Extraordinary Member

Default Secret Wars FF question

Hey was reading some stuff about the 2015 Secret Wars recently. Been a while since I read it so thought I'd just ask this.

Right at the start we see most of the FF die in the last incursion, only to turn up again on the Battleworld. Some sources say these were duplicates created by Doom.

Is that correct? Were the Sue, Valeria and Thing on the Battleworld doppelgangers created by Doom? Because I seem to remember them having vague memories of Reed and if they were only duplicates that doesn't seem right.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

They were from another universe. Battleworld was cobbled together by different universes, that FF was from a universe where Sue and Johnny's father was the leader of the team.
    They were not copies created by Doom of our FF.

Last edited by Crimz; 05-04-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I still can't understand how Doom and Sue's children are identical to Reed and Sue's children, even having the same abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    I still can't understand how Doom and Sue's children are identical to Reed and Sue's children, even having the same abilities.
    Doom had the power of a God and his obsession with Reed probably led to him forcing things a little in how they look and things. He was copying the only successful family he knew of.
    Also, no matter what the boy would always be called Franklin after Sue's deceased father and our Valeria was named by Doom so of course he would name his own daughter Valeria when given the chance.

But there are some differences, like Val seeming to be older than Franklin.

Also, while this Franklin has his own Galactus he doesn't seem to be as powerful as the original Franklin.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-04-2018 at 04:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Doom had the power of a God and his obsession with Reed probably led to him forcing things a little in how they look and things. He was copying the only successful family he knew of.
    Also, no matter what the boy would always be called Franklin after Sue's deceased father and our Valeria was named by Doom so of course he would name his own daughter Valeria.
    Even in a universe where Reed Richards didn't exist, he used his reality-warping powers to make his own kids look like Reed's? He cuckolded himself?

Even in a universe where Reed Richards didn't exist, he used his reality-warping powers to make his own kids look like Reed's? He cuckolded himself?
    Doom is obsessed with Reed. His obsession can manifest itself in many ways, a part of him wanted Reed's life and Battleworld showed that. Why else would he choose a version of Sue Storm of all people to marry?

To be fair, they look more like Sue than Reed. As adults, Frank and Val would look similar to Johnny and Sue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Doom is obsessed with Reed. His obsession can manifest itself in many ways, a part of him wanted Reed's life and Battleworld showed that. Why else would he choose a version of Sue Storm of all people to marry?
    Yeah, why else would he marry the hottest blond on the planet?

That crazy loon.

Thanks for all the info guys
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah, why else would he marry the hottest blond on the planet?

That crazy loon.

Thanks for all the info guys
    well he could have created most beautiful person imaginable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic View Post
    well he could have created most beautiful person imaginable.
    Why create what you've already got?

Although, I suppose there is something to be said for identical twin Sue's LOL