Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Damn Jean Loring should have just poisoned everybody with cookies
    It would've been more believable, for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Damn Jean Loring should have just poisoned everybody with cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would've been more believable, for sure .
    Lol!!
    Right?!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

More readings:

Justice League of America (1960) #182
    Felix Faust makes an appearance while the Justice League demands a face-to-face explanation from Ollie about why he's leaving.
    My favorite part would have to be where Black Canary takes him by surprise by not going with him. He really thought she would go with him 'just because'.
    But she explains why and shows why she is a strong character in her own right.
    Meanwhile. Elongated Man gets a back-up story that suits him well.
    It's rather short but very effective.
    I liked seeing Ralph, Sue, Carter and Shiera buddying up like the Flintstones and the Rubbles. They make a great foursome.
    I'd love to see more like this.
    And there's a little cheesecake and beefcake in the story. A bit of something for everyone.

Justice League of America (1960) #183
    Dick Dillin's last issue.
    Also, this issue came out the same month as the first appearance of the New Teen Titans in DC Comics Presents #26. So JLA is now caught up with Titans. Now to get them both caught up with Legion.
    This issue features a lot of my favorite characters: Dr. Fate, Huntress, Power Girl, Firestorm, Mister Miracle and Big Barda.
    And to think... Darkseid dead... And resurrected by the Injustice Society of Earth-2! That one has most definitely been erased from the history books. It's a shame.
    But then, that whole version of the New Gods was eventually scrapped. So no matter how you look at it, this story no longer happened. Crisis hit it from one side and the New Gods retcons that came later (keeping only Kirby's original run as canon) hit it from the other side.
    Still, it's nice to see this assortment of heroes. The scene with Batman, Huntress and Mister Miracle gave me JLI feels.

Note: I would be reading Wonder Woman for the Huntress back-ups, but DC hasn't digitized all the issues, yet.
    Same for the Flash issues with Firestorm back-ups and the Flash issues with Dr. Fate back-ups.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-19-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Some more reading:

New Teen Titans (1980) #1
    The team comes together, for real.
    Really liked the character mix. Cyborg, Raven and Starfire complement the others very well artistically.
    I also liked that Starfire doesn't automatically speak English.
    If Grant had just left well enough alone... the next 45 issues would've turned out entirely different.
    And Changeling really is a better name than 'Beast Boy'.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This is unfair, I envy you! Someone knows if there’s news about when the service will be launched in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    This is unfair, I envy you! Someone knows if there’s news about when the service will be launched in Europe?
    My guess is sometime after the bugs are all worked out and it's 'ready for prime time'.

Last month, they added comics to the service in that one month that equated to what had been added to Comixology over the course of 8 years.
    So, a lot of books had errors in them. Some books in the wrong series, some books with pages out of order, some books missing pages.

And, they may want to have more video content before launching worldwide. They already have complaints from subscribers that went in with the wrong idea, thinking every DC tv show or movie would be on there.

There's currently some features that are in the works, but not functional, yet.
    You can make lists to sort the comics, and you can make them private or public. Making them public allows for you to share custom reading orders. Right now you can make the lists, but they're not visible to others.
    There's profiles, you can make a profile image and an avatar image, and you can click on user names in the forum, but they don't take you anywhere. Can't view user profiles, yet.
    They're also about to upgrade the forums this summer.

I would expect that if/when they do expand out that Europe and the rest of North America would be next in line.

I can understand the frustration, though.
    I think almost every new online game I've gotten into in the last few years started first in Asia and we had to wait a almost year to play.

Retired

I think the big problem is that the TV programs have already been sold to Netflix or other streaming platforms and networks in other countries outside the U.S and the DC Universe service would violate those agreements if it was available. If a company pays DC for the exclusive rights to a series in a given country and then DC offers the same series on their platform, that's unfair.

I think that's the main reason we can't get Hulu in Canada, because other companies have secured those rights for Canadian broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think the big problem is that the TV programs have already been sold to Netflix or other streaming platforms and networks in other countries outside the U.S and the DC Universe service would violate those agreements if it was available. If a company pays DC for the exclusive rights to a series in a given country and then DC offers the same series on their platform, that's unfair.

I think that's the main reason we can't get Hulu in Canada, because other companies have secured those rights for Canadian broadcast.
    That's true.
    I thought of that but wasn't sure if they had contracted the shows to other services overseas or not.

More reading:

Justice League of America (1960) #184
    George Perez's first issue.
    More Power Girl, Firestorm, Huntress, Dr. Fate, Mister Miracle and Big Barda excitement!
    The fight between the Injustice Society and Power Girl, Firestorm and Orion was good and it's always nice to see Earth-1 Batman working alongside the original Huntress.
    However, I did think that Hal's reaction to seeing High-Father was a bit over the top.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That's true.
    I thought of that but wasn't sure if they had contracted the shows to other services overseas or not.
    DOOM PATROL is on Space in Canada, but it's more than a month behind. TITANS is due to stream on Netflix everywhere outside of the U.S.

Seeing as DP just tackled one of dc’s biggest twists that spoilers:
    the Chief was behind everything
    end of spoilers, I guess it’s inevitable that Swamp thing will adapt the other big one spoilers:
    that Alec is long dead and Swampy only thinks he’s him
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Seeing as DP just tackled one of dc’s biggest twists that spoilers:
    the Chief was behind everything
    end of spoilers, I guess it’s inevitable that Swamp thing will adapt the other big one spoilers:
    that Alec is long dead and Swampy only thinks he’s him
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought that was pretty inevitable with everything they've been pulling from the Moore run.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I wonder if they're saving Abby's hair being white for after being freed from Hell.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if they're saving Abby's hair being white for after being freed from Hell.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it it does happen, they'll make it plot relevant.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they just leave it as a white streak.
    end of spoilers

More reading:

New Teen Titans (1980) #2
    Deathstroke makes his first appearance and Grant makes his last.
    All the new kids got some subplot focus this month, also.
    Some of the best story pacing in comics.
    And next issue: The Fearsome Five!