Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Swamp Thing’: Inside The Downfall Of DC’s Murky Monster: https://thegww.com/swamp-thing-insid...murky-monster/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Swamp Thing’: Inside The Downfall Of DC’s Murky Monster: https://thegww.com/swamp-thing-insid...murky-monster/
    So more shows like the CW ones!??!! And less shows like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing? Wtf is going on with that executives! That's a terrible direction to go in! Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing are so so so much better than any of the best seasons the CW shows have to offer! I will be extremely pissed off if this is indeed true! I hate the CW shows and love the DCU shows...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

"They decided to wait until mid-June to make a final decision. But, Warners decided to pull the plug early last week: this was expected but it is unknown why they did it so early. The swamp set is currently being taken down in North Carolina."

Maybe because someone forced their hand by leaking information out, requiring DC/WB to officially make an announcement.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I never understood how it was financially feasible for DC Universe to exist considering the extremely high costs of the shows and small amount of original programming that only comes out one at a time. Also, the back catalog of movies, TV shows, and comics is only enticing to a small niche. Part of the reason Netflix is popular is because their catalog is so vast and diverse, and even then they have billions of dollars in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I never understood how it was financially feasible for DC Universe to exist considering the extremely high costs of the shows and small amount of original programming that only comes out one at a time. Also, the back catalog of movies, TV shows, and comics is only enticing to a small niche. Part of the reason Netflix is popular is because their catalog is so vast and diverse, and even then they have billions of dollars in debt.
    DC Universe is part of the current media fragmentation trend.
    Eventually, things will expand out so far it'll collapse and we'll see the possible rise of internet cable.

The best thing DC Universe has done is add the full digital comic catalog.
    That will set it apart and give it a purpose for existing when the bubble bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So more shows like the CW ones!??!! And less shows like Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing? Wtf is going on with that executives! That's a terrible direction to go in! Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing are so so so much better than any of the best seasons the CW shows have to offer! I will be extremely pissed off if this is indeed true! I hate the CW shows and love the DCU shows...
    I think it mostly boils down to budget. The CW is known for having cheaper shows that still do well enough in terms of ratings for their network standards.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This is an aggravating event. So if GoT was still continuing would they have canceled that?

Looks like WB and DC Universe are having a bit of a rocky relationship...

LoL, boy did they get inside there.

Is "Geeks Worldwide" a reputable site? I don't see anyone else making the claim that WB wants more CW-style shows (and I love the CW shows, don't get me wrong, but surely WB is also capable of making Doom Patrols and Swamp Things.)

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Is "Geeks Worldwide" a reputable site? I don't see anyone else making the claim that WB wants more CW-style shows (and I love the CW shows, don't get me wrong, but surely WB is also capable of making Doom Patrols and Swamp Things.)
    I never heard of them before, myself.

Retired

Well, the people who worked on DOOM PATROL were people who worked on CW shows. So I don't think the difference is because of the creatives involved--it's probably a function of the business. Shows for the CW need to work within that network's schedule, market and budget. I wonder if the DC Universe producers were given any guidelines for what they had to produce or if they were just let loose to do as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Idk about GWW but Omega Underground (which the article is under) usually had news, scoop, casting descriptions and audition videos regarding shows and movies on their site before they were bought by GWW, so outside of Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, and Variety, I do look to them for some scoops.

Yeah they can keep all of that, I want nothing to do with it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

More reading...

Firestorm: The Nuclear Man (1978) #5
    (Skipping the black & white pages of #6 for now. Don't want my brain to think anything in it was canon just yet.)
    And I reach the end of Firestorm's first series.
    Hyena was interesting and Multiplex is becoming a strong enemy.
    Firestorm's inexperience gets amplified by Stein getting drunk.
    When he was fighting Hyena he could've passed through the road to get away... Or he could've turned the concrete under Hyena into peanut butter...
    I liked Cliff discovering that someone from the school was Firestorm. This and Stein hiring the detective to follow him are the two best subplots in the book. Or would be, if it wasn't cancelled.
    And poor Cliff. He never realized so many people disliked him.
    It's like how you don't notice other people's blue cars until you have a blue car (or insert another color, or a jeep, or a motorcycle).

However, if there's one thing I don't care for in the book is the convenient connections going on involving major characters of Ronnie's personal life.
    Of course his dad would be involved with the mob.
    Of course his principal would be protecting his dad.
    Of course 'Spit' Shine was after the principal to get to Ronnie's dad.
    And I'm suspecting Summer has something to do with it all, just because everyone else does.
    I'd overlook all that, though, providing we had gotten more of Stein's detective and Cliff's search for Firestorm's identity.

Unfortunately, the Flash back-ups that featured Firestorm haven't been put on Comixology, yet. so they're not available to read on DC Universe.

As for where Firestorm appears between this issue and his next ongoing:

DC Comics Presents #17
    Justice League of America #179 (joins and appears for much of the rest of the Satellite era; #179-230)
    Flash #289-304 (featured in a back-up strip, #294-296 reworks the unpublished story from Firestorm #6)
    Brave and the Bold #172
    DC Comics Presents #45
    Then back in his own title again with Fury of Firestorm #1.