Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 502
  1. #241
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    then where would the arroverse, smallville, Gotham go?
    CW or CW Seed until their licensing deal ends, maybe?

    And then to the DC Universe.
    They'll need new content on their second and third years. The Arrowverse would be a nice addition once the service starts to level out.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  2. #242
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    I'm curious when the Netflix deal on the Arrowverse shows ends.

  3. #243
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    CW or CW Seed until their licensing deal ends, maybe?

    And then to the DC Universe.
    They'll need new content on their second and third years. The Arrowverse would be a nice addition once the service starts to level out.
    I feel like the warner media will take it, the cw seed shows should be on DC universe now

  4. #244
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    DC Universe comes to Xbox One.
    https://mashable.com/article/dc-univ.../#pTRuM4ehWZqu

    Hopefully Playstation and Switch is next.

  5. #245
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC Universe comes to Xbox One.
    https://mashable.com/article/dc-univ.../#pTRuM4ehWZqu

    Hopefully Playstation and Switch is next.
    I've got Roku, so I'm good, but I'm happy for X-Box One users (and hope the same for other consoles) .

  6. #246
    Incredible Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've got Roku, so I'm good, but I'm happy for X-Box One users (and hope the same for other consoles) .
    Same boat, hoping PS4 is coming next.

  7. #247
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default

    The second wave of comics have now been added.
    As has JLA/ Fatal Five.

    Meanwhile, something appeared today that concerned me...
    On the home screen, Animal Man volume 1 was featured, but it was labeled 'Last Chance to Read'.
    Can someone find out what this means?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  8. #248
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default



    Are they burning the comics?
    Are they revoking the license from themselves?

    If they're removing comics, why bother adding the full library at one time?

    I'm actually worried that they could be removing the Vertigo related comics and mature readers titles.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-16-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  9. #249
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    It means they're removing it probably at the end of the month
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  10. #250
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It means they're removing it probably at the end of the month
    That's interesting.
    Why bother saying that the full bascklog up to one year ago would be available if they're going to be removing stuff?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  11. #251
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default

    Think I may have found the answer...

    "Animal Man is leaving because it was part of the Vertigo imprint. Part of the deal that lets them have all of these comics is that they can’t have any comics under imprints like Vertigo. Of course it is up to negotiation and DC Universe may have titles from other imprints if they manage to strike a deal."
    Source - in the comments

    Doom Patrol may have been negotiated because of the show.
    Swamp Thing, also, with the upcoming show.

    But we probably won't be seeing Sandman or any other Vertigo titles.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  12. #252
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That's interesting.
    Why bother saying that the full bascklog up to one year ago would be available if they're going to be removing stuff?
    I recommend checking out their watchtower forum in the community section, they explain their announcements in more details. As for animal man, apparently the deal to be able to feature most of the dc condos library meant they could not have vertigo comics on the app. I guess this is a way DC doesn’t just give everything away for cheap. They said they are keeping some vertigo swamp thing comics because of the tv show coming though.

  13. #253
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I recommend checking out their watchtower forum in the community section, they explain their announcements in more details. As for animal man, apparently the deal to be able to feature most of the dc condos library meant they could not have vertigo comics on the app. I guess this is a way DC doesn’t just give everything away for cheap. They said they are keeping some vertigo swamp thing comics because of the tv show coming though.
    Thanks.
    I guess I should use that forum.
    I'm just used to DC and Marvel pawning off feedback to other people's forums, so I don't even consider going there.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  14. #254
    Incredible Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Last night I checked Birds of Prey and while they claimed to only have 22 issues, I saw a much more robust library when I looked into which issues were accounted for. There's an error somewhere, but they definitely have a bit more on there than they let on. Pretty cool.

  15. #255
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,360

    Default

    Found the best quote to use for information regarding the removal of Animal-Man.

    "DC Universe is separate and not part of DC Comics.
    DC Comics is the source for all DC comics, including Vertigo.

    To get the full digital library, it was agreed that DC Universe would not get Vertigo access at that time.
    Then specific negotiations were done on those characters who had both Vertigo and DC titles, which were Animal Man, Constantine, Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol.
    It was decided DC Universe would have to give up the original Grant Morrison Animal Man issues, but kept the rest.
    The fact that DC Universe had original content on Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol helped sway the matter their way."
    Source - in the comments

    While it's sad to see Animal-Man take it for the team, it at least is a consolation that this won't be a recurring thing.
    So I won't constantly be fearing that something might be going away.

    It's also nice that Doom Patrol was spared because of the show.
    Another reason to be thankful for the show's success.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •