View Poll Results: Should we have community topics, besides CBR chat?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 79.31%
  • No

6 20.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Bring Back the Community threads

This is an open poll, and a discussion.

Look at the CBR Chat thread. In just 18 hours it's already 66 pages long, the discussions jump from poster to poster, there is no conherent discussions whatsoever existing. People talk from subject to subject, noone pays attention to anyone and noone catches up.

There is no damage in having "CBR Chat thread" while "I am Marvel Community", "Ultimately Off-Topic", and other "tribal private clubs" exist. It's ridicilous that because one blogger got threatened with rape on twitter and some forums, us common users have to suffer, for pete's sake that blogger doesn't even post in here, why are we taking the bite? I bet she doesn't care two bits about this CBR forum reboot, so why should we, who care about our communities suffer?

Yes, i am using the word suffer, because i had a good time here talking crap with my fellow Ultimately Off-topic chaps, but now you're taking that away, why? Because you want me to post in a topic, that in assumingly 18 hours again from now, will be 132 pages long! How is that welcoming anyone?

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

I'm willing to bet this gets shut down within two hours.

Anyway, I'd hardly call losing our chat threads "suffering," but I agree we should get them back.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

BANNED

Yeah, this isn't a first world problem but this annoying for sure.

The CBR chat thread is a mess, you can't get a long discussion out of any subject, because people just jump from subject to subject.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Dude, you're kinda treading on thin ice here. You've made your point abundantly clear in the chat thread, why make a whole new thread just to complain?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

I'm making a poll, so the Moderators can see what the community wants.

You can vote too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I'm making a poll, so the Moderators can see what the community wants.

You can vote too.
    It doesn't matter what the community wants. It matters what the mods want. The mods want 1 chat thread, period. They said stop complaining about, which to me says - discussion over.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    It doesn't matter what the community wants. It matters what the mods want. The mods want 1 chat thread, period. They said stop complaining about, which to me says - discussion over.
    What sort of a discussion is that?

We should be open to talk and discuss things, we aren't breaking any rules. We are simply recommending the Moderators to have second thoughts about their decision, allow community threads to co-exist alongside the main CBR Chat thread.

Why can't you let us have our communities? The 70-page CBR chat thread is going to be 200 pages by tomorrow, how welcoming does that sound?

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Dude, you're kinda treading on thin ice here. You've made your point abundantly clear in the chat thread, why make a whole new thread just to complain?
    I think it's because he doesn't want to derail whatever is going on in the other thread. It'll just get lost in the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    This is an open poll, and a discussion.

Look at the CBR Chat thread. In just 18 hours it's already 66 pages long, the discussions jump from poster to poster, there is no conherent discussions whatsoever existing. People talk from subject to subject, noone pays attention to anyone and noone catches up.

There is no damage in having "CBR Chat thread" while "I am Marvel Community", "Ultimately Off-Topic", and other "tribal private clubs" exist. It's ridicilous that because one blogger got threatened with rape on twitter and some forums, us common users have to suffer, for pete's sake that blogger doesn't even post in here, why are we taking the bite? I bet she doesn't care two bits about this CBR forum reboot, so why should we, who care about our communities suffer?

Yes, i am using the word suffer, because i had a good time here talking crap with my fellow Ultimately Off-topic chaps, but now you're taking that away, why? Because you want me to post in a topic, that in assumingly 18 hours again from now, will be 132 pages long! How is that welcoming anyone?
    I feel that only one chat thread is considerably more exclusive than what they had hoped. Not many new posters will want to even jump into that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Not many new posters will want to even jump into that.
    I'm a new CBR user and I like it just fine.
    Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm a new CBR user and I like it just fine.
    Eh.
    I said not many. That does allow for exceptions :P

But welcome to CBR anyways. I didn't the chance to say that in the mega thread.

BANNED

I said not many. That does allow for exceptions :P

But welcome to CBR anyways. I didn't the chance to say that in the mega thread.
    Thanks.

BANNED

I feel that only one chat thread is considerably more exclusive than what they had hoped. Not many new posters will want to even jump into that.
    I beg to differ. Many threads (with a few exceptions such as Ultimates or the Omnibus Discussion, Rita, Minority/LGBTQ Threads, most appreciations threads) were'nt that Tribal but Most were very exclusive. Often new posters were put on ignore or harassed out of them. Unfortunate that Ultimates has to be thrown in with some of the worse offenders.

But it was becoming worse--an epidemic...or worse a pandemic. You could tell the guilty threads by how many new members could join them.

I mean had the Ultimate gang hung out in more threads..maybe this wouldn't have happened...heck if every Community thread had participated in other threads..so as to remove the country club mentality I doubt CBR would have had to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I beg to differ. Many threads (with a few exceptions such as Ultimates or the Omnibus Discussion, Rita, Minority/LGBTQ Threads, most appreciations threads) were'nt that Tribal but Most were very exclusive. Often new posters were put on ignore or harassed out of them. Unfortunate that Ultimates has to be thrown in with some of the worse offenders.

But it was becoming worse--an epidemic...or worse a pandemic. You could tell the guilty threads by how many new members could join them.

I mean had the Ultimate gang hung out in more threads..maybe this wouldn't have happened...heck if every Community thread had participated in other threads..so as to remove the country club mentality I doubt CBR would have had to upgrade.
    I was a member of two groups for awhile. I wanted something a bit more quieter, so I stuck with the Ultimates.

BANNED

I was a member of two groups for awhile. I wanted something a bit more quieter, so I stuck with the Ultimates.
    And see..that was part of the problem. With so many personalities...friendly chatters and those willing to converse with those you may not have 100% in common became RARE--and all the CBR forums desperately need those type of posters.

Again, the comradery didnt happen. People withdrew to their own corner of the universe..and the main one imploded in snark.

Goodwill is a high commodity i hope the new CBR has more than the old one. And if you could look at it as sacrificing for the greater good perhaps the view of what has transpired will change.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-02-2014 at 02:36 PM.