View Poll Results: Should we have community topics, besides CBR chat?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 79.31%
  • No

    6 20.69%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 151
  1. #91
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Maybe it's because I've moderated before, but I find it difficult to understand the entitlement that is still there days after the initial shock of the reboot.
    Change is difficult for some.

    I actually like the way things are now and feel that the reboot was necessary for reasons that have already been explained ad nauseum.

    Like yourself, I've moderated in the past and I feel that the way things have been restructured actually makes it easier for the CBR mods to nip things in the bud before they get too problematic.

    I'm sure the early teething problems some are currently experiencing will pass.

  2. #92
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Change is difficult for some.

    I actually like the way things are now and feel that the reboot was necessary for reasons that have already been explained ad nauseum.

    Like yourself, I've moderated in the past and I feel that the way things have been restructured actually makes it easier for the CBR mods to nip things in the bud before they get too problematic.

    I'm sure the early teething problems some are currently experiencing will pass.
    My problem with your post is comparing us to babies.

  3. #93
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Old School
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    How's your webcomic comong along bro? It looked promising.
    Going along pretty good..I've had some industry pros give me advice. Indy small press but Ill take good advice from anyone I can get. And I got your PM..dead on...And I certainly will take your advice.

  4. #94
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Old School
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    My problem with your post is comparing us to babies.
    Muppet babies? I'm gonzo.

  5. #95
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Use the CBR chat thread for off-topic discussion, be civil people.

    This poll is dedicated for the discussion of CBR Community threads.

  6. #96
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Old School
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Maybe it's because I've moderated before, but I find it difficult to understand the entitlement that is still there days after the initial shock of the reboot.
    I don't either..and I think my problem is trying to explain why the current change is a good idea.....to me.

    I'm not here to argue with anyone..so ill just leave.

  7. #97
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Finally. Thanks.

  8. #98
    Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    How is this any more entitled than asking for an appreciation thread subforum? We're trying to address a problem.
    I don't think I insinuated that it's more or less entitled than that. And frankly the Appreciation threads aren't supposed to exist either (or "Official" threads). In the few Appreciation threads where I've already posted (like the Saga and Rat Queens ones) things seemed to be working very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I don't either..and I think my problem is trying to explain why the current change is a good idea.....to me.
    The thing I always try to remember is that change for anyone is tough. Maybe with time it'll get easier to understand?
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowline***********
    Twitter - @marclombardi

  9. #99
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    I don't think I insinuated that it's more or less entitled than that. And frankly the Appreciation threads aren't supposed to exist either (or "Official" threads). In the few Appreciation threads where I've already posted (like the Saga and Rat Queens ones) things seemed to be working very well.


    The thing I always try to remember is that change for anyone is tough. Maybe with time it'll get easier to understand?
    Not all change is good.

  10. #100
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Going along pretty good..I've had some industry pros give me advice. Indy small press but Ill take good advice from anyone I can get. And I got your PM..dead on...And I certainly will take your advice.
    It's all good my friend. I've been really impressed with what I've seen of your work already and look forward to seeing more.

    Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

  11. #101
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Mr Majestik, it is againts the rules to derail a topic. Keep your discussion on the CBR Chat.

  12. #102
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    My problem with your post is comparing us to babies.
    I wasn't aware that using a well known figure of speech implied anything of the sort.

  13. #103
    Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Not all change is good.
    Agreed. But in this instance, this particular change is one that is being implemented by the folks in charge of the website, and that's good enough for me since no one is forcing me to post here.

    I'm not honestly being argumentative about this by the way, so I apologize if my responses are coming off as purposely contrarian.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowline***********
    Twitter - @marclombardi

  14. #104
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Mr Majestik, it is againts the rules to derail a topic. Keep your discussion on the CBR Chat.
    What would you like to chat about?

    The curreent set up is one that will take some getting used to but with time, things will eventually balance themselves out in my humble opinion.

  15. #105
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    http://tinyurl.com/haad5pl
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What would you like to chat about?
    This isn't the chat thread.

    This is an discussion thread for Community threads. It's the only subject of discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •