Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    It's funny because I grew up watching the space one and until a year or 2 ago I had no idea there was a non-space version, lol.
    Wow man, perspective. We might as well have been in alternate universes.

Show is a critical smash which had a perfect 100% Rotten Tomatoes score until the 17th review came. Here's the consensus:

Bewitchingly beautiful and wickedly macabre, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina casts an intoxicating spell and provides a perfect showcase for Kiernan Shipka's magical talents.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ch...of_sabrina/s01

Watching episode 2 now.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Amazing Member

They could have made the "women power" theme a bit subtler. Nice to see "Missy" is in this. Salem doesn't talk? Too weird!

Quote Originally Posted by gorosaurus View Post
    They could have made the "women power" theme a bit subtler. Nice to see "Missy" is in this. Salem doesn't talk? Too weird!
    He does talk we just can't hear him. The girl power thing is toned down as it moves on.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just finished watching the first four episodes and....Holy Witchcraft, Batman! This show is absolutely NOTHING like the old Filmation cartoon from the late 60’s or the Melissa Joan Hart sitcom from the late 90’s. There’s plenty of chills and creepiness I never expected, and, I have to say it’s plenty damn good!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

All-New Member

I am enjoying this much more than Haunting of Hill House.

Astonishing Member

I am on episode 3 and I like it is a lot darker than I thought but in a good way.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I'm on episode 4 and it's really an amazing show, i'm surprised in a very good way, love the series already and I know nothing about the Archie Comics, old and new.

So because I googled Daniel Webster (because the name sounded familiar I also recognised the name of one of her classmates. Anyone else expecting them to be the big bad of the series?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Incredible Member

Just got done binge watching this show, that was damn good. Note to sluggish netflix, more supernatural themes with people with POWERS, not this low rent low tier low fantasy crap that is less compelling.

Amazing Member

double post
    Last edited by gorosaurus; 10-28-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Amazing Member

double post, sorry.
    Last edited by gorosaurus; 10-28-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: double post

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    He does talk we just can't hear him. The girl power thing is toned down as it moves on.
    That's good to know, thanks for the input. I don't mind someone trying to get a message across, I just don't want it to be "anvilicious". I'm going to finish the season and see how I like it.

I was a big fan of the "Bewitched" television show when it originally aired (and, yes, I was a little kid then and too young to remember the earliest episodes) and watching it now on DVD and loving it. But I was never a fan of Sabrina. Although Sabrina was around in the comics before Bewitched aired, I always had this idea in my mind that Samantha was the original and Sabrina was the ripoff or some sort of teenage take on Tabitha, Samantha's daughter.

I know I've seen a couple of episodes of the cartoon version of Sabrina but I remember literally nothing about it. I think I watched part of one episode of the live action Sabrina show and just was not interested. That's weird because that kind of comedy take worked for me with Bewitched. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or maybe I, again, just had this attitude that it was derivative of Bewitched.

I say all of this by way of explaining that I don't have this set thing in my mind about what Sabrina "should be". So I really like this new take so far.

Right now, I've only seen the first two episodes. It's serious but in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. I have a couple of friends who are in Wicca. I know "Wicca" is copyrighted, trademarked, whatever. They probably dislike the idea that the show is going with the Christian idea of what Witchcraft is instead of the Pagan ideas. But I suspect witchcraft is going to turn out to be far more than just getting powers from Old Scratch. I suspect there are going to be powers of light style witchcraft too.

As I watch it, I also keep thinking that this could as easily be a serious take on "Bewitched". I'm liking it so far.
    Power with Girl is better.