Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default If Cheetah Was Some Sort of Morphing Evil Thunder Cat - She'd Get Better Respect

Unless someone knows Cheetah's background, most not familiar with the character will think she's just a fast villain that WW can easily beat. Cheetah's are the weakest of all the African cats that even Servals can intimidate them. Now the same can be said of Batman, but Bats are more creepy and symbolically more demon associated than a Cheetah. Symbolism is important. Even spiders evoke more than a Cheetah, although obviously a cheetah can do more harm than a non poisonous spider.

Like a Jaguar in the Water
    Like a Cheetah when she moves
    Like a leopard when she climbs
    Like a mountain lion when she jumps
    Like the Ferocity of Lion
    Like the Camouflage and strength of a Tiger

Powers:

Super strength, super speed, can fight well under water, much more agile in trees and rough terrain the WW, faster than WW; Diana can only match her in reflex reaction, but not in running; can change her colour and spots for camouflage,

Yes, the Cheetah can be like this on her own I suppose, but I think it's cooler if she morphs, and have multiple evil personalities.

It would make more sense for her to have all of those powers. I say that more on the fact Babs should have been on Ma'at like 77. The Egyptian goddess of justice and execution make sense. She was one of the oldest cat goddess in Egypt. It would make sense if Babs got turned into a cheetah due to her being the oldest god and found a way to get all the powers from the cat goddesses. It's better if she kills them and steals it them if she already has it.

I mean having her change her fur is cool or having her roar like a lion. Call but it should come into play that she stole their abilities.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-04-2018 at 01:40 PM.

BANNED

She already is most of these things.

Giving her super swimming powers isn't going to change much.
    The main problem IMO is one she shares with Aquaman: Superfriends.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Cheetahs aren't anywhere near as strong as either of the four Great Cats but it's the fastest land animal in the World so it makes sense for Cheetah to be actually faster than Flash but in quick bursts of speed, meaning she would beat Flash in a short-distance sprint but Flash would win the middle-to-long distance races. In other words, Cheetah can hit a higher top speed but can't sustain it very long

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Cheetahs aren't anywhere near as strong as either of the four Great Cats but it's the fastest land animal in the World so it makes sense for Cheetah to be actually faster than Flash but in quick bursts of speed, meaning she would beat Flash in a short-distance sprint but Flash would win the middle-to-long distance races. In other words, Cheetah can hit a higher top speed but can't sustain it very long
    The Flash runs casually fast enough to time travel. The cheetah doesn't need anything near that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Flash runs casually fast enough to time travel. The cheetah doesn't need anything near that speed.
    Cheetah does absolutely "need" to be faster than Wonder Woman who's (or should be) remarkably fast herself but It's not about what she "needs", it's about attaching a superlative to Cheetah. You know who doesn't "need" to be as fast as Flash: Superman, why in the world should Superman be faster than Cheetah, it doesn't make any sense

It's actually very on-theme for Cheetah to be the fastest person in the World BUT in short bursts of speed, you wouldn't be seeing Cheetah running laps around the Earth

BANNED

Cheetah does absolutely "need" to be faster than Wonder Woman who's (or should be) remarkably fast herself but It's not about what she "needs", it's about attaching a superlative to Cheetah. You know who doesn't "need" to be as fast as Flash: Superman, why in the world should Superman be faster than Cheetah, it doesn't make any sense

It's actually very on-theme for Cheetah to be the fastest person in the World BUT in short bursts of speed, you wouldn't be seeing Cheetah running laps around the Earth
    I would argue that the Flash needs to be nowhere nearly as fast as the Flash.

And there is a galaxy of difference between "faster than Wonder Woman" and as fast or even faster in short bursts then the Flash.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would argue that the Flash needs to be nowhere nearly as fast as the Flash.

And there is a galaxy of difference between "faster than Wonder Woman" and as fast or even faster in short bursts then the Flash.
    Yes, Cheetah needs to be faster than Wonder Woman, because that's the major advantage she'd have in a fight between them. But neither one of them (and Kryptonians as well) need to be as fast as the Flashes.

The idea of Cheetah running so fast that she can travel through time is pretty ridiculous, and not something I expect or really even want for the character.

She can catch him at his normal speed that’s it. The only time in speedforce would be weird. Unless she can do it in short burst of speed. I mean flash doesn’t generally go fast enough to go into the speedforce. so she can catch him at his normal speed.

. She should be able to go faster than her normal speed in short burst. If she can go back in time only a few minutes but I time it’s she just go faster than her normal speed. Also it would be something she doesn’t use often. So even if she could tap into the speedforce it wouldn’t be something she could easily use.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-05-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Excuse me, I didn't say anything about Cheetah "time traveling", what I'm suggesting here is Cheetah running in short bursts of speed where she'd hit higher top speeds than the Flash, you can come up with a million reasons why she can't "travel through time"

BANNED

You do realize real life Cheetah's dont approach anywhere near Flash level speed so this scaling is off to say the least. Besides real cheetahs suck, low stamina, almost no power, cant defend themselves or their captured prey. Lets leave realism to animal planet.

Flash top speed is light speed, they can break the time barrier and they are powered by the speed force. Cheetah has no reason to be as fast or faster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She can catch him at his normal speed that’s it.
    The concept "normal speed" does not apply to the Flash.

BANNED

Excuse me, I didn't say anything about Cheetah "time traveling", what I'm suggesting here is Cheetah running in short bursts of speed where she'd hit higher top speeds than the Flash, you can come up with a million reasons why she can't "travel through time"
    What do you think happens in the DCU when you run faster than the Flash?

What do you think happens in the DCU when you run faster than the Flash?
    You break the time barrier...unless, say, you can't sustain it long enough to travel through the timestream

I see Cheetah as crazy fast, outpacing Diana, Black Adam, Shazam, etc.'s super speed, but not as fast as the Flash or Superman at full speed. That doesn't mean she can't give them a run (no pun intended) for their money though or lay some hits on them when in battle.

I'm less concerned about her namesake being one of the weaker big cats. This is fiction and we can have some fun with it. She's got incredible speed and super strength at her disposal, as well as astounding reflexes and a predatory mindset.

In an any given Sunday scenario, she has what it takes to take on DCU's biggest guns, when she's written properly and not as a crazy lady in a catsuit.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Speed Force at the moment, but it'd be interesting to see or explore if Cheetah's divinely-enhanced fleetness has any overlap with it. I know Reverse Flash and Cheetah had a story about it pre-DCnU, but I'd rather have Barbara in the driver's seat in researching it and perhaps finding overlap - if there is some.