Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 545
  1. #286
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    WM last stake in Hulu has been sold
    To Disney? They just got Fox's share so already had 60%, a controlling stake. That wouldn't be good news for Warner.

  2. #287
    Fantastic Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Hopefully Warner Media app will have the DC section so I can read all those glorious comics.
    R.I.P. us people outside the US.
    Favourite DC heroes: Flash (Wally West), Red Hood (Jason Todd), Batman.

  3. #288
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Based on all I see, I really don't think people need to be concerned about Warner Media absorbing DC Universe. I could see them carryng seasons of DCU shows after they premiere on DC Universe, but not abosring the entire app.

    Look at the facts

    - All recent articles suggest DC Universe has been doing steady for what WB wants it to be and is making the DC brand stronger after the bad rep of the movies
    -This is without apps on all streaming functions such as gaming consoles
    -They just recently started piling up the comic backlog, which will bring in even more subs
    -Season 2 of Titans is filming and s2 of Harley is apparently starting also

  4. #289
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Based on all I see, I really don't think people need to be concerned about Warner Media absorbing DC Universe. I could see them carryng seasons of DCU shows after they premiere on DC Universe, but not abosring the entire app.

    Look at the facts

    - All recent articles suggest DC Universe has been doing steady for what WB wants it to be and is making the DC brand stronger after the bad rep of the movies
    -This is without apps on all streaming functions such as gaming consoles
    -They just recently started piling up the comic backlog, which will bring in even more subs
    -Season 2 of Titans is filming and s2 of Harley is apparently starting also
    At the very least I think we might see a scenario where more all-ages DC cartoons might start debuting on the Warner Media service instead of DC Universe since it's original content skews toward the older crowd.

  5. #290
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    Yeah, I really don’t see Warner adding comics to their WB service.
    It would just seem so random to most WB subscribers and they’d probably complain that WB added comics to inflate the price.

    I really think they’ll keep it as an optional add-on that can also be subbed to separately.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  6. #291
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To Disney? They just got Fox's share so already had 60%, a controlling stake. That wouldn't be good news for Warner.
    How so? WM has no more need for any stake in Hulu.

  7. #292
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Hopefully Warner Media app will have the DC section so I can read all those glorious comics.
    R.I.P. us people outside the US.
    I dont know, here in the UK they just dump the series on Netflix which is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. I mean I cant read the comics which is incredibly dissapointing (all I want is a DC unlimited WB, its not hard Marvel have done it !) but thats it

  8. #293
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,742

    Default

    Netflix is cheaper?

  9. #294
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    173

    Default

    The trailer for the Alfred show is out and... WHAT?

  10. #295
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    The trailer for the Alfred show is out and... WHAT?
    I don't see anything on DCUniverse about it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  11. #296
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,678

    Default

    Looks like Young Animal is considered 'DC Universe', all the issues up to a year ago are now up.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  12. #297
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Hopefully Warner Media app will have the DC section so I can read all those glorious comics.
    R.I.P. us people outside the US.
    Warener Meida will be global and I am sure DCUniverse will be as well as soon they are ready to announce WM app

  13. #298
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I don't see anything on DCUniverse about it.
    Its on Epix, for some dumb reason when they could have had it on HBO i going to ignore it, cuz i aint buying another channel

  14. #299
    Fantastic Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Warener Meida will be global and I am sure DCUniverse will be as well as soon they are ready to announce WM app
    I really hope so. Hopefully they'll add lots of payment methods *cough* PayPal *cough* and not only credit card because then I'm out.
    Favourite DC heroes: Flash (Wally West), Red Hood (Jason Todd), Batman.

  15. #300
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Netflix is cheaper?
    Yes. DC universe is a $30 3 month minimum subscription iirc, Netflix here is 7.99

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •