Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I’m already in withdrawal for Doom Patrol
    I’ll give Swampy a chance but I doubt it will be a worthy substitute
    I feel the same.

And more reading:

All-Star Comics #59
    The second part of the All-Star Comics/JSA revival that introduced Power Girl.
    I honestly had forgotten who was teamed up with Brainwave in the story until I read it again.
    Robin scores a point for logic and deductive reasoning, Power Girl shows just how strong she is and Star-Spangled Kid proves he still has what it takes.
    Really enjoyed seeing Dr. Fate, Dr. Mid-Nite and Wildcat.

The Power Girl/women's lib vs. Wildcat/male chauvinism was a bit 'on the nose', but it was the '70s, women's lib was still having a cultural impact, and Wildcat was the most obvious choice to be the foil for her because of his boxer machismo. At least they kept Wildcat down to being a 'mild' chauvinist to avoid making him unlikable. He really just comes off as 'that parent or grandparent' that you just get embarrassed of when they say something they think is perfectly acceptable and it's not.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Looks good, but appears to be a bit more gory than I can stomach on a weekly basis.
    I may watch the first episode, though, to see if they kept any of Moore's deeper pyschological story concepts, or if they just went the easy way out.
    Woodrue's appearance gives me hope, though. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

Looks good, but appears to be a bit more gory than I can stomach on a weekly basis.
    I may watch the first episode, though, to see if they kept any of Moore's deeper pyschological story concepts, or if they just went the easy way out.
    This looks very story and horror driven, I'm pretty impressed and excited.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I loved it when Blue Devil popped up .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm on the fence with Blue Devil.

I didn't realize that was Blue Devil, I'm even more hyped. If Blue Devil is here then I have no doubt we will see Deadman sometime soon.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Man I freaking love this streaming service, I hope it’s here to stay for a long time. All these comics and shows I always wanted to get into but never thought I would since it would be too much of a hassle. Neat thing is that one of my 2 part time jobs involves a lot of downtime, and I’ve been able to pass a lot of time just catching up on my reading. Trying to remember everything I’ve read there’s Demon Knights, Flash Rebirth, Justice League Dark, New Teen Titans, Morrison Doom Patrol, King’s Batman, dark nights Metal with all it’s tie ins, some silver age Superman, that Invasion storyline with the dominators, the Batwoman detective comics, Ben Percy’s Green Arrow, Black Lightning year one, and new 52 All Star Western. Haven’t finished all those runs but I’ve been reading an arc from one, then moving to another thing, another thing going back and fourth etc. Also reread All Star Superman, Batman: Hush, Wonder Woman Year One and some of John’s Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Man I freaking love this streaming service, I hope it’s here to stay for a long time. All these comics and shows I always wanted to get into but never thought I would since it would be too much of a hassle. Neat thing is that one of my 2 part time jobs involves a lot of downtime, and I’ve been able to pass a lot of time just catching up on my reading. Trying to remember everything I’ve read there’s Demon Knights, Flash Rebirth, Justice League Dark, New Teen Titans, Morrison Doom Patrol, King’s Batman, dark nights Metal with all it’s tie ins, some silver age Superman, that Invasion storyline with the dominators, the Batwoman detective comics, Ben Percy’s Green Arrow, Black Lightning year one, and new 52 All Star Western. Haven’t finished all those runs but I’ve been reading an arc from one, then moving to another thing, another thing going back and fourth etc. Also reread All Star Superman, Batman: Hush, Wonder Woman Year One and some of John’s Green Lantern.
    You've been staying busy! LOL
    I'm sooo glad they have the Lists feature so I can stay organized and remember where I leave off on each series as I hop around, also.

More reading:

Firestorm: The Nuclear Man (1978) #1
    The debut of Firestorm, arguably Gerry Conway's greatest creation at DC.
    I've read it before but still enjoy it.
    It was very 'Marvel-esque' at the time. Personal lives that not only matter for the hero but also makes him relatable to the readers.
    Ronnie Raymond (and Prof Stein) is just as important in the book as Firestorm and it shows.

More reading:

Firestorm: The Nuclear Man (1978) #1
    The debut of Firestorm, arguably Gerry Conway's greatest creation at DC.
    I've read it before but still enjoy it.
    It was very 'Marvel-esque' at the time. Personal lives that not only matter for the hero but also makes him relatable to the readers.
    Ronnie Raymond (and Prof Stein) is just as important in the book as Firestorm and it shows.
    I should finally check out that run .

I should finally check out that run .
    I like it.
    His excitement at being a hero is so refreshing.
    And Conway did a good job setting the tone.

I'm so happy to be able to re-read Hourman by Peyer and Morales. It really holds up. What a great series.

More reading:

Firestorm: The Nuclear Man (1978) #2
    And the Rogues start rolling in. This month: Multiplex, who shares his origin with Firestorm.
    Superman pays a visit to see Firestorm in action and plants the seed for Ronnie's admittance into the JLA in a couple years.
    I liked that Multiplex was an opposite of Firestorm, and that they actually explained that in the story.
    Looking forward to Killer Frost next issue.

Finished Doom Patrol, now i'm going to watch Swamp Thing. DCU hasn't missed so far when it comes to their originals, atleast in my eyes they haven't. I'm even more anxious to try out their post YJ animated shows.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Doom Patrol was fantastic and loved the first episode of Swamp Thing. Although the swamp vines reminded me of being a kid watching GI Joe the Revenge of Cobra with the Weather Dominator and Destro's deadly vines.