Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Veronica kicked ass on the mini-moog.

I'm disappointed in the casting of Sabrina. but i'll still give it a try. the book was entertaining enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    HA, clutch. lol forgot how limited that animation style was. The dog dancing was their most ambitious frames.

I'm aware of that Sabrina cartoon but never came across it on network tv. I think the Archies' show was aired in syndication on the Hallmark channel (!) around the turn of the century, along with other Filmation cartoons like He-Man.

I remember the two Josie & the Pussycats shows being aired on Boomerang in the 90's though (Kid me preferred the Outer Space one )

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I remember the two Josie & the Pussycats shows being aired on Boomerang in the 90's though (Kid me preferred the Outer Space one )
    The outer space one had the more interesting adventures, but the original had the sexier costumes. (Yes, even at that age...)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The outer space one had the more interesting adventures, but the original had the sexier costumes. (Yes, even at that age...)
    They even appeared as guest-stars for a couple of episodes on The Scooby-Doo Movies.

Now I want a Riverdale spin-off with Josie and the Pussycats teaming up with amateur mystery solvers and/or having outer space adventures.

They even appeared as guest-stars for a couple of episodes on The Scooby-Doo Movies.

Now I want a Riverdale spin-off with Josie and the Pussycats teaming up with amateur mystery solvers and/or having outer space adventures.
    I miss the Scooby-Doo Movies. But the Scooby Doo Team-Up series is a decent substitute.

Off tangent, but still. A lot of fun in those old Hanna-Barbera series.

The weird thing is that the Pussycats on Riverdale are an all-black trio, but in the current comics they're still the old-school versions of the characters, updated to the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The weird thing is that the Pussycats on Riverdale are an all-black trio, but in the current comics they're still the old-school versions of the characters, updated to the present day.
    Why is that weird?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I'm aware of that Sabrina cartoon but never came across it on network tv. I think the Archies' show was aired in syndication on the Hallmark channel (!) around the turn of the century, along with other Filmation cartoons like He-Man.

HA! I didn't know there was a space version, wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Why is that weird?
    Because one would expect the comics to follow the setting of the show.

I actually bought the new Josie comics series, but they cancelled it after 12 issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvTUN5KsDAM

Yikes, no offense guys but the song has 0 swag points. Not catchy or soothing to my ear like Josie, Scooby, and almost every other popular cartoon from that era lol.

Yeah, I haven't had that song memorized my entire life like the other ones. Except for the final "Sabrina, the teeeenage witch" line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At the risk of revealing how old I am, I've got you beat as I grew with THIS version of Sabrina:

Regarding the upcoming TV show, in lieu of the comic book which I liked but clearly isn't coming back, I'll give it a looksee.
    I own this. Got it for 5 bucks a Target. But I love the Comic also though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    HA! I didn't know there was a space version, wtf??
    It's funny because I grew up watching the space one and until a year or 2 ago I had no idea there was a non-space version, lol.