Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That’s one of those fake you tubers with the text-to-speech voice.
    I try not to click on those to avoid my feed from cluttering up with fake propaganda videos.
    It also has ‘Discovery is a Failure!’ plastered on the video’s thumbnail. Another dead giveaway.
    In other words you're trying to ignore the facts.

Overlord DVD is one of the best reviewers I've ever seen. His channel has proven time and again that STD (which is appropriate since that's exactly what it is, a disease) is a miserable excuse for a series and is indeed a complete failure, both critically and commercially. That piece of slurry isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as a masterpiece like "Swamp Thing."

I recently saw another proclaiming that Last Jedi was ‘a Failure!’
    It is. "The Last Jedi" is a piece of garbage and has killed the Star Wars franchise stone-dead. Pretty much nobody cares about Star Wars anymore because of how atrocious "The Last Jedi" was. Nobody's buying the merchandise, "Galaxy's Edge" is basically deserted, there's zero hype for the upcoming movie etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    It is. "The Last Jedi" is a piece of garbage and has killed the Star Wars franchise stone-dead. Pretty much nobody cares about Star Wars anymore because of how atrocious "The Last Jedi" was. Nobody's buying the merchandise, "Galaxy's Edge" is basically deserted, there's zero hype for the upcoming movie etc.
    Last Jedi was at least ten times better than the first two prequels.
    Probably because Jar Jar and Baby/Emo Anakin wasn't in it.

I would admit that Kylo Ren is likely the least interesting villain the series has ever had and his emo is almost as bad as Young Annie.
    But I do think that Rey, Finn and Poe are good additions.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

And back on topic...

Doom Patrol's second season was officially announced and will be released simultaneously on DCUniverse and HBO Max.
    It's set to debut sometime next year after HBO Max launches.

In other words you're trying to ignore the facts.

Overlord DVD is one of the best reviewers I've ever seen. His channel has proven time and again that STD (which is appropriate since that's exactly what it is, a disease) is a miserable excuse for a series and is indeed a complete failure, both critically and commercially. That piece of slurry isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as a masterpiece like "Swamp Thing."
    First off, whether something is a critical failure is a matter of opinion, not of fact. Second, the number of views of a streaming service's programming is near impossible for impartial outsiders to gather. Something to consider, though, is that CBS All Access not only renewed for another season, but they got the same guy who's in charge of that show to produce another Trek show. That doesn't exactly give the appearance of a commercial failure.

While I'm not a fan of "The Last Jedi", it has not killed the franchise. Not even close. It made $ 1.3 million, not counting home video sales and TV licences. If Galaxy's Edge were a failure, Disney wouldn't plan another one at the Euro Disneyland in Paris. There definitely is hype for the new movie, including fan theories, excessive coverage when the first trailer dropped, etc. There's also massive hype for the "The Mandalorian" TV show, and just the possibility of a Kenobi TV show got a lot of buzz last week. Now, it is true that Disney has cancelled further theatrical Star Wars releases for a few years, but that is due to the failure of "Solo", not "Last Jedi". Because "Solo" was the massive failure, the first SW movie to lose money, and that actually hurt the franchise outside of the Episode movies. Which is why those projects will probably turn up on the Disney Plus.

And just to be clear, I didn't like TLJ, I actually liked "Solo", I'm not that massive of a Star Wars fan (more casual, actually), and I'm very critical of Disney's market power, so this is not me defending SW or Disney, this is me giving you a reality check. I don't watch that Overlord DVD channel, actually never heard of it, but if it's telling you the stuff you repeat here, it clearly is a bullshit channel. Of which there are a lot (looking at you, Midnight's Edge and Looper).

Extraordinary Member

Krypton really should be renewed for a third season and made exclusive to DCUNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Krypton really should be renewed for a third season and made exclusive to DCUNIVERSE
    It'll be interesting to see what future DC shows get revived or find new life on DC Universe or HBOMax.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    First off, whether something is a critical failure is a matter of opinion, not of fact. Second, the number of views of a streaming service's programming is near impossible for impartial outsiders to gather. Something to consider, though, is that CBS All Access not only renewed for another season, but they got the same guy who's in charge of that show to produce another Trek show. That doesn't exactly give the appearance of a commercial failure.)
    If you had watched the link I provided and the others on the channel it is explained very clearly that Kurtzman had to pull ever trick in the book to get that renewal and that other show made. Specifically Kurtzman had a clause in his contract that allowed him to get funding as long as he had at least "some" footage shot and he had to scramble to get something shot. Also Star Dreck needed tons of reshoots that put it way over budget (Overlord DVD has a source at CBS that confirmed this) and that so-called other season will be nothing more than a series of shorts. More importantly the evidence that Star Dreck is a flop can be found in the amount of Google searches being made for it. The proof is here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IfTFciOsCA

While I'm not a fan of "The Last Jedi", it has not killed the franchise. Not even close. It made $ 1.3 million, not counting home video sales and TV licences.
    Well duh. People initially went to see it because they were excited at seeing Luke again. Once the truth of it became known they turned away in droves.

