Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hmm, alright. I just finished the season and I have to say I was entertained overall, but my enjoyment throughout was wavering. The CW started to seep in once the mainly when those 3 sisters were around, but then started to spread in spurts to other characters; like keeping secrets from people you don't need to keep secrets from, telling half truths that lead to contrived conflicts and just milking character suspisions for as long as possible. Which is more evident when everyone starts to vomit the truth in the last couple episodes because time is winding down.

You can tell by how they write, they want that long form-Vampire Diaries-Seasons upon seasons type of storytelling, but they're barely holding back from doing that. What few sex scenes there are they were classic CW, meaningless flings chucked in for teens.

Magical reach extending past Sabrina and towards her friends? Ehh, it's fine but wild convienient.

I don't care for Sabrina's friends much in connection to Sabrina, but they have good character moments.

I like Sabrina's family interactions and mainly her relationship with Ambrose.

The Witch world is so intensely 1 dimensionally elitist it's feels like more of a cult than a community. By day they live in blissful ignorance and by night they live in fear. They come off worse than the people they hate, which partially is intentional of course, but way much overall.

It's clear they didn't introduced that handsome dude from the witch school for no reason, obviuosly they want Sabrina to hook-up with the 'bad boy' and given the ending it sucks they (most likely) gave in to that. Even though I'm numb to most TV relationships, what they did with Harvey was nice and he was a nice guy. So I'm dreading the thought of the potential on-again-off-again shinanagans, but hey, I can't dwell in a potential negativity that can just as likely not happen.

I liked the mind trips and horrific visuals, some cinematography as well.

Madam Satan just happening to be omnipresent at all the right times, just in the background eavesdropping is something I hate in tv shows in general so seeing it here is no different.

Sabrina herself I'm ok with. I'm definitely not a fan of her stubbroness and hate when main characters are selfish to the point of almost being aware the show is about them so they will suffer little punishment, but I really liked her inquisitiveness and some of her problem solving. I'd say I like her willingness to fight for others, but I can't tell if it is also or rather a god/hero complex.

Glad they gave her the white hair, not sure why signing the book makes her part of Doily Necks all of a sudden, other than the obvious CW melodrama aesthetic.

I like the books more in terms of tone, writing, less characters and the art, but that's ok.

Binged the whole thing and I love this show. It was different than I expected, some for better and some for a bit worse, but when it got going it was great. Loved the characters and world. I recommend forgetting the comic if you've read it.

And the last few moments with white Sabrina was awesome.

Astonishing Member

'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' Statue Prompts Demand Letter From The Satanic Temple

TST claims the Netflix series copied its monument without permission.
    Chilling Adventures of Sabrina debuted on Netflix just in time to spook fans before Halloween, but the co-founder of The Satanic Temple isn't happy with one of the series' treats.

In the streaming series, Sabrina Spellman attends The Academy of Unseen Arts. At the school, and shown several times throughout the series, is a statue of goat deity Baphomet.

TST co-founder Lucien Greaves took to Twitter over the weekend to tell his followers the temple is taking legal action against the series "for appropriating our copyrighted monument design to promote their asinine Satanic Panic fiction." He also shared an image of the two statues next to one another, which is posted below.

Stuart de Haan, legal adviser for TST, sent The Hollywood Reporter the text of a demand letter he says he sent to Netflix and Warner Bros. Entertainment. (Neither company has responded to a request for comment or confirmed receipt of the letter.)

"By way of background, my client is struggling to overcome centuries of stigma surrounding their religious symbolism," writes de Haan. "My client has expended considerable efforts in the design and creation of their particular expression of Baphomet, the goat-headed deity represented by this monument. This statue is an original work and, until now, has been associated exclusively with The Satanic Temple all around the world. This has deep religious significance to my client’s organization."

TST wants Netflix and Warners to remove any advertisements that feature the Baphomet monument, refrain from using its likeness in Sabrina or any other works, and produce an explanation of the origins of the monument as used in the series.

I finished it and thought it was great.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-03-2018 at 07:08 PM.

BANNED

I am jumping between this and Haunting on Hill House. It's great this way. I watch HHH then Sabrina.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    So what happened to Connor? Was he killed by a witch hunter? Did his familiar die of natural causes or did Luke kill him on his way out? Was Luke involved with the death? They left that plot thread hanging
    end of spoilers

I haven't seen any episodes yet.

Please tell me that this version of Sabrina doesn't kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    So what happened to Connor? Was he killed by a witch hunter? Did his familiar die of natural causes or did Luke kill him on his way out? Was Luke involved with the death? They left that plot thread hanging
    end of spoilers
    It's probably gonna be dealt with in season 2 but i think we've already met who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I haven't seen any episodes yet.

Please tell me that this version of Sabrina doesn't kill people.
    technically no.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-05-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's probably gonna be dealt with in season 2 but i think we've already met who did it.

technically no.
    spoilers:
    Even if she was resurrected Sabrina still killed her. She got blood on her hands
    end of spoilers

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm no binge watcher so I've only seen the first two episodes but I liked the first episode quite a bit and really loved the second one. I'm sold. It's also a bit more Buffy then I was expecting, which is AOK by me, as I haven't really had a show that scratches that itch since... since Buffy ended maybe? Oh and I certainly didn't expect that Cain and Able from Sandman riff!

Does it stay this good?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Finished it and liked it. Anxious for the next season.

You don't have to wait too long for more chilling adventures of sabrina. A Christmas tale is coming December 14th as a one off Christmas special
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I still cannot process the fact that socially awkward Jeff Murdock from "Coupling" is Father Blackwood.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I still cannot process the fact that socially awkward Jeff Murdock from "Coupling" is Father Blackwood.
    I had to Google him. I knew he looked familiar
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

9 episodes in before I had to take a break.

For comic book Netflix fodder I'm liking it. The heavy-handed attempts at super-inclusive SJW is clunky & cringe inducing every time they focus on the non-witches. Every body is special & everybody needs their **** solved with Sabrina's help. Can anybody run their business without Sabrina being involved somehow? Apparently, only at the goofy bookstore.

The actress is pretty enough & I like her acting. Better to have a solid actress than a Megan Fox/goth-hottie in a silver wig.

The time frame is slippery ain't it? There's no sight/mention of internet/cell phones. Yet, cousin Ambrose mentioned Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore? Noticed that all the vehicles are late 50's early 60's looking cars? In the aforementioned books store they do a quick breakdown of the Night of The Living Dead with premiered in October 1, 1968 in movie theaters. I can't imaging NOTD making it to TV for years to come.