Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Sucks in a lotta ways if DC Universe is scuttled. I enjoy the app for the comics. i have read a ton of stuff I missed out on over the years or otherwise don't have access to due to not collecting comics like I did when I was a kid given the fact I have kids. As well as the animated shows and such. Ah well, gotta just watch n read all of it while I still can
    It isn't. The other shows are continuing. DC Universe is continuing.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    It isn't. The other shows are continuing. DC Universe is continuing.
    Titans has a second season filming, which started before the new regime took over I believe. Doom Patrol has not been given a 2nd season green light and its been said the new hire ups are evaluating the streaming service.

So is it being scuttled for sure? Not at this time, but it's not like it can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Titans has a second season filming, which started before the new regime took over I believe. Doom Patrol has not been given a 2nd season green light and its been said the new hire ups are evaluating the streaming service.

So is it being scuttled for sure? Not at this time, but it's not like it can't happen.
    Doom Patrol season 2 has been reported by both digispy and we got this covered as confirmed for feb 2020. While Screenrant beleive an official anouncement is being held back while decisions are made on the DC service and if it will be rolled into Warner (do to it high positive feedback and reviews being a potential good push for the new).

I think its a safe bet its coming, just a question of when and which service.

Warner brothers is making they're own streaming service. So I dont see DC universe sticking around. If it was a huge hit with Millions of subscribers maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Luke Cage is my second favorite Netflix series. I loved his show. It didn't drag for me. Jessica Jones had a great first season.
    I disagree on JJ besides killgrave it really didn't have a lot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Warner brothers is making they're own streaming service. So I dont see DC universe sticking around. If it was a huge hit with Millions of subscribers maybe.
    I can kind of see what they can do with DC Universe that they can't do on the WarnerMedia service.

Like, Titans, Doom Patrol, and Young Justice as it is now don't seem like they'd fit the "family friendly" content they're supposedly aiming for, and that goes double for some of the animated movies.

On-top of that DC Universe also has a bunch of comics that I don't see being on a WarnerMedia streaming service.

How flippin good was episode 2?????

I see why the budget was so high now.

Spoiler

No way would this work with just a costume or make up and not CGI. Otherwise him ripping out chunks of his arm and head and just reforming and stab wounds just sealing up before our eyes wouldnt work.

The VFX are righteous. So is the cinematography.

Report: Swamp Thing Could Have Run for 3 Seasons and Led to a Justice League: Dark Spinoff

In a new report from Business Insider, several sources who claim to have been close to Swamp Thing’s production describe an overall sense of hopefulness on the set that led many to believe it was destined for success. One Swamp Thing producer described the cancellation as a shock that came entirely out of left field, and said that part of the reason it threw everyone for such a loop was that the show was very much still in production when the word came down.

The producer claims that Swamp Thing’s sets were still standing when the show was officially axed, and you may remember earlier reports that the first (and now only) season was shortened from 13 to 10 episodes during production. Executive producer James Wan did share a few thoughts on Instagram which echoed the surprise aspect of the news.
    But what’s really interesting are Business Insider’s reported details of what might have been:

One source close to the production told Business Insider that the show had a possible three-season arc, and the feeling on set was that it could have gone past that if it was a hit, with characters spinning off into their own shows. The source used the specific example of a potential Justice League Dark team-up series.

The unnamed producer also added that while the public might be in the dark about whatever discussions were had about Swamp Thing’s budget, WB was perfectly clear on how much the show was going to cost and how much North Carolina was going to commit in the form of tax rebates.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-swamp...-le-1835409277

Obvious enough that some execs thought they were getting something worthy of Svengoolie and not a bona fide horror show.

Fools.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The sad thing is the DC app will most definitely be folded into the WB service which is being reported as costing nearly $20 a month. As simply a streaming service that will fail, Netflix, Disney+ and hulu are all cheaper...and amazing shows like this will fold with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The sad thing is the DC app will most definitely be folded into the WB service which is being reported as costing nearly $20 a month. As simply a streaming service that will fail, Netflix, Disney+ and hulu are all cheaper...and amazing shows like this will fold with it.
    Everyone who screamed for more Batman Returns and Superman Returns...they listened and that's what you're going to get. Don't blame me.

Extraordinary Member

(Waited years for a Swamp Thing movie or show)

(Arrives, goes to buy access / cancelled)

- sad face -

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The last story I saw said their plan was for around $17 same as Disney's proposed price.

Given the content a WB service would have access to considering the TV shows and movies produced by Warner studios plus their owning DC, Looney Toons, Hanna Barbera, HBO, Turner, Cartoon Network etc they would have access to a lot more demanded content than most. Lets not forget that they also own the bleacher report that would also give them access to a lot of sport that no other of the streaming services you mentioned do and CNN for news.

Double post