If Galaxy's Edge were a failure, Disney wouldn't plan another one at the Euro Disneyland in Paris.
    Actual photos from Galaxy's Edge show clearly that it's practically a ghost town so yes, it is a failure. Disney are planning another one because they have an agenda and they're pushing it even if it costs them money. Plus they also think if they keep up the illusion of success we'll eventually give in to them. Disney is floundering but refuses to admit it.

There definitely is hype for the new movie, including fan theories, excessive coverage when the first trailer dropped, etc.
    I haven't seen any.

There's also massive hype for the "The Mandalorian" TV show,
    Never heard of that.

and just the possibility of a Kenobi TV show got a lot of buzz last week.
    So much for "let the past die. Kill it if you have to." That just shows how desperate Disney is and how little faith they have in their ability to create anything new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6NYDVIQPEE

Now, it is true that Disney has cancelled further theatrical Star Wars releases for a few years, but that is due to the failure of "Solo", not "Last Jedi". Because "Solo" was the massive failure, the first SW movie to lose money, and that actually hurt the franchise outside of the Episode movies.
    "Solo" bombed specifically because "Last Jedi" was so atrocious, and people were so angered and hurt by it that they stayed away from "Solo" to teach Disney a lesson. "After what you did to our beloved heroes in the last movie we will not support you."

I don't watch that Overlord DVD channel, actually never heard of it, but if it's telling you the stuff you repeat here, it clearly is a bullshit channel. Of which there are a lot (looking at you, Midnight's Edge and Looper).
    Actually it's an amazing channel, incredibly funny AND informative. Don't take my word for it, watch it yourself and you will see why. If nothing else at least check out the STD episode reviews. Even if you dislike everything else, those reviews demonstrate perfectly why that show is garbage.

If you had watched the link I provided and the others on the channel it is explained very clearly that Kurtzman had to pull ever trick in the book to get that renewal and that other show made. Specifically Kurtzman had a clause in his contract that allowed him to get funding as long as he had at least "some" footage shot and he had to scramble to get something shot. Also Star Dreck needed tons of reshoots that put it way over budget (Overlord DVD has a source at CBS that confirmed this) and that so-called other season will be nothing more than a series of shorts.
    No. No. So much no. Seriously, how can you believe any of this? This is insane. No company would promise to fund something indefinitely as long as "some footag" is shot. If you are talking about the series of "Short Treks", they are a seperate entity, also produced by Kurtzman, which compliment the main show(s). It is "Discovery" which has been renewed for a third season now. Third. Not second, we already got the second. Third! Plus the Picard series, also produced by Kurtzman. They hired him to do another show. You don't do that with a producer that's losing you money. Try and think about this, please.

And, of course, Overlord DVD has a source at CBS. Absolutely. The guy that's wearing a mask has a source. Does this really have to be spelled out?!

More importantly the evidence that Star Dreck is a flop can be found in the amount of Google searches being made for it. The proof is here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IfTFciOsCA
    Seriously?! Google searches. That's your measure of success? Seriously? That's your proof? This is ridiculous. Success is measured by views and subscription numbers, in how much money it's making, data we don't have (and it's not CBS trying to hide the truth, here, as Netflix also only sparsely releases viewership numbers when it's convenient for their marketing). But, hey, you also called it a critical failure, and that's something that can be measured to some extent. Like a Rotten Tomatoes score of 82%. Critical failure looks different.

Well duh. People initially went to see it because they were excited at seeing Luke again. Once the truth of it became known they turned away in droves.
    While it's true that the fandom was divided over the movie, but you don't get to $ 1.3 billion with people just watching it once. That's $ 1.3 billion with only $ 42.5 million from the important China market, btw, as SW is not that popular in China. Looking at the domestic box office, it took a month before it dropped to less than $ 10 million per week, it took two months before the weekly box office dropped below $ 1 million. People went to see it, a couple of times, and people don't do that with movies they hate. A lot of fans hated it, a lot of casual fans didn't like it (me among them), but a lot of people liked and/or loved it. It's just that, with so many things, the haters are louder.

The reasons why Solo failed are several. Sure, quite a few might have turned away from it over their disappointment with TLJ, but it's even more important to note that it came out less than six months after the last SW movie, not allowing for a lot of anticipation to build, it had a very troubled production, with at least the firing of the initial directors being public knowledge, and the marketing wasn't very good, either. Not to mention that the final product was mediocre at best.

Actual photos from Galaxy's Edge show clearly that it's practically a ghost town so yes, it is a failure.
    When were these photos taken? On what day of the week, at what time of day? Was it raining? Because those are just some of the factors that can lead for a photo to give a false impression. If it's taken on a rainy Tuesday morning at 7.00 am, of course it's going to be deserted. Now, a quick image search from me showed these photos:

Doesn't look deserted to me. Now, I don't claim that these photos are proof that it's going splendid over there. I'm just saying, a couple of photos don't proof ****.

