Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's hard to say. Allowing Netflix to run Titans so soon goes against (what appears to be) the usual business model for streaming services. And CBS All Access released the first season of Star Trek Discovery fairly quickly as well, which you don't see from Netflix or Hulu or whoever else. I mean, Netflix did release some of the Marvel Defenders shows on DvD but the distribution was limited and there was no marketing at all for it and Daredevil and Jessica Jones had been out for years first.

Distributing through a secondary service/company and releasing blu-ray a mere six months after a season ends seems to run counter to how streaming services operate; where they keep all their shows from any kind of disc release and deny access to other services so you have to sub through them for the content. Perhaps DCU will be equally off kilter? I was pretty surprised by the Netflix Titans announcement (that might have to do with the service's US-only release though). But it's one less reason for me to sub to DCU; if I can get access to their shows without paying more (I already use Netflix) then I'll happily wait a few extra months for it.
    Its literally because the App isnt available outside the USA, I'm assuming so at least. Why spend millions on a bunch of shows thar no one can see ?

A recent piece of news about the AT&T takeover suggests that they might be merging their apps into a broader streaming service.

Two years ago, Tsujihara tapped Hunegs to beef up the studio’s direct-to-consumer streaming operations. Hunegs spearheaded the launch of the fledgling DC Universe subscription service and Warner Bros.’ acquisition of Machinima. Those operations are in flux now that AT&T is looking to launch a broad subscription streaming platform incorporating existing Warner Bros. properties. Machinima, the gaming-focused service, was recently shifted from Warner Bros. to AT&T’s Otter Media digital suite.
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cra...it-1203085960/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    A recent piece of news about the AT&T takeover suggests that they might be merging their apps into a broader streaming service.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cra...it-1203085960/
    Yeah, those in the know have already confirmed that the DCU is being absorbed into the larger Warner Media streaming service. Makes sense if you ask me...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its literally because the App isnt available outside the USA, I'm assuming so at least. Why spend millions on a bunch of shows thar no one can see ?
    That was my assumption, and I don't know a lot about how these services function, but it seems an odd choice to sell the shows to Netflix when they could open the service up overseas and pull in a steady stream of revenue while still retaining sole control of their product. The infrastructure for the overseas market must already be there, after all. I doubt it'd require much investment to bring the DCU app to the UK and Europe.

Perhaps WB/DC dont believe there's enough of a market in Europe to make expansion worthwhile, but then why sell the shows to Netflix? If few people beyond the States are expected to be interested in the product, then all they've done is lose long-term subscriptions for a short-term gain by selling to Netflix.

Of course, short term gains at the expense of long-term ones do seem to be a standard practice at WB/DC, so.......

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yeah, those in the know have already confirmed that the DCU is being absorbed into the larger Warner Media streaming service. Makes sense if you ask me...
    Agreed. WB will benefit more from a single service than a bunch of smaller, independent ones. And so will consumers. At least, we'll benefit as much as we're going to, with the streaming market being diced up like it is (not a fan!).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe a more broader streaming service means more variety of DC productions, especially since DC Universe doesn't seem interested in producing new cartoons or shows for kids and all ages audience since Cartoon Network isn't feasible anymore.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed the DC Universe Yule Log .
    Funnily enough I had Yule Log on Christmas Day, and I enjoyed it as I always do

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Makes sense I agree.

BANNED

Anything that widens viewership is good.

Good and insightful article on the DC Universe in its 5 months and it's future.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/dc-un...titans-2019-2/

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Good and insightful article on the DC Universe in its 5 months and it's future.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/dc-un...titans-2019-2/
    Sounds like DC Universe is doing fairly well for a new streaming service, and just has to find a way to capture more casual audiences moving forward.

Which makes me curious to see how it will factor into the upcoming Warner Bros. streaming service.

How much $$ do you guys think the Warner Media streaming service will cost?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Can't see it being much more then DC Universe.

Sounds like DC Universe is doing fairly well for a new streaming service, and just has to find a way to capture more casual audiences moving forward.

Which makes me curious to see how it will factor into the upcoming Warner Bros. streaming service.
    I have an idea, make it available on more platforms. Like gaming consoles!

I thought the Warner Bros. streaming service was a boardroom idea rumor but apparently it's a legit thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Probably the same as HBO or DCU. I'm going with HBO.