Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Wow!
    The quality of the DC shows continues to surprise me. First Titans with its violent "teen" angst, then the great crazy Doom Patrol and now Swamp Thing surrounded by mystery and horror.
    Great to have Madame Xanadu on the show! Hope we'll see Constantine one day.
    What they've failed in movies, DC have nailed it on their shows.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Not sold on Reed as Abby Arcane. I was iffy on her casting in the role and nothing in the first episode has really changed my mind.

Swamp Thing looks the most cinematic of the three DC streaming shows so far. You can certainly tell that people with movie making backgrounds are behind this.

Looks like they ditched Linda Holland from this version of Swamp Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    besides anton arcane, who are the villains? Will there be a different monster each week?
    I don't think this is a monster of the week type show. The two villains confirmed for season one so far are human foes Nathan Ellery and Averly Sunderland.

Jason Woodrue aka The Floronic Man/Seeder is another foe they could adapt.

I think they are probably saving the whole Arcane family for future seasons.

Getting into the whole mythology and backstory of Anton Arcane, the Rot, Patchwork man, William Arcane and Un-men is something you probably want to hold off doing until after you have established the swamp thing mythology first.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Jason Woodrue aka The Floronic Man/Seeder is another foe they could adapt.
    Well he is coming to town in the next ep....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked her in Gotham, so it'll be interesting to see her playing the kind of character Sofia pretended to be.

I hope she dyes her hair white .
    Maybe her hair turns white as a result of the constant horror she faces in the course of the series.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if DC Universe has the subscription base to cover the costs for these shows. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move away from original content and ship their more successful stuff, like Doom Patrol, off to another network.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wonder if DC Universe has the subscription base to cover the costs for these shows. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move away from original content and ship their more successful stuff, like Doom Patrol, off to another network.
    That's the benefit of selling International distribution to Netflix like they did Titans that revenue helps fund the show.

Have they really cancelled it? Or have they just not decided whether or not to renew it yet? I mean, only two episodes have been released so far. They might be just waiting for a positive response to build before they make a decision one way or the other.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This twitter thread breaks down the reason behind the cancellation.
    https://twitter.com/gholson/status/1136654411399389186

DC got screwed by the state of North Carolina. The state was suppose to give them a $40 million rebate but due to a paperwork error never got it. That money is half the cost of season 1. By the time NC fixed the problem DC shut down production and didn't have the money to keep the show going. It seems that NC only committed to $13M

Dang it. Now that's a bloody shame.

I liked the first episode though, damn..:/

here comes the gofundme...

This twitter thread breaks down the reason behind the cancellation.
    https://twitter.com/gholson/status/1136654411399389186

DC got screwed by the state of North Carolina. The state was suppose to give them a $40 million rebate but due to a paperwork error never got it. That money is half the cost of season 1. By the time NC fixed the problem DC shut down production and didn't have the money to keep the show going. It seems that NC only committed to $13M
    Swamp Thing has an 80 Million dollar budget? That's close to Game of Thrones budget. What the heck were they spending the money on? It looks like a slightly more expensive CW show.

LMFAO. Even Luke Cage got two seasons.

Fantastic Member

This is a damn shame. After just one episode, Swamp Thing is already hands down the best thing ever produced for DC Universe. I'm not convinced the tax credit is the only nail in the coffin. If the higher-ups at WB liked it, they would find a way to make it happen.