Disney are planning another one because they have an agenda and they're pushing it even if it costs them money.
    Yes, they have an agenda, it's making money, and pushing it even if it costs them money goes directly against the agenda. Any other supposed agenda comes after making money. Making money is the absolute top priority, and if it's not making money, then it's worth nothing to Disney. So, no, they won't lose money in order to push an agenda. Or have you heard them announce another "A Star Wars Story" theatrical feature after Solo?

Plus they also think if they keep up the illusion of success we'll eventually give in to them. Disney is floundering but refuses to admit it.
    Who's "we", what is "giving in to them", and why would it be worth for Disney to lose a shitload of money to build a theme park that nobody wants to see? Also, if Disney is floundering, they are doing a very good job of hiding it. From where I'm sitting, Disney is the biggest power in the movie business, with five of the top six box office successes of 2019 coming from Disney, and the last one, Spider-Man, was Disney-adjacent. They are so big, that it's got a lot of people, me included, worried. The idea that they are floundering is simply ridiculous.

I haven't seen any.
    Then come out of your bubble, will ya?!

Never heard of that.
    Seriously, get out of your bubble.

So much for "let the past die. Kill it if you have to." That just shows how desperate Disney is and how little faith they have in their ability to create anything new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6NYDVIQPEE
    Oh, for crying out loud, at least watch a different YouTube channel, once in a while. Getting all your news, even entertainment news, from only one source is not how you get informed, but disinformed. Seriously, even reliable news outlets get things wrong from time to time.

"Solo" bombed specifically because "Last Jedi" was so atrocious, and people were so angered and hurt by it that they stayed away from "Solo" to teach Disney a lesson. "After what you did to our beloved heroes in the last movie we will not support you."
    As somebody who's not seen Solo in theatres, no, that was not my reason. See above for further reasons for people not go see this movie.

Actually it's an amazing channel, incredibly funny AND informative. Don't take my word for it, watch it yourself and you will see why. If nothing else at least check out the STD episode reviews. Even if you dislike everything else, those reviews demonstrate perfectly why that show is garbage.
    I've watched some of it, and sorry, it's neither funny, nor informative. It's stupid, it's coming at things with the conclusion already set, it sets false standarts, it's confirmation bias. It is disinformation. And I urge you, try watching something else. Whether it's Screen Junkies, Collider, read Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, or any of the other dozens of serious entertainment news outlets. You can still watch your Overlord DVD channel, but check in with other perspectives, see if what they tell you is actually true. Keep a critical mind, question your own views, as well as what others are trying to tell you (and that goes for all of them, Overlord DVD, as well as the news outlets are suggested).

Break the bubble.

Hate to cut in...

But we may want to start another thread if we're going to go deeper into Star Trek Discovery vs. Solo and the merits (or de-merits) of relying solely on anything from YouTube as a reliable news source.

And in case it got buried under everything else...
    Doom Patrol officially got renewed for a second season.

And in case it got buried under everything else...
    Doom Patrol officially got renewed for a second season.
    As was Young Justice for a fourth season .

Seems like Swamp Thing is kind of an outlier at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Seems like Swamp Thing is kind of an outlier at this point...
    Great news about Young Justice. I hadn't heard that, yet.

Extraordinary Member

Any dc film before 2009 should be up here

Ultimate Member

That’s one of those fake you tubers with the text-to-speech voice.
    I try not to click on those to avoid my feed from cluttering up with fake propaganda videos.
    It also has ‘Discovery is a Failure!’ plastered on the video’s thumbnail. Another dead giveaway.
    I recently saw another proclaiming that Last Jedi was ‘a Failure!’
    Lets see Star Trek-13 films, 7 shows, 1000+ comics books, numerous toy lines and a LOT of the stuff we use today was inspired from Star Trek. Not to mention all the careers that started or were SAVED by it. Like the ENTIRE Next Generation cast. Showed a single black father raise a son and control a space station. Were putting out strong women when it was still taboo to do so.

Versus Swamp Thing-2 movies, 3 shows, a few toys and a few comic book series. Aside from Ronreaco Lee (Survivor Remorse) whose career got started from those show or movies.

Yeah I would say Trek has the recognition more than Swamp Thing.

Star Trek is like Batman-no matter what it is-it is assured shelf space EVERYWHERE and sales no matter the price tag. Right now Swamp Thing can't but it could if given a shot.

As for Star Wars-see Star Trek. Who can give UNKNOWN folks comic books that sell better some Dc books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't seen that, can you post the link; and what's the title of the fourth season?

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I haven't seen that, can you post the link; and what's the title of the fourth season?
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/21/young-justice-season-4/