Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe they will release the episodes in batches?
    I don't think that's a smart idea.

I think people would be more receptive to having more content to binge-watch, especially something like Young Justice after such a long wait, then to have to wait for the rest of the season to finish so DC can release it.

But that's just my take.

BANNED

If they drop it all at once,ppl will binge it all,then unsubscribe,and that isn't best for business.

I don't like the slow drip over a season either, I want the whole YJ season in 1 binge sitting,but if we want this service to stay around we have to pay as we go

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's a smart idea.

I think people would be more receptive to having more content to binge-watch, especially something like Young Justice after such a long wait, then to have to wait for the rest of the season to finish so DC can release it.

But that's just my take.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    If they drop it all at once,ppl will binge it all,then unsubscribe,and that isn't best for business.

I don't like the slow drip over a season either, I want the whole YJ season in 1 binge sitting,but if we want this service to stay around we have to pay as we go
    It depends on how many episodes will be released at a time and in what regularity of course.

For example, releasing a single YJ episode over a period of two weeks would probably be disastrous. But... releasing something like 7-8 episodes at once, with the next batch appearing after 2 months doesn't seem too bad.

There will be a big DC Universe announcement tomorrow.

Pay close attention to the stuff shown in the background...

Young Justice, DCAU, and DC Animated Films sold already can't wait to see what else.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I see comics and I saw Mask of the Phantasm, so we might get all content from DC exactly what that person said couple weeks back. Hopefully its not selected comics like only popular stories and modern stories. They should have every comic even the old ones that people can't get their hands on. What they should also do is have a recommend list for the show you're watching.

As for how episodes are released we'll see tomorrow probably. The thing is I personally think releasing all episodes like Netflix doesn't generate hype as weekly shows or keeps discussions going.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    https://www.dccomics.com/dcuniverse

So DC finally announcing something about this but really US only? I mean I live in the US but this is just screaming pirating. Anyway just waiting for prices and trailers now...
    Yeah, film/ TV copyright holders STILL don't know how to effectively prevent pirating. To effectively prevent rampant pirating of one's product, one has to make said product more widely available for legitimate purchase. The copyright holders must increase the availability and ease of access to their products to meet the demands of their consumers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

And this is why I think they should have had a bunch of NEW content available for launch. Old DC programming, YJ S3, Titans and a Harley Quinn cartoon just isn't enough.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I suspect streaming services get a disproportionately huge portion of their revenue from the US vs. the percentage they get internationally, which is why they can afford to be lax when it comes to pirating overseas.

I suspect streaming services get a disproportionately huge portion of their revenue from the US vs. the percentage they get internationally, which is why they can afford to be lax when it comes to pirating overseas.
    Depends if the service is being offered in international markets or are they leasing their original content through a third party for the international markets. CBS All Access was banking on Star Trek Discovery to bring in U.S. subscribers and it did bring some in while leasing the show to Netflix for the International markets and it's been reported Netflix basically paid for Star Trek Discovery's first season with those leasing fees so every U.S. subscriber Discovery brought in was pure profit for them.

So hypothetically if WB offered DC Universe to all Markets they could make less in international subscribers compared to U.S. but if they offered DC Universe in North America and then lease it's content to Netflix or Amazon for International markets they could possibly be in the black before even day one of streaming.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they will release the episodes in batches?
    a good idea,
    if they give it out all at once some ass hat will rip it and make the choice between subscribing and pirating easy
    I want them to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So hypothetically if WB offered DC Universe to all Markets they could make less in international subscribers compared to U.S. but if they offered DC Universe in North America and then lease it's content to Netflix or Amazon for International markets they could possibly be in the black before even day one of streaming.
    Some countries have their own streaming services I believe. Last year, a couple of employees working for an Indian streaming service got into trouble when they leaked a Season 7 episode of Game of Thrones ahead of the air date. HBO apparently leased GOT to that service to showcase the episodes in India at the same time as they were aired on HBO in the US.

So it looks like WB/DC has quite a few options when it comes to leasing content internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I see comics and I saw Mask of the Phantasm, so we might get all content from DC exactly what that person said couple weeks back. Hopefully its not selected comics like only popular stories and modern stories. They should have every comic even the old ones that people can't get their hands on. What they should also do is have a recommend list for the show you're watching.

As for how episodes are released we'll see tomorrow probably. The thing is I personally think releasing all episodes like Netflix doesn't generate hype as weekly shows or keeps discussions going.
    It definitely should be DC's version of Marvel Unlimited. And Marvel need to bring back their streaming shows too (old material, new stuff would remain exclusive to Netflix/Hulu/ABC), their website used to have a bunch of old cartoons and the 70s Japanese Spider-Man tokusatsu series. Both services should be a catch all offering. Not just shows at DC and comics at Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Link to extended trailer:
    Last edited by reni344; 06-28-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    Link to extended trailer:
    Sold and Props for using Lex and Otis at the end.