View Poll Results: Should we have community topics, besides CBR chat?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 79.31%
  • No

6 20.69%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

People, even Moderators are allowed to have a change of an opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    What sort of a discussion is that?

We should be open to talk and discuss things, we aren't breaking any rules. We are simply recommending the Moderators to have second thoughts about their decision, allow community threads to co-exist alongside the main CBR Chat thread.

Why can't you let us have our communities? The 70-page CBR chat thread is going to be 200 pages by tomorrow, how welcoming does that sound?
    Because it is THEIR forum, which THEY allow us the privilege of using.
    Why do so many see this place as a democracy? It's not.

BANNED

There's no issue with complaining so long as it's civil, right? I say complain away! Having one chat thread is arbitrary and short-sighted.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Move on to where? All I want to do is talk to my friends about random crap and they're not part of CBR's mega thread.
    Go where they went or invite them here and chat in the mega thread. Thems the brakes.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Go where they went or invite them here and chat in the mega thread. Thems the brakes.
    They don't like the mega thread. And I can't believe the only option is to leave the place I've been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    There's no issue with complaining so long as it's civil, right? I say complain away! Having one chat thread is arbitrary and short-sighted.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, after all.
    They have explicitly stated that complaints about the moderation or the rules is ok if they are new to you, but once you complain you should basically move on and stop bringing it up.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

I don't see what harm is there to suggest them to have an alternate opinion on something. This is a simple forum, just on the internet. This poll is entirely made for the reason they can see what the community wants.

Most people want their community hubs, and to point out how long CBR Chat has become in less than a day, should convince them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Because it is THEIR forum, which THEY allow us the privilege of using.
    Why do so many see this place as a democracy? It's not.
    Since you're not part of any of the communities here and you have no contacts, you do not understand what is going on.

Nobody feels "entitled" to use CBR forever. Some of us have build some "odd friendships" here. I don't truly consider online friends "friends", but they are "friends" regardless and I enjoy chatting with them.

This event made it so lots of people's entire networks here are being thrown out. That is the reason, that is what is annoying. I am ready to move on, I understand this might have gotten too big for Jonah to handle and he wants to shut down, but we all need more time to contact everyone and relocate elsewhere.

Thanks,

BANNED

They have explicitly stated that complaints about the moderation or the rules is ok if they are new to you, but once you complain you should basically move on and stop bringing it up.
    I didn't read that in the new rules, so until I'm explicitly told to stop talking or they make the right change, I'll continue to fight this arbitrary and nonsensical rule, in a civil fashion, of course.

I don't see what harm is there to suggest them to have an alternate opinion on something. This is a simple forum, just on the internet. This poll is entirely made for the reason they can see what the community wants.

Most people want their community hubs, and to point out how long CBR Chat has become in less than a day, should convince them.
    I have kids. Once daddy has ruled it is supremely annoying for them to continue to plead their case. Sometimes you just have to accept the rules as they have been stated and given. It is their forum. They have no reason to cater the forum to the whims of the community. They have a vision for how the forums should be and if that vision does not match what you want, then it's time to give up those halcyon dreams.
    Pull List

BANNED

It's not about what the community feels is best for the mods to do, it's about what the Mods feel is best for the community.
    They have the power and they make the rules and say what goes. If we don't like it, we can find another place.
    And yeah that sucks and isn't what you might call fair... but that's just how it is.

CBR offers a free product and that product is this community.
    Take it as it is or don't.

BANNED

Randomengine, you do realize it is againts the terms of use to mock people? Trying to compare us to little kids and CBR moderators as "daddies" is not necessary for my topic, whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    I didn't read that in the new rules, so until I'm explicitly told to stop talking or they make the right change, I'll continue to fight this arbitrary and nonsensical rule, in a civil fashion, of course.
    There used to be a "Sincere no thank you" thread where people complained about the new forum. They let it live for a day or so, then deliberately killed it, saying people have had an opportunity to complain and that time has now passed. You can continue baeting that drum, but I will hate to have to say, "I told you so."
    Pull List

BANNED

I have kids. Once daddy has ruled it is supremely annoying for them to continue to plead their case. Sometimes you just have to accept the rules as they have been stated and given. It is their forum. They have no reason to cater the forum to the whims of the community. They have a vision for how the forums should be and if that vision does not match what you want, then it's time to give up those halcyon dreams.
    Sometimes you have to just accept the fact people are going to voice complaints. We have no reason to cater to your whims. We have a vision of how we want to voice our dissent, and if that vision does not match what you want, then it's time for you to give up your halcyon dreams.

Randomengine, you do realize it is againts the terms of use to mock people? Trying to compare us to little kids and CBR moderators as "daddies" is not necessary for my topic, whatsoever.
    No mocking intended. Just trying to use analogies to make a point. No offense intended.
    Pull List