Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Default What's up with Vulcan and Deathbird's kid?

Help me with something, folks. Gabriel Summers got Deathbird pregnant before he died. She's been having adventures since, and still hasn't given birth. But given the circumstances, he appears that he's going to be absurdly overpowered.

On the baby's mother's side, the mother is a Shi'ar evolutionary throwback, with enhanced strength and speed, and flight. And wings, on her arms. On the father's side, he's a Omega level mutant with the ability to psionically control all energy, with powers derived from such including flight, telekinesis, energy absorption, energy blasts, and force fields. In utero, the child was exposed to the omniversal nexus that was the M'kraan Crystal, was injected with superpowered Kree DNA, and was briefly in connected to a Klyntar Symbiote.

Given all that, what would be the powers of this kid?

BANNED

Paradoxically, he could just be a human.
    So did Graydon Creed and Luna Maximoff (before the retcon).

Well, Shi'arman. Or is it Hum'ar?

But I get the point.

My guess is that nobody wanted to follow up on the plot. We can deposit the baby alongside Havoks and Janets kid, Tyler, Wolfsbanes baby, and the Apocalypse Twins.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Help me with something, folks. Gabriel Summers got Deathbird pregnant before he died. She's been having adventures since, and still hasn't given birth. But given the circumstances, he appears that he's going to be absurdly overpowered.

On the baby's mother's side, the mother is a Shi'ar evolutionary throwback, with enhanced strength and speed, and flight. And wings, on her arms. On the father's side, he's a Omega level mutant with the ability to psionically control all energy, with powers derived from such including flight, telekinesis, energy absorption, energy blasts, and force fields. In utero, the child was exposed to the omniversal nexus that was the M'kraan Crystal, was injected with superpowered Kree DNA, and was briefly in connected to a Klyntar Symbiote.

Given all that, what would be the powers of this kid?
    Convoluted

Maybe Deathbird just laid an egg

Wasn't she pregnant with Bishops kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    My guess is that nobody wanted to follow up on the plot. We can deposit the baby alongside Havoks and Janets kid, Tyler, Wolfsbanes baby, and the Apocalypse Twins.
    Well Wolfbane's baby is dead, though her daughter from that one alternate universe Madrox ended up in when he kept getting killed is still roaming around 616.

BANNED

I'm sure the writer of that crappy story will get to revisit it eventually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm sure the writer of that crappy story will get to revisit it eventually.
    Naw, he’s going to focus on the next pregnancy.

BANNED

Might be Guggenheim's endgame after the Dark Rachel Saga. Imagine how well that'll go.
    Or Reed Richards, in his infinite wisdom, erased this stupid plotline from the multiverse. That's also possible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    In a metaphorical blender, then?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Probably incubating in a Shi'ar creche somewhere. Deathbird certainly doesn't want some brat hanging around.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Doesnt sound interesting at all. Now..where is the child of Nate Grey and Threnody??

For the record, my idea:

The other Shi'ar human hybrids we have are Adam X, who lights blood on fire, Slipstream, who can surf on air, and Lifeguard, who just has Darwin's superpowers, but a couple years earlier. So it's safe to say that there's a pretty wide variety of powers, to say the least. (And incidentally, late Claremont is nuts.) I don't think that the Klyntar left much, so probably just a minor regenerative talent. A Warpath/Thunderbird level healing factor, that sorta thing. Because Peter didn't keep anything from Venom. But I think the thrust would be general enhanced physicality, energy blasts and minor energy absorption, and flight - would make sense. With the feathers/hair glowing when he or she flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Doesnt sound interesting at all. Now..where is the child of Nate Grey and Threnody??
    If I ruled the world, being raised by Nate and Dani.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In a metaphorical blender, then?
    More like a daycare for forgotten x-kids of various x-characters.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Man, Deathbird sure is a FERTILE lil' bird, ain't she?