Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 523
  1. #301
    Reader of Stuff Hilden B. Lade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one
    Posts
    2,077

    Default


    Swamp Thing teaser trailer

  2. #302
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    What I've managed to read on the app so far.
    (I say 'managed' because it's easy to get lost in the comics just exploring what's out there, making lists and choosing what to read first.)

    My Greatest Adventure #80-82 (been reading the back-up stories, as well, which slowed me down some)

    Man of Steel #1-3 (started on my Post-Crisis reading list, next is Batman #401. Already read these before, numerous times. Now I can make it further into the list without worrying about buying issues slowing me down)

    Justice League Dark #1-6 (started reading the New52 JLDark series again. I never finished the initial story arc before. Now I'm sorta glad I didn't. It had some really good characterization, but the plot was obviously contrived as a quick 'get them together' to meet editorial demands and the whole Enchantress thing boiled down to a non-story that lasted five issues longer than needed. We'll see if I continue or not.)

    Future Quest #1 (will be reading these and FQPresents)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  3. #303
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What I've managed to read on the app so far.
    (I say 'managed' because it's easy to get lost in the comics just exploring what's out there, making lists and choosing what to read first.)

    My Greatest Adventure #80-82 (been reading the back-up stories, as well, which slowed me down some)

    Man of Steel #1-3 (started on my Post-Crisis reading list, next is Batman #401. Already read these before, numerous times. Now I can make it further into the list without worrying about buying issues slowing me down)

    Justice League Dark #1-6 (started reading the New52 JLDark series again. I never finished the initial story arc before. Now I'm sorta glad I didn't. It had some really good characterization, but the plot was obviously contrived as a quick 'get them together' to meet editorial demands and the whole Enchantress thing boiled down to a non-story that lasted five issues longer than needed. We'll see if I continue or not.)

    Future Quest #1 (will be reading these and FQPresents)
    Jeff Lemire made JLD way better than when it started.

  4. #304
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Jeff Lemire made JLD way better than when it started.
    Quite possibly.
    I didn't care for Animal Man. Mostly due to Foreman's art.
    But I did like Frankenstein.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  5. #305
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

    Swamp Thing teaser trailer
    They've definitely got the horror vibe down. The actual hero comes off like your average evil movie monster, at least from an outside perspective.

    I hope they give Abby white hair eventually.

  6. #306
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've definitely got the horror vibe down. The actual hero comes off like your average evil movie monster, at least from an outside perspective.

    I hope they give Abby white hair eventually.
    Yeah, it looks good.
    I also hope she gets the white hair (complete with the black streak).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  7. #307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What I've managed to read on the app so far.
    (I say 'managed' because it's easy to get lost in the comics just exploring what's out there, making lists and choosing what to read first.)
    Glad to see I’m not the only one who has this problem. It’s been like Christmas morning for several Tuesdays now, but getting started actually reading all this stuff is overwhelming! Nice problem to have.
    Cheers - CL

  8. #308
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Glad to see I’m not the only one who has this problem. It’s been like Christmas morning for several Tuesdays now, but getting started actually reading all this stuff is overwhelming! Nice problem to have.
    And I have started lists for everything that interests me. Mostly pre-Zero Hour stuff, but there's a few modern things in there.
    I'm about to start reading the DCAU comics again, beginning with Batman Adventures.
    And Young Animal, which aside from Doom Patrol, I just couldn't afford to follow.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  9. #309
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    More recently read:

    Doom Patrol (2016) #1 (reread this one as I start on the Young Animal imprint)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  10. #310
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    More recently read:

    Doom Patrol (2016) #1 (reread this one as I start on the Young Animal imprint)
    Loved this run on Doom Patrol. Looking forward to the next chapters.

    I'm having the same problem deciding what to read and am reading several series at once. I'm deep into JL Dark and am enjoying it a lot but had to skip some issues because they were tie-ins to events that weren't fully up on the site yet like Forever Evil: Blight.

  11. #311
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Loved this run on Doom Patrol. Looking forward to the next chapters.

    I'm having the same problem deciding what to read and am reading several series at once. I'm deep into JL Dark and am enjoying it a lot but had to skip some issues because they were tie-ins to events that weren't fully up on the site yet like Forever Evil: Blight.
    They're all up there now.
    I posted a reading list for JLDark in the Community.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  12. #312
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    Working my way through Young Animal.
    Just read Shade the Changing Girl #1 and Future Quest #2.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-26-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  13. #313
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    I posted my DC '70s Horror Index over there.

    And today I read Future Quest #3.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  14. #314
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They're all up there now.
    I posted a reading list for JLDark in the Community.
    Thanks! I'm using it now!

  15. #315
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thanks! I'm using it now!

    Awesome!

    And I just read Future Quest #4.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •