Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    The H&D actors contracts have spinoff provisions in them. Doesn't guarantee it will happen, but it's certainly something they've considered.
    Are the characters TV show worthy? I only ask because I Know nothing about them.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hawk and Dove headlines a pretty good series in the late 80s/early 90s. If you can headline a series for >40 issues, it's certainly possible to build a series around, IMO.

Fantastic Member

This streaming service has so much potential for greatness. Concepts that would be too obscure for network (or even cable) TV could potentially show up on the DC service. DC fans know about the obscure heroes and villains that fill the universe. Even a short 3 episode mini series of the Creeper or Angel and the Ape could be well received on the streaming service. I am looking forward to this greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    https://www.dccomics.com/dcuniverse

So DC finally announcing something about this but really US only? I mean I live in the US but this is just screaming pirating. Anyway just waiting for prices and trailers now...
    There is likely a number of logistical and legal reasons for this. Some of these programs might be carried on other services internationally, as Netflix, and other channels are programmed differently internationally. Plus if you're really desperate for this service and live outside the U.S. just use a VPN.

Piracy is always a constant it just depends on if the individual wants to go search for it. There will always ALWAYS be illegitimate means to view or acquire content no matter how accessible it is.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

When it comes to DC's live action projects in the hands of WB alone, I am highly sceptical. I wish all these projects were animated. I am only hyped for the new animated shows on this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Given they were open to a Hawk and Dove spinoff, and made such a big deal about the casting announcement for each member of the Doom Patrol, this doesn't surprise me.

Be interesting to see what take they lean into with this show, whether it's classic, Morrison, Way, etc.

Although is Cyborg supposed to be a stand-in for Robotman, since he's the only member they don't mention here? Not real crazy about that .

I do find it kind of hilarious that they'd rather put Cyborg on a Titans spinoff then on the actual Titans show.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given they were open to a Hawk and Dove spinoff, and made such a big deal about the casting announcement for each member of the Doom Patrol, this doesn't surprise me.

Be interesting to see what take they lean into with this show, whether it's classic, Morrison, Way, etc.

Although is Cyborg supposed to be a stand-in for Robotman, since he's the only member they don't mention here? Not real crazy about that .

I do find it kind of hilarious that they'd rather put Cyborg on a Titans spinoff then on the actual Titans show.
    I wonder if they haven't found a good angle for a hawk and dove show or if the actors just aren't good enough to carry a show on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if they haven't found a good angle for a hawk and dove show or if the actors just aren't good enough to carry a show on their own.
    I mean, they cast them with the possibility of a spinoff, so they might be waiting for a good idea or their reception on the show.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    When it comes to DC's live action projects in the hands of WB alone, I am highly sceptical. I wish all these projects were animated. I am only hyped for the new animated shows on this service.
    I wanted them to be animated too. Hopefully these shows don't feel like the other network shows.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I mean, they cast them with the possibility of a spinoff, so they might be waiting for a good idea or their reception on the show.
    That's true, but they ordered a 13 episode series on the spot for doom patrol already.

More DC Universe details: https://screenrant.com/dc-universe-d...mpression=true
    Eyeing late August launch
    Will include everything DC such as comics, T.V shows (old and new), and movies

More DC Universe details: https://screenrant.com/dc-universe-d...mpression=true
    Eyeing late August launch
    Will include everything DC such as comics, T.V shows (old and new), and movies
    This is what I was waiting to hear.

There was no way this service would've been able to get off the ground with just the original programming, so mining DC's catalogue of content was really the only way this was going to work.

August is a little sooner then I was expecting. I think Greg Weisman said they probably wouldn't be finished with Outsiders until November at the latest.

This is what I was waiting to hear.

There was no way this service would've been able to get off the ground with just the original programming, so mining DC's catalogue of content was really the only way this was going to work.

August is a little sooner then I was expecting. I think Greg Weisman said they probably wouldn't be finished with Outsiders until November at the latest.
    I think this service should launch when the new shows are finished and ready to go. Why launch without an anticipated show?

Incredible Member

Wonder if they’ll have their older live action DC shows, the flash, Lois and Clark, smallvillle, etc. as well as live action movies. Also very curious about price point, if it’ll be all in one for comics, tv shows, movies or tiers.

I think this service should launch when the new shows are finished and ready to go. Why launch without an anticipated show?
    Maybe they will release the episodes in batches?