View Poll Results: Should we have community topics, besides CBR chat?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 79.31%
  • No

6 20.69%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Since you're not part of any of the communities here and you have no contacts, you do not understand what is going on.

Nobody feels "entitled" to use CBR forever. Some of us have build some "odd friendships" here. I don't truly consider online friends "friends", but they are "friends" regardless and I enjoy chatting with them.

This event made it so lots of people's entire networks here are being thrown out. That is the reason, that is what is annoying. I am ready to move on, I understand this might have gotten too big for Jonah to handle and he wants to shut down, but we all need more time to contact everyone and relocate elsewhere.

Thanks,
    I've been on metal forums where the exact same situation has happened.
    I'm not new to this... so I kinda do understand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    There used to be a "Sincere no thank you" thread where people complained about the new forum. They let it live for a day or so, then deliberately killed it, saying people have had an opportunity to complain and that time has now passed. You can continue baeting that drum, but I will hate to have to say, "I told you so."
    Well, again, until I'm explicitly told I'm not allowed to voice displeasure in a civil manor, I'll continue to do so. So really, you're the one beating a dead horse here.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Sometimes you have to just accept the fact people are going to voice complaints. We have no reason to cater to your whims. We have a vision of how we want to voice our dissent, and if that vision does not match what you want, then it's time for you to give up your halcyon dreams.
    Hey I am just repeating what I read. They seem to be ok with complaints if you are just made aware of the changes, but if you become repetitive, they start waving around the ban hammer.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Hey I am just repeating what I read. They seem to be ok with complaints if you are just made aware of the changes, but if you become repetitive, they start waving around the ban hammer.
    That's fine. If they want to ban for something so silly, I'll gladly accept it. I'm really just trying to help you, since dissent seems to upset you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Since you're not part of any of the communities here and you have no contacts, you do not understand what is going on.

Nobody feels "entitled" to use CBR forever. Some of us have build some "odd friendships" here. I don't truly consider online friends "friends", but they are "friends" regardless and I enjoy chatting with them.

This event made it so lots of people's entire networks here are being thrown out. That is the reason, that is what is annoying. I am ready to move on, I understand this might have gotten too big for Jonah to handle and he wants to shut down, but we all need more time to contact everyone and relocate elsewhere.

Thanks,
    Hey, I used to be a part of Newsarama. Remember that forum? You would have to because it doesn't exist anymore. It also had a very toxic community and they decided to destroy the whole forum rather than try to moderate it. We all should be glad they care enough about the community to try to police it rather than pull a newsarama and just blow it up and walk away.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

And let me just say, if it means that much to you all... yeah you should have your threads back.
    But that aint up to me or any of us.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

CBR was really the only place I had to go to when I wanted to talk about comics. I don't have any friends IRL that like them. I found the Ultimately Off-Topic thread pretty soon after I joined CBR. Back then I was more angry and willing to cause crap, but I got to know the whole group and I hung out with them and we just talked about anything: comics, movies, life. It was nice having this tiny group to talk to. Sometimes we got into fights, but I always considered it like a family of sorts. You love 'em and hate 'em. I mean I used to get annoyed at Wyokid all the time, but the dude's a cool person once you get to know him. When the boards rebooted, I panicked because I had only just came back to CBR after a long hiatus. I didn't want to lose contact with anyone. And honestly, that giant chat thread just isn't the best place for the kind of conversations I had with my buds. That's all I'm saying. And leaving the site would be painful since it's been my home of sorts since I don't exactly have any other place to go to talk comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I feel that only one chat thread is considerably more exclusive than what they had hoped. Not many new posters will want to even jump into that.
    I beg to differ. Many threads (with a few exceptions such as Ultimates or the Omnibus Discussion, Rita, Minority/LGBTQ Threads, most appreciations threads) were'nt that Tribal but Most were very exclusive. Often new posters were put on ignore or harassed out of them. Unfortunate that Ultimates has to be thrown in with some of the worse offenders.

But it was becoming worse--an epidemic...or worse a pandemic. You could tell the guilty threads by how many new members could join them.

I mean had the Ultimate gang hung out in more threads..maybe this wouldn't have happened...heck if every Community thread had participated in other threads..so as to remove the country club mentality I doubt CBR would have had to upgrade.

BANNED

I don't exactly have any other place to go to talk comics.
    You could make a FB group.
    We did that with an old Thrash forum I used to frequent.

Works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Works quite well.
    Facebook has become a living Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I beg to differ. Many threads (with a few exceptions such as Ultimates or the Omnibus Discussion, Rita, Minority/LGBTQ Threads, most appreciations threads) were'nt that Tribal but Most were very exclusive. Often new posters were put on ignore or harassed out of them. Unfortunate that Ultimates has to be thrown in with some of the worse offenders.

But it was becoming worse--an epidemic...or worse a pandemic. You could tell the guilty threads by how many new members could join them.

I mean had the Ultimate gang hung out in more threads..maybe this wouldn't have happened...heck if every Community thread had participated in other threads..so as to remove the country club mentality I doubt CBR would have had to upgrade.
    I was a member of two groups for awhile. I wanted something a bit more quieter, so I stuck with the Ultimates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Works quite well.
    I don't want people to know my real identity, not to mention how would any new CBR fan learn about our Ultimate Marvel chat group? You're suggesting we leave CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I don't want people to know my real identity, not to mention how would any new CBR fan learn about our Ultimate Marvel chat group? You're suggesting we leave CBR.
    Do any of the Ultimates even really have Facebook accounts? I know Wyokid does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    It was just an idea man.

BANNED

Do any of the Ultimates even really have Facebook accounts? I know Wyokid does.
    I'm on Facebook, but it's with my real life family and friends. I don't have anything againts you, but i don't want you to access my Facebook stuff. :b