Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anyone think the monster from Abby's fear is Anton?

Hmm... could be.

BANNED

I love this series.
    I just wish Alec gets more screentime in the upcoming episodes.

Well, said that, I hate the way in which they changed his origins.

Love the show but my one complaint is they didn't do enough to develop a relationship friendship or otherwise between Alec and Abby for this scenes now post transformation to have real meaning and to make more sense. The scenes between them imply more of a "relationship" I don't mean romantic either just platonic but if Alec had been her partner at the CDC who she came to town with and got transformed these scenes would make more sense to me I don't think the foundation is there for how the scenes are written.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Love the show but my one complaint is they didn't do enough to develop a relationship friendship or otherwise between Alec and Abby for this scenes now post transformation to have real meaning and to make more sense. The scenes between them imply more of a "relationship" I don't mean romantic either just platonic but if Alec had been her partner at the CDC who she came to town with and got transformed these scenes would make more sense to me I don't think the foundation is there for how the scenes are written.
    First time I agree with you!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If the show still had 13 episodes this likely wouldn't have been a problem.

Fantastic Member

Really enjoying the new Swamp Thing TV series; it's one of my favorite new shows currently on (and I watch a lot of current TV). Very creepy & atmospheric, with a definite horror element re: the late-night scenes, the "ghost"?! of the dead young woman that is haunting both Abby Arcane & the girl's mother; the "living" plants that are taking over the swamp; the monstrous appearance of the Swamp Thing; etc. Going along with this, I feel the visual appearance of the Swamp Thing in this series is the most effective & interesting live-action version of the character.

Great cast here, with a lot of familiar faces - though some I haven't seen in years: Virginia Madsen (Candyman I; Sideways); Jennifer Beals (Flashdance); Will Patton (numerous films over the years, and you always know he's going to be playing a bad guy); etc.

SPOILERS below - don't read beyond this if you haven't seen all of the episodes (so far):

It was interesting that Arcane blames herself for her friend's death years before, when she didn't actually cause the death; based on the flashback, she jokingly pushed her friend into the river when they were teens - and then when she was afraid that the girl had drowned, jumped in after her - and the girl was actually fine. However, something pulled the girl in soon after - but Abby had nothing to do with that. It seems like she was blaming herself needlessly for the death all these years - strange. I hope this sub-plot gets explained/resolved in a future episode, but with the show getting canned - probably not.

Going along with this, too bad that the show is getting cancelled. It's excellent, and far better than much of the crap that's on the air these days.

Note that given ST is not a first-tier DC character (like Superman, Batman, Wonder-Woman, The Flash, etc.) it's interesting that he's spawned numerous live action movies/TV shows (both live-action & animated) over the years. Obviously, the popularity of the character has gone far beyond the various comicbook series:

-Two ST feature films (1982 & 1989); the first was solid; haven't seen the second.

-In the '90's, there was a ST live-action TV series (on an independent channel, I think) which I didn't think was that great. I saw a handful of episodes years ago, and it was not a "continuing" program per se; they tried to have stand-alone episodes each week, which I don't think worked too well for a show like this. Plus, it had a cheap budget - which definitely showed.

-There was also an animated series in the '90's; never saw this, but thought it looked mildly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Really enjoying the new Swamp Thing TV series; it's one of my favorite new shows currently on (and I watch a lot of current TV). Very creepy & atmospheric, with a definite horror element re: the late-night scenes, the "ghost"?! of the dead young woman that is haunting both Abby Arcane & the girl's mother; the "living" plants that are taking over the swamp; the monstrous appearance of the Swamp Thing; etc. Going along with this, I feel the visual appearance of the Swamp Thing in this series is the most effective & interesting live-action version of the character.

Great cast here, with a lot of familiar faces - though some I haven't seen in years: Virginia Madsen (Candyman I; Sideways); Jennifer Beals (Flashdance); Will Patton (numerous films over the years, and you always know he's going to be playing a bad guy); etc.

SPOILERS below - don't read beyond this if you haven't seen all of the episodes (so far):

It was interesting that Arcane blames herself for her friend's death years before, when she didn't actually cause the death; based on the flashback, she jokingly pushed her friend into the river when they were teens - and then when she was afraid that the girl had drowned, jumped in after her - and the girl was actually fine. However, something pulled the girl in soon after - but Abby had nothing to do with that. It seems like she was blaming herself needlessly for the death all these years - strange. I hope this sub-plot gets explained/resolved in a future episode, but with the show getting canned - probably not.

Going along with this, too bad that the show is getting cancelled. It's excellent, and far better than much of the crap that's on the air these days.

Note that given ST is not a first-tier DC character (like Superman, Batman, Wonder-Woman, The Flash, etc.) it's interesting that he's spawned numerous live action movies/TV shows (both live-action & animated) over the years. Obviously, the popularity of the character has gone far beyond the various comicbook series:

-Two ST feature films (1982 & 1989); the first was solid; haven't seen the second.

-In the '90's, there was a ST live-action TV series (on an independent channel, I think) which I didn't think was that great. I saw a handful of episodes years ago, and it was not a "continuing" program per se; they tried to have stand-alone episodes each week, which I don't think worked too well for a show like this. Plus, it had a cheap budget - which definitely showed.

-There was also an animated series in the '90's; never saw this, but thought it looked mildly interesting.
    Sometimes guilt isn't a rational thing. I wouldn't say it wasn't all Abby's fault given she did push the girl into the water. Combine this with the girl's mother blaming her when she was a teenager and it isn't surprising she'd carry this into adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post

Sometimes guilt isn't a rational thing. I wouldn't say it wasn't all Abby's fault given she did push the girl into the water. Combine this with the girl's mother blaming her when she was a teenager and it isn't surprising she'd carry this into adulthood.

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Styles; 08-01-2019 at 05:21 PM.

I'm 3 episodes in and i'm not that crazy about it. Its somewhat slow and the Swamp Thing costume isnt that great. Hopefully it picks up.

Fantastic Member

Enjoyed EP10 of ST. Great "finale" to the series; I enjoyed the fight scenes in the beginning, when ST was battling the mercenaries. And, as a fan of the Blue Devil comics when I was a teen (back in the '80's), I would definitely have liked to have seen more of the character on this show.

In essence, this was an amazing series that got cut off way too soon. Incredible effects & story-line, with solid casting as well (for the most part).

I just got around watching the series, am at episode 8 right now. Really enjoying it so far.

With The CW buying the rights, do you think a revival might be possible?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just got around watching the series, am at episode 8 right now. Really enjoying it so far.

If the ratings are high enough, I would think it's possible.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

If they did, I would expect it to look vastly different, considering the time between then and now. The sets are likely broken up at the very least