Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So for those reading JLD, what was Khalid like there? How was he handled?

He was a victim of Nabu's plot and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He was a victim of Nabu's plot and that's it.
    Oh. That's a shame. He didn't die, did he?

DC really needs to use him more. He needs to be Fate’s apprentice and have a spot on the Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Oh. That's a shame. He didn't die, did he?
    I've read issue #2, but none past that at this time. I know he was in in #2 and didn't die.

spoilers:
    However, in Fate's Tower, he was imprisoned within the depiction of a vase. When that vase was knocked over and broken, by accident, Khalid was freed. This coincided with the reveal to Wonder Woman and Zatana that Nabu is the one causing the bad things happening in the story. Nabu was also the one who imprisoned Khalid within the Vase's outer exterior depiction (so he's part of the vase's