflix so I have to hope that Titans is released on DVD (or at least is available on Amazon). Same will go for any other DC series that'll be on the streaming device. Wait and see I guess.

Well, with any luck they'll come out on DVD so I can watch them to see what they're like. I don't have Netflix so I have to hope that Titans is released on DVD (or at least is available on Amazon). Same will go for any other DC series that'll be on the streaming device. Wait and see I guess.
    It's hard to say. Allowing Netflix to run Titans so soon goes against (what appears to be) the usual business model for streaming services. And CBS All Access released the first season of Star Trek Discovery fairly quickly as well, which you don't see from Netflix or Hulu or whoever else. I mean, Netflix did release some of the Marvel Defenders shows on DvD but the distribution was limited and there was no marketing at all for it and Daredevil and Jessica Jones had been out for years first.

Distributing through a secondary service/company and releasing blu-ray a mere six months after a season ends seems to run counter to how streaming services operate; where they keep all their shows from any kind of disc release and deny access to other services so you have to sub through them for the content. Perhaps DCU will be equally off kilter? I was pretty surprised by the Netflix Titans announcement (that might have to do with the service's US-only release though). But it's one less reason for me to sub to DCU; if I can get access to their shows without paying more (I already use Netflix) then I'll happily wait a few extra months for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I enjoyed the DC Universe Yule Log .