View Poll Results: Should we have community topics, besides CBR chat?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 79.31%
  • No

    6 20.69%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 151
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Bring Back the Community threads

    This is an open poll, and a discussion.

    Look at the CBR Chat thread. In just 18 hours it's already 66 pages long, the discussions jump from poster to poster, there is no conherent discussions whatsoever existing. People talk from subject to subject, noone pays attention to anyone and noone catches up.

    There is no damage in having "CBR Chat thread" while "I am Marvel Community", "Ultimately Off-Topic", and other "tribal private clubs" exist. It's ridicilous that because one blogger got threatened with rape on twitter and some forums, us common users have to suffer, for pete's sake that blogger doesn't even post in here, why are we taking the bite? I bet she doesn't care two bits about this CBR forum reboot, so why should we, who care about our communities suffer?

    Yes, i am using the word suffer, because i had a good time here talking crap with my fellow Ultimately Off-topic chaps, but now you're taking that away, why? Because you want me to post in a topic, that in assumingly 18 hours again from now, will be 132 pages long! How is that welcoming anyone?

  2. #2
    22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I'm willing to bet this gets shut down within two hours.

    Anyway, I'd hardly call losing our chat threads "suffering," but I agree we should get them back.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."


    He/him/his pronouns.

  3. #3
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    This is an open poll, and a discussion.

    Look at the CBR Chat thread. In just 18 hours it's already 66 pages long, the discussions jump from poster to poster, there is no conherent discussions whatsoever existing. People talk from subject to subject, noone pays attention to anyone and noone catches up.

    There is no damage in having "CBR Chat thread" while "I am Marvel Community", "Ultimately Off-Topic", and other "tribal private clubs" exist. It's ridicilous that because one blogger got threatened with rape on twitter and some forums, us common users have to suffer, for pete's sake that blogger doesn't even post in here, why are we taking the bite? I bet she doesn't care two bits about this CBR forum reboot, so why should we, who care about our communities suffer?

    Yes, i am using the word suffer, because i had a good time here talking crap with my fellow Ultimately Off-topic chaps, but now you're taking that away, why? Because you want me to post in a topic, that in assumingly 18 hours again from now, will be 132 pages long! How is that welcoming anyone?
    I feel that only one chat thread is considerably more exclusive than what they had hoped. Not many new posters will want to even jump into that.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Yeah, this isn't a first world problem but this annoying for sure.

    The CBR chat thread is a mess, you can't get a long discussion out of any subject, because people just jump from subject to subject.

  5. #5
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,478

    Default

    Dude, you're kinda treading on thin ice here. You've made your point abundantly clear in the chat thread, why make a whole new thread just to complain?

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    I'm making a poll, so the Moderators can see what the community wants.

    You can vote too.

  7. #7
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Dude, you're kinda treading on thin ice here. You've made your point abundantly clear in the chat thread, why make a whole new thread just to complain?
    I think it's because he doesn't want to derail whatever is going on in the other thread. It'll just get lost in the noise.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Not many new posters will want to even jump into that.
    I'm a new CBR user and I like it just fine.
    Eh.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member randomengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I'm making a poll, so the Moderators can see what the community wants.

    You can vote too.
    It doesn't matter what the community wants. It matters what the mods want. The mods want 1 chat thread, period. They said stop complaining about, which to me says - discussion over.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

  10. #10
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm a new CBR user and I like it just fine.
    Eh.
    I said not many. That does allow for exceptions :P

    But welcome to CBR anyways. I didn't the chance to say that in the mega thread.

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I said not many. That does allow for exceptions :P

    But welcome to CBR anyways. I didn't the chance to say that in the mega thread.
    Thanks.

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    It doesn't matter what the community wants. It matters what the mods want. The mods want 1 chat thread, period. They said stop complaining about, which to me says - discussion over.
    What sort of a discussion is that?

    We should be open to talk and discuss things, we aren't breaking any rules. We are simply recommending the Moderators to have second thoughts about their decision, allow community threads to co-exist alongside the main CBR Chat thread.

    Why can't you let us have our communities? The 70-page CBR chat thread is going to be 200 pages by tomorrow, how welcoming does that sound?

  13. #13
    Incredible Member randomengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    What sort of a discussion is that?

    We should be open to talk and discuss things, we aren't breaking any rules. We are simply recommending the Moderators to have second thoughts about their decision, allow community threads to co-exist alongside the main CBR Chat thread.

    Why can't you let us have our communities? The 70-page CBR chat thread is going to be 200 pages by tomorrow, how welcoming does that sound?
    The mods have stated repeatedly that you cannot beat a dead horse over this topic. They realize you are displeased. The emotion is noted and we should all move on and talk about something else.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

  14. #14
    Incredible Member randomengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Why can't you let us have our communities? The 70-page CBR chat thread is going to be 200 pages by tomorrow, how welcoming does that sound?
    I think we can all learn to be ok with the fact we won't be able to read everyone's comment. I cannot read every post on the board. Nothing to get bent out of shape about. Jump in and jump out, that is how chats work. You know how annoying it is in a chat to ask, "so what are you guys talking about?" Nah, you just jump in and have fun.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

  15. #15
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    The mods have stated repeatedly that you cannot beat a dead horse over this topic. They realize you are displeased. The emotion is noted and we should all move on and talk about something else.
    Move on to where? All I want to do is talk to my friends about random crap and they're not part of CBR's mega thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •