Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

DC Universe is planning a "Community Week" on the streaming service starting October 23rd and running to October 30th.

Announced in a press event Thursday evening at New York Comic Con, DC Universe's "Community Week" will various specials bringing the worlds of the DCU to people with content similiar to a comic convention.

"Community Week" will kick off October 23 with a live Q&A with Titans actor Anna Diop, who plays Starfire.
    DC Universe is also inviting fans to create their own TV show for DC Universe.

DC is partnering with Ideas United for a fan competition called DCYou Unscripted where fans compete for the chance at developing their own TV series for the DC Universe streaming service.

"Since the launch of this service just over a year ago, we’ve established a community that has far exceeded our ambitions. We’ve hosted unforgettable member events - creating places and spaces where fans could have a voice. We’re working to take it to a whole new level in our second year by giving our fans an opportunity to submit their own concepts for an unscripted show that will potentially become a series on DC Universe next year,” said DC Universe Senior Vice President and General Manager, Sam Ades in a statement.

Announced during a press event Thursday at New York Comic Con, DCYou Unscripted is intended to "help find and nurture new content" according to DC CCO Jim Lee.

DCYou Unscripted will be open for submissions now through November 18 for members of the Ideas United network who are U.S. Residents and over 18. The network is open to sign-ups now.

"Any creator is welcomed to easily and quickly apply to join the iU network. During the submission process, talent and fan enthusiasts alike will be able to submit their unscripted/reality video series ideas ranging from game shows to game play to hot food and hot takes," reads DC's press release. "

DC will soon reveal a process for fans to submit projects for contention in DC You Unscripted, with a submissions deadline of November 18.

According to Lee, 10 entrants will come to Hollywood to refine their pitches over the course of the day with industry professions. Then they will be judged by a panel of DC executives (including Jim Lee) and unnamed "entertainment luminaries."

"Three finalists will move on to have unscripted pilots produced by Ideas United, with one final entrant receiving a series order which will launch exclusively on DC Universe," explains DC in a press release.

Lee said they hope for the winning series to premiere by fall 2020.
    DC Universe is also developing a mixed-media anthology series titled "BizarroTV."

According to the official announcement this new show demonstrates "the Television Group’s commitment to create original and compelling programs for the digital marketplace. Blue Ribbon taps into the Studio’s established creative team, while also identifying new and innovative talent to deliver cutting-edge series in the short form format. A showcase of experimental styles and creative voices and visions that will be a mix of live action and animation; deep cuts from the DC portfolio of characters such as Space Cabbie, Ambush Bug, Slam Bradley and the Creeper!"

Unfortunately, for me "unscripted" = "no budget and lack of creativity".
    I'm not big on reality shows and think they're evil.

If I did an unscripted show, it would have to be a show with actors. Maybe an improv comedy with no script.
    Not as cheap as a reality show, but at least there would be no script writers. So still cheaper than a scripted show.

The actors probably couldn't be trusted to stay faithful to the characters without a script, though. So the cast would all play amateur heroes just starting out. Maybe the Inferior Five.
    Put the actors in their costumes with a paragraph bio of their characters and let them go.
    Just gotta be careful when they reference other heroes in the DCUniverse and remind them that the Avengers, Spider-Man and X-Men are Marvel.

BizarroTV sounds good, though.
    I'm getting a Liquid Television vibe from the description.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Looking forward to Slam Bradley in some hard boiled action mysteries.

Slam by the great Alan Davis, DETECTIVE COMICS #572.

Slam572.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Unfortunately, for me "unscripted" = "no budget and lack of creativity".
    I'm not big on reality shows and think they're evil.
    Sounds like they're soliciting YouTube people to create content for them since they don't know how to reach that crowd themselves. (but then they're going to feel a need to inject their corporate thumbs into the process, thus ruining the spontaneity they're hoping to manufacture - I mean, create) But that's just what it sounds like to me...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-04-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Looking forward to Slam Bradley in some hard boiled action mysteries.

Slam by the great Alan Davis, DETECTIVE COMICS #572.

Slam572.jpg
    I wonder if Batman or Catwoman might show up...