All-New Member

Default X-men 1991 Buy everything?

Hello all! I have been reading comics on and off for a long time, but recently I'm getting back into it and buying up all the single issue lots of my old favorites. From time to time I see X-men complete 1-261. I have read them all once but I dont remember them that well.

Anyway I'm on the hunt to buy issues to reread it. I definitely want New Xmen because I remember really liking Morrison's run. But are the first 100 or so issues worth the plunge? I know there are a ot of cross over issues that I will have to hunt down, but do those issues tell a cohesive story throughout? Is it worth collecting those early issues to read or are they not that good? I know the Onslaught era is mingled in there, as well as the legacy virus ones. I dont remember if all the stories are worth rereading.

I don't want to collect omnibus I like to have the issues. Anyway just asking if anyone remembers how good (or not good) the story telling is of the first 100 or so issues. I know I like New Xmen and I remember liking X-men Legacy. So I will probably pick those up for sure. I'm just unsure of the first 100 or so. Thanks!

If you have access to a steady internet connection, I'd recommend subscribing to Marvel Unlimited for a couple of months, binge-reading everything you think you might be interested in from that time-period, then deciding which parts you like well enough to own in print. It's a good way to catch up without the heavy investment on the front end.

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot Tran View Post
    Hello all! I have been reading comics on and off for a long time, but recently I'm getting back into it and buying up all the single issue lots of my old favorites. From time to time I see X-men complete 1-261. I have read them all once but I dont remember them that well.

Anyway I'm on the hunt to buy issues to reread it. I definitely want New Xmen because I remember really liking Morrison's run. But are the first 100 or so issues worth the plunge? I know there are a ot of cross over issues that I will have to hunt down, but do those issues tell a cohesive story throughout? Is it worth collecting those early issues to read or are they not that good? I know the Onslaught era is mingled in there, as well as the legacy virus ones. I dont remember if all the stories are worth rereading.

I don't want to collect omnibus I like to have the issues. Anyway just asking if anyone remembers how good (or not good) the story telling is of the first 100 or so issues. I know I like New Xmen and I remember liking X-men Legacy. So I will probably pick those up for sure. I'm just unsure of the first 100 or so. Thanks!
    Yes. X-men v2 was a great series. Id recommend it, although like Anduinel stated, digital is a much simpler option to go about that