Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Comics will rotate out instead of just being added to like Marvel. Poor move.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ugh, say it ain't so?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Yes apparently comics are very DC Limited instead of Marvel Unlimited. Also probably no Vertigo.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    Link to extended trailer:
    So yeah everything DC all in one which is good.

I love the community section where you can start threads and what not.

As expected no footage of the other shows. Comic Con is right around the corner.

I didn't see anything with old cartoons though.

That's effing stupid. I swear DC be having the stupidest management decisions.

From the announcement:

Comics can also be downloaded for reading offline on a smartphone or tablet.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So no Arrowverse shows then?

Seems like the comics will be selected and rotated. Dumb idea imo. Why limit people for something they're paying?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Seems like the comics will be selected and rotated. Dumb idea imo. Why limit people for something they're paying?
    Agreed, the only reason why DC would do that is to either save space or else use it as a promotional tool for when specific movies or shows are out, neither of which especially helps the DC Reader if they’re after specifics. Though the idea of reading comics on your big screen is interesting...

Why won't they just do Marvel Unlimited style?

I mean, seirously wth?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think the biggest issue right out besides the lack of Arrowverse content (which to be fair I gather is due to a deal with Netflix US), not being available at launch outside the USA and the dumb rotation of comics idea is the fact we still don’t have a monthly pricing for the service. Hopefully we’ll get an idea soon about that...

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't really see a problem with that and this really isn't the exact same thing as Marvel unlimited is anyway. That service only offers comics and this is much more than just that and frankly I much rather pay for all we'll be getting with this then to pay for access to ONLY comics. I image that having all these shows and movies available has to take a lot of storage space so that's likely why the comics are rotating. If I had to guess I'd say the shows probably will also rotate just as they do on Netflix.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Thats a terrible idea, why even add comics in the first place if that was your plan?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think the biggest issue right out besides the lack of Arrowverse content (which to be fair I gather is due to a deal with Netflix US), not being available at launch outside the USA and the dumb rotation of comics idea is the fact we still don’t have a monthly pricing for the service. Hopefully we’ll get an idea soon about that...
    Expect a steep price point for all that content. I mean even Amazon prime is closing in on $20 a month and that's a huge juggernaut. This is just a small streaming service for DC content