Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preview - Old Man Logan #39

Glob Loves, Man Kills
    (W) Ed Brisson
    (A) Ibraim Roberson
    (C) Mike Deodato

Logan isn't healing the way he used to. Something is wrong - recent fights are leaving their marks, in ways he's never experienced before. Beaten down, Logan goes to the one people he thought he could always count on for help...The X-Men. But when an old pupil of Logan's asks for his help, it's Logan's enemies who will learn the hardest lesson: This old dog still has bite.

Really good art.

WTF is up with artists drawing Anole as one of the asparagus people lately?

BANNED

Looks like Brisson's a fan of Sharktits and Glob and that's why they were X-Men in the future.

BANNED

I’m still rooting for Glob & Jeen.

TBH the only reason I'm picking up this two-issue arc is for the X-kiddos. The art is great, but...........I don't get the appeal Glob has on writers...at least we aren't seeing forced-ass convos between Logan and Jubilee's class.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I’m still rooting for Glob & Jeen.
    Dang. I was kind of liking #Splob, but I guess they really did break up during the end of Gen X.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    WTF is up with artists drawing Anole as one of the asparagus people lately?
    Good art but I was just about to say that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I don't get the appeal Glob has on writers
    Writers trying to impress Morrison by using his characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    TBH the only reason I'm picking up this two-issue arc is for the X-kiddos. The art is great, but...........I don't get the appeal Glob has on writers...at least we aren't seeing forced-ass convos between Logan and Jubilee's class.
    On the plus side, though, at least Brisson's on the ball enough to know that Rockslide isn't just Glob lite.

Astonishing Member

All the Morrison kids are good, even the dead ones like Basilisk or the fart boy who wore a containment suit.

The only savageable characters of Generation Hope and the Aaron kids are Transonic, SharkGirl and Eyeboy, imo.

My autistic complain about these kids is they have no power grid. We know both Glob and Shark Girl have superhuman strength, but we don't really know how much they can lift.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Damn, this artist is good. Look at how they streamlined everyone. I thought Anole was Impossible Man for a moment though.

Good preview. Although I find myself wondering what Marvel is going to do with Old Man Logan once Logan Prime returns to form. The comics are already so crowded with replacement Wolverines. What will come of those characters once Logan is back in his traditional role? I'm fond of Old Man Logan, but I do miss Logan Prime and I hope that if Old Man Logan's story does end, it has a fitting end.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Good preview. Although I find myself wondering what Marvel is going to do with Old Man Logan once Logan Prime returns to form. The comics are already so crowded with replacement Wolverines. What will come of those characters once Logan is back in his traditional role? I'm fond of Old Man Logan, but I do miss Logan Prime and I hope that if Old Man Logan's story does end, it has a fitting end.
    I'd say Jimmy and Old Man Logan are the most expendable. The Old Man has been pretty much treated like OG Logan but wrinklier from his arrival, so is pretty redundant with Logan's return, while Jimmy is both the less interesting son compared to Daken, and has been cribbing too much of Logan's own schtick with the amnesia plot in Blue.

Maybe Jean will contact Miles Morales? She met him while visiting the Ultimate Universe during Bendis's All-New X-Men run. Miles has the means to get the Ultimate refugees (Jimmy, Mach 2, Guardian, and Armor) home, by enlisting Spider-Gwen's help. 1610 Armor needs to go home, she's redundant as her 616 counterpart is already around. The other two could stick around, but I think the Marauders will all be dealt with together.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Looks like Brisson's a fan of Sharktits and Glob and that's why they were X-Men in the future.
    X-Men from the future???

Random Question:
    Hmmmm why are the only kids involved in Riot at Xaviers The Omega Gang (Quentin, Radian, Redneck, Glob, Tattoo)
    who are still alive are the white ones? HOW DaFuq is Glob a good person when he was involved...i don't even think we saw him punished