Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cinematic Thor vs Cinematic Superman

Thor takes on Superman, 3 or 4* different ways.

1. Thor post INFINITY WAR vs Superman post JUSTICE LEAGUE (Hemsworth vs Cavill version, all MCU and DCEU feats included)

2. Thor post INFINITY WAR vs Superman post SUPERMAN RETURNS (Hemsworth vs Routh version)

3. Thor post INFINITY WAR vs Superman post SUPERMAN IV THE QUEST FOR PEACE (Hemsworth vs Reeve version, all feats from the 4 Reeve films included)

Standard Rumbles settings, with standard gear allowed.

Who wins each round?

* - And if, only IF, Thor post-IW still stomps all 3 Supermen individually, then ...

4. Hemsworth Thor vs Cavill and Routh and Reeve Supermen simultaneously, all feats included for each version.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 05-03-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Swiss army nerd

1. - Cavill, too fast/strong/durable. Thor can't touch him.

2. - Don't really have combat speed for Routh, but he's able to lift an island of kryptonite, which tells me his strength and durability should let him hang in there with Thor, at least. His travel speed is such that he just flies straight into Thor at the bell and hits him with an "I can lift an island made of my deadly weakness into orbit" level punch and knock him clean out.

3. As long as this is the Superman who can fly around the world fast enough to reverse its rotation, Thor is hosed. Even if you don't take that at face value and view it as a visualisation of some new time travel power, he's still plenty fast enough and strong enough, I think. I could be wrong though, been a while since I paid close attention to strength stuff in the Reeve movies.

Ultimate Member

Superman is generally too fast for Thor

1, Superman, just too fast.

2. This one's more complicated, because Routhman is a direct sequel to Reevesman, who could turn back time.

3. Same as above, Reevesman can turn back time and revert Thor to a weaker state.

Just as a reminder Routh man has that casual step in front of an already fired bullet feat

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    1, Superman, just too fast.

Curious. How can you tout the Neutron Star feat as legitimate (I have since decided it to be SMvFL personally) yet also believe Superman can harm the guy? After all, he couldn't harm Doomsday, yet Diana's sword could, and you don't think it could cut Thor
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

1. Thor post INFINITY WAR vs Superman post JUSTICE LEAGUE (Hemsworth vs Cavill version, all MCU and DCEU feats included)
    As mentioned Clark is too fast.

2. Thor post INFINITY WAR vs Superman post SUPERMAN RETURNS (Hemsworth vs Routh version)
    Stomp in favor of Superman

3. Thor post INFINITY WAR vs Superman post SUPERMAN IV THE QUEST FOR PEACE (Hemsworth vs Reeve version, all feats from the 4 Reeve films included)

Standard Rumbles settings, with standard gear allowed.
    Reeve should win this, although I think Routh and Cavill Supermen have the better reaction feats over Reeve.

Who wins each round?

* - And if, only IF, Thor post-IW still stomps all 3 Supermen individually, then ...

4. Hemsworth Thor vs Cavill and Routh and Reeve Supermen simultaneously, all feats included for each version.
    He won't make it past any version of Superman previously described.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Curious. How can you tout the Neutron Star feat as legitimate (I have since decided it to be SMvFL personally) yet also believe Superman can harm the guy? After all, he couldn't harm Doomsday, yet Diana's sword could, and you don't think it could cut Thor
    So that he can then say Superman is stronger than that. Rather clever plan, really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Because Superman got a power boost in JL and there's a difference between heat resistance and punching resistance?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Because Superman got a power boost in JL and there's a difference between heat resistance and punching resistance?
    Sigh...

*prepares for inevitable keyboard combat*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Sigh...

*prepares for inevitable keyboard combat*
    The Care Bears are standing by.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Superman was about half as fast as the Flash and his own lightning in JL, that's an astronomical advantage in combat speed. Cavillman could hit Thor a thousand times a second with no fear of reprisal, and his feats of physical strength are far superior, he's easily capable of wearing him down despite Thor's greater durability.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Superman was about half as fast as the Flash and his own lightning in JL, that's an astronomical advantage in combat speed. Cavillman could hit Thor a thousand times a second with no fear of reprisal, and his feats of physical strength are far superior, he's easily capable of wearing him down despite Thor's greater durability.
    No he's not. That's inconsistent with your earlier argument of Diana pretty much being ignored by Thor

Diana cuts doomsday with his sword. Superman does little to hurt him as noticeably. Diana can't even hurt Thor according to you. But Superman can?

Also a thousand times zero is still zero. If Thor can survive exposure to stars, and Superman can barely hurt people who tank nukes, Superman can't hurt Thor at all

A nuke is hardly on the same scale as a star especially when you yourself claim that nuke level sword strikes aren't even hurting Thor
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 05-03-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No he's not. That's inconsistent with your earlier argument of Diana pretty much being ignored by Thor

Diana cuts doomsday with his sword. Superman does little to hurt him as noticeably. Diana can't even hurt Thor according to you. But Superman can?

Also a thousand times zero is still zero. If Thor can survive exposure to stars, and Superman can barely hurt people who tank nukes, Superman can't hurt Thor at all

A nuke is hardly on the same scale as a star especially when you yourself claim that nuke level sword strikes aren't even hurting Thor.
    Thank you Dark.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    This is coming off as a bit confrontational. Could you please dial it back a bit?
    Edited that. Sorry