So back to Cheetah, and diving into the Dark Gods now.

Oh, god. I was hoping Cheetah would be saved until a big event, but here it looks like she's back to being Cale's toy.

Although I appreciate what Robinson is trying to do, tying back to Rucka's run, I wish it was postponed until the next writer comes on the series. At least now it might mean Godwatch is a permanent theme in the series and that we won't see them ditched the minute a new writer wants to bring on a "bigger and badder" villain.

And the best thing Robinson has done in his entire run? Returned Col. Maru to "Doctor Poison."

I’m actually glad to see Veronica is still sticking around. Maybe she can be more developed by a different writer down the line. I also so like that Col. Maru is Dr. Poison again! Hopefully this issue is better the past few.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oh, god. I was hoping Cheetah would be saved until a big event, but here it looks like she's back to being Cale's toy.

Although I appreciate what Robinson is trying to do, tying back to Rucka's run, I wish it was postponed until the next writer comes on the series. At least now it might mean Godwatch is a permanent theme in the series and that we won't see them ditched the minute a new writer wants to bring on a "bigger and badder" villain.

And the best thing Robinson has done in his entire run? Returned Col. Maru to "Doctor Poison."
    My thoughts exactly. This is the kind of stuff I WANT to see, but I'd feel more confident if someone other than Robinson was doing. Aside from the bland dialogue though, this seems pretty solid. That's probably because Jason hasn't popped in yet. :P

If the Dark Gods are editorial mandates that tie into Metal, I wonder if Snyder will be taking over after Robinson in addition to writing JL? Or that the next writer will be following up with this in general? Tying Godwatch and (it appears) Cheetah into this is a very good sign. Maybe this ties into Cheetah's goals to get revenge on the mythological world? I hope Cale's attempts to make Cheetah her "property" again will backfire, and that Giganta, Zara, the Snowman and (ugh) Anglette make more appearances.

Re-establishing Maru's scientific background is so far the ONLY improvement Robinson has made on Rucka's stuff, in a natural way that doesn't contradict what came before. So kudos for that.

Big boo for going back to 'Doctor Poison', from much cooler 'Poison Alpha'. WW comic has too many docs, already. Big yay...no Prince Jason in sight!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-04-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Well, at least the art has improved. I'll wait and see what your reactions to this issue are before I buy. I had to drop this book about 2 issues into the Darkseid/Grail/Jason mess of a story.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 05-04-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: language, please :)

Extraordinary Member

This certainly looks better than anything we've had in the last four months.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Great to see the ladies of Godwatch (or VI) putting the band, back together! I hope Silver Swan, Giganta and Rucka's Circe-Who are waiting in the wings.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I was kind of feeling the same way but the reappearance of God Watch is a pleasant surprise, especially with Dr. Poison looking and acting more like her traditional self. I wonder if this means that the recent appearances of Zara, Blue Snowman, Anglette, and Giganta were just appetizers and they'll all be featured in this final arc as new members of God Watch?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I was kind of feeling the same way but the reappearance of God Watch is a pleasant surprise, especially with Dr. Poison looking and acting more like her traditional self. I wonder if this means that the recent appearances of Zara, Blue Snowman, Anglette, and Giganta were just appetizers and they'll all be featured in this final arc as new members of God Watch?
    If that's to be the scenario, I hope a certain fellow, with 'WM' on his pteryges, and his yellow-haired chaperone, are on vacay, ..while Diana and ETTA handle the new VI. If there was ever a time to bring Etta back and fire up the grrl-power, it would be right now.

And another thing...I would like it understood or established that Etta Candy was named for British WWI heroine, Etta Candy, as seen in the 2017 WW. If the Oddfellows made it to the WW comic, it would be nice to see British Etta take root in the DCU, as well. I would like, as much, to see British Etta get a field assignment, and Diana travel back in time to fight at her side.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-06-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Aside from the fact that Cyber and Cale lack their strong, well-defined personalities this doesn't seem that horrible. Let's wait and see.

I like that Doctor Cyber's hologram is a little throwback to her robot armor look. Maybe we'll get a physical gynoid yet to throw down with Diana and explore the nature of AI like the kids are doing in Westworld these days. Or she could take on and destroy and/or date Brainiac. (I forget if he's a robot or a humanoid alien these days on Prime Earth - probably doesn't matter.)

I know back in another reality Cale's company was Cale/Anderson Pharmaceuticals...has it always been Empire Industries since Rucka Rebirthed her?

With the Godwatch crew coming back together, for better or worse, I've still my eyes peeled for Doctor Psycho. Not that we'd necessarily recognize him with all his illusion stuff. I can't remember if Cale was who transformed Vanessa and if they were working together with him doing the brainwashing...I know she took "responsibility" for Zara, Blue Snowman, and Anglette (argh!) when she and Diana last chatted.

I hope Doctor Psycho is a bit of a wild card. I can see him not plating nice with any woman - villain or hero alike.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If that's to be the scenario, I hope a certain fellow, with 'WM' on his pteryges, and his yellow-haired chaperone, are on vacay, ..while Diana and ETTA handle the new VI. If there was ever a time to bring Etta back and fire up the grrl-power, it would be right now.

And another thing...I would like it understood or established that Etta Candy was named for British WWI heroine, Etta Candy, as seen in the 2017 WW. If the Oddfellows made it to the WW comic, it would be nice to see British Etta take root in the DCU, as well. I would like, as much, to see British Etta get a field assignment, and Diana travel back in time to fight at her side.
    What I would like is if somebody would write the Oddfellows with the same flair and humour they had in the movie, not just vague homages to them.

Steve too, for that matter.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor