Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JustinCase

Default Avengers new crew 2018 (Spoilers)

So I've just read the new Avengers. It was good. I liked it. But there's one thing, that has intrigued me.

So we have the first Avengers and their modern counterparts. Almost all of them are in both Avengers squads.

Odin/ Thor
    Black Panther/ T'Challa
    Iron Fist/ Iron Fist
    Agamotto/ Doctor Strange
    Star Brand / New Star Brand or She-Hulk(?)
    Ghost Rider / Ghost Rider
    Phoenix / ????

I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be a fight, where the counterparts of the old crew would meet again. I have some questions to you. What do you think?

1. Is there going to be a new Phoenix host? (Jean, Rachel, or maybe someone new)
    2. What about Star Brand?
    3. And wtf with all these Celestials. Do you think that Infinity Countdown #3 and "It's all just a simulation" thing has something to do with it?

Infinity is another thing entirely.

And I loved the art in this but the story didn't grabbed me at all.

Celestials at this point of the game isn't a big deal.

Haven't read it yet. Probably tradewait. but I have to say it really bugs me this insistance in retconing the original Avengers as not being the original Avengers (plus, this really reminds me of JLA The Obsidian Age). First Bendis came up with that ridiculous 1950's Avengers, that, thank God, hasn't been heard again ever since their mini-series. Now the pre-historic Avengers. And it's not restricted to the Avengers. Who can forget that Wolverine mini by Neal Adams? Ugh! Why can't people write thinking foward and not backward.
    Well, that's it. End of rant. I'll give this incarnation of Avengers a shot, but I do tend to find Aaron a boring writer. I hope he doesn't stick long with the pre-historic Avengers.

Peace

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Has anyone who's read Avengers #1 read the "No Justice" preview in DC Nation #0 too?

The preview annoyed me, and there are some other character issues that annoy me like with Thor, shulkie, another Jean grey Phoenix lookalike, the original avengers etc...
    But the book was actually a good read, I'm going to read it again today. It was interesting and I like the way it's playing out, the art was good but not the best I've seen. I'd rate the issue an 8/10.
    I loved the interaction between doctor strange and black panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The preview annoyed me, and there are some other character issues that annoy me like with Thor, shulkie, another Jean grey Phoenix lookalike, the original avengers etc...
    But the book was actually a good read, I'm going to read it again today. It was interesting and I like the way it's playing out, the art was good but not the best I've seen. I'd rate the issue an 8/10.
    I loved the interaction between doctor strange and black panther.
    My fave was this annoying guy kept on pestering Jennifer until she literately went green on her face telling the Jerk to back off...!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    My fave was this annoying guy kept on pestering Jennifer until she literately went green on her face telling the Jerk to back off...!!
    Lol, I loved that moment, I'm just worried that they'll make her too much like Bruce

Incredible Member

I'm curious if they're retconning Robbie's spirit from a satanist serial killer to a spirit of vengeance to line up with the BC avengers, especially since Johnny blaze is other wise occupied due to end result of damnation mini event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Has anyone who's read Avengers #1 read the "No Justice" preview in DC Nation #0 too?
    Bunch of space gods coming to Earth? Check.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, I loved that moment, I'm just worried that they'll make her too much like Bruce
    That is something of a concern especially when the real Hulk is back again. I don't know why Marvel wants to leave Jennifer in that state it doesn't seem to be a very popular direction.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Yeah, Aaron's ignoring Mariko Tomaki's work. UGH!

Was good apart from that, though a bit unfortunate that it's similar to No Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

As someone who's been following Aaron's other titles, I like it enough. But I feel like next issue is where it's really going to get good.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Aaron's ignoring Mariko Tomaki's work. UGH!

Was good apart from that, though a bit unfortunate that it's similar to No Justice.
    So it was undone by the end of her run ugh. I wonder who thought of it first though?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I got the impression that Aaron was just joking when She-Hulk tells herself to stay calm. Like, that guy is so annoying she really wants to smack him down.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

The only thing about this series that's going to annoy me greatly, is I know and I'll be happy to be proven wrong but even though the Phoenix host looks like Jean, the fact that Jean has just returned, and the fact that Jean willed the PF away...will probably not be acknowledged at all in fact they'll probably disregard Jean completely and force the PF onto a new character.