Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Looks like the manthing movie...?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The first three episodes will debut on May 31. Though the season has been reduced from 13 episodes to 10 over creative differences. Warner media plans for it's own streaming service might have something to do with it
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...nclear-1202680
    WAIT we get three episodes tomorrow???

And I've had to wait a whole week for each episode of Doom Patrol??

Im both even more excited as will as peeved off that they couldnt have given us a couple of eps of DP at once.

All this on top of my 4 month wait for good omens finally almost over

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

one episode a week....just watched the first. I dig it. Very different tone than Doom Patrol. Which is nice. They should strive to have each show have it's own style and feel.

besides anton arcane, who are the villains? Will there be a different monster each week?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Very different tone than Doom Patrol.
    LOL It would almost have to be, right? I can't even imagine a Swamp Thing that was like Doom Patrol.

Captain Scurvylegs the Nutria with a Cajun pirate accent? A sentient bowl of gumbo?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed the pilot episode. I thought the acting was overall good and they created a dark, scary kind of horror vibe I thought. CGI in this dark setting should make things look better, they seem to have spent a decent amount on the sets and explosions here. If they keep this quality up it could be good imo. Things could change either way though depending on the acting as Swamp Thing. It could go very cheesy or it could be interesting....

Its worth watching the second episode for sure take it one at a time for me. I am not a massive Swamp Thing fan. I have read stuff with him in it but I am not up on the lore, history etc. Seeing Xanadu was cool.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I enjoyed the pilot episode. I thought the acting was overall good and they created a dark, scary kind of horror vibe I thought. CGI in this dark setting should make things look better, they seem to have spent a decent amount on the sets and explosions here. If they keep this quality up it could be good imo. Things could change either way though depending on the acting as Swamp Thing. It could go very cheesy or it could be interesting....

Its worth watching the second episode for sure take it one at a time for me. I am not a massive Swamp Thing fan. I have read stuff with him in it but I am not up on the lore, history etc. Seeing Xanadu was cool.
    I mostly agree with this HOWEVER there was one portion that completely ruined my suspension of disbelief. After the body comes back to life and attacks them at the hospital they just went to a bar after?!?!?!??!

That kind of scene absolutely requires for the characters to even remain in character to call the military, the FBI or at least report it. This completely killed the episode and was nonsense.

So, I went to check out Morre's Swamp Thing for the first time and within the first 2 pages they have already called in the military to attack Swamp Thing!!

I suspect the show will continue to look great with high budget but ultimately be silly like this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by movieclub View Post
    I mostly agree with this HOWEVER there was one portion that completely ruined my suspension of disbelief. After the body comes back to life and attacks them at the hospital they just went to a bar after?!?!?!??!

That kind of scene absolutely requires for the characters to even remain in character to call the military, the FBI or at least report it. This completely killed the episode and was nonsense.

So, I went to check out Morre's Swamp Thing for the first time and within the first 2 pages they have already called in the military to attack Swamp Thing!!

I suspect the show will continue to look great with high budget but ultimately be silly like this.
    They went to the bar to meet up with a reporter who can get them access to inside information. They probably don't want to call in the military until they know what they are dealing with.

Incredible Member

Overall, good first episode. I hope the quality continues.

I expected the series to be a bit trashy, but not this much. Principal actors are horrible (only the 'villains' showed some acting ability), the script is... utter nonsense. I hope the next episode will improve upon... well, everything, since the pilot was really nothing but a blind rush to set up the status quo.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    I expected the series to be a bit trashy, but not this much. Principal actors are horrible (only the 'villains' showed some acting ability), the script is... utter nonsense. I hope the next episode will improve upon... well, everything, since the pilot was really nothing but a blind rush to set up the status quo.
    Well I disagree with just about everything here.

I thought the pilot was great. Gave us a story nugget to chew on, the principal actors are good and have great chemistry and it was a necessary episode to get us invested in Alec prior to his transformation.

What'd you want them to go zero to swamp thing in three minutes? Or have swamp thing first and then rely on flashbacks to give us some Alec action? Then people would be complaining about the reliance of flashbacks just like every other super hero show. And heck, we will probably still get them.

The acting is fine. If anything, I found the villains way too bland, but that will hopefully change. The heroes are very charming and sympathetic. It was your basic Swamp Thing setup, with no new ground being broken. There really doesn't need to be.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They went to the bar to meet up with a reporter who can get them access to inside information. They probably don't want to call in the military until they know what they are dealing with.
    TBH, I'll be quite happy if we never see a military presense. There's really no need for it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Well i personally loved the pilot.
    The acting was fine and the characters easy to get into.
    Speaking personally if a corpse got up off the ER table and attacked me I'd want a stiff drink pretty fast too. I mean these characters arent the type to be so easily flapped. Arcane goes into desease infested areas and removes a biohazard suit to calm down a kid FFS. While Holland plays with his chemistry set and gets excited when plants start growing years worth in minutes.
    It wouldnt make sense to me for characters like this to get so easily disturbed as to call in military at a whim.

I can see why they've gone for only 10 episodes. Clealry a lot more CGI than Doom Patrol or titans.

I never expected it to have a similar feel to DP. That feel only works with the cast of outcasts and wierdos.

Still from strength to strength so far. Both DP and if it continues at the quality Swamp thing are better than Titans. God what I'm now expecting from Stargirl. What with her being a johns wet dream character and his being writer and producer plus the quality so far on the DCU shows.