Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

It sounds like Abby Arcane might actually be the focus/POV character here, judging by that description.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Yes! After seeing Shape of Water I though "a Swamp Thing adaptation should be kinda like that."
    well nowadays we accept human x xeno, human x furry, xeno x xeno, xeno x furry, xeno x mutant and mutant x human love in mainstream media nowadays besides Shape like Regular Show, Bojack Horseman, Star Wars, Doctor Who and more.

Ultimate Member

I mean the Swamp Thing/Abby Arcane romance has been around for decades. So it'd be a shame to not delve into it here.

Incredible Member

I’d like to see what villains are gonna show up

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I’d like to see what villains are gonna show up
    Abby's family? Floronic Man?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I would like to see Patchwork Man and General Sunderland.
    Could they possibly get Matt Ryan to reprise his role as Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    well nowadays we accept human x xeno, human x furry, xeno x xeno, xeno x furry, xeno x mutant and mutant x human love in mainstream media nowadays besides Shape like Regular Show, Bojack Horseman, Star Wars, Doctor Who and more.
    Chinese/Asian cinema and TV was way ahead of you folks in the West, for over 40-50 years. I grew up on multiple adaptations of Madam White Snake alone (female snake banging a dude), the Chinese Ghost Story series (ghost lady and dude), and assorted other mythological figures in live-action like the personification of different types of winds making out, an androgynous tree demon played by a crossdressing man with a high-pitched voice, a giant mountain ghost trying to bang a girl ghost, and oh, so much more.

Back on-topic, I'm going to hope they really 'go for it' with Swamp Thing, but I'm going to reserve some doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'd rather see a man thing series. Man thing creates portals and burns people who fear him. Stick him with the thunderbolts like the short-lived Luke cage series.
    I would LOVE to see a Man-Thing series, with Howard the Duck, Korrek, Jennifer Kale, Dakimh, Wundarr and all the rest of the Gerber-penned craziness.

That said, the new Swamp Thing series could be great, too! The '80s movies were decent for B-movie fare. Really, they're kind of camp classics. They didn't have the poetry of the Alan Moore or Rick Veitch Swamp Thing, but the movies did capture some of the spirit of the Wein-Wrightson stories, which are just as good as Moore's and Veitch's Swamp Thing. It was just different, based around classic movie monster motifs. I'm looking forward to this new TV series!

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I would like to see Patchwork Man and General Sunderland.
    Could they possibly get Matt Ryan to reprise his role as Constantine.
    I didn't even think of that, but it would be really cool to see Matt Ryan's Constantine pop up in this .

Mighty Member

Crystal Reed To Star As Abby Arcane

Gotham’s Crystal Reed is returning to the DC TV universe as the female lead in Swamp Thing, the upcoming streaming drama series based on the DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. The project, which hails from James Wan’s Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television, is set to premiere in 2019 on the DC Universe digital subscription service.

Written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman, Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane (Reed) as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.

Wan, Verheiden, Dauberman, Michael Clear and Wiseman are executive producers alongside Len Wiseman who is set to direct.

Smart and caring, CDC Doctor Abby Arcane’s (Reed) strong sense of empathy puts her at the center of a horrific life-threatening epidemic in her hometown, where she faces emotional demons from her past… while a chance meeting with scientist Alec Holland takes her into a world of horror and the supernatural, and of the elemental creature known as Swamp Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I liked her in Gotham, so it'll be interesting to see her playing the kind of character Sofia pretended to be.

I hope she dyes her hair white .

This is one DC show that looks interesting
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Chinese/Asian cinema and TV was way ahead of you folks in the West, for over 40-50 years. I grew up on multiple adaptations of Madam White Snake alone (female snake banging a dude), the Chinese Ghost Story series (ghost lady and dude), and assorted other mythological figures in live-action like the personification of different types of winds making out, an androgynous tree demon played by a crossdressing man with a high-pitched voice, a giant mountain ghost trying to bang a girl ghost, and oh, so much more.

Back on-topic, I'm going to hope they really 'go for it' with Swamp Thing, but I'm going to reserve some doubt about it.
    We just had Shape of Water release to universal acclaim. Not Beauty and the Beast some nearly thirty years ago.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-06-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I love me some Swampy.

That being said, I see this show going the way Constantine did because they won't go all-in and make it dark or commit to the crazy ****.

But here's hoping I am wrong!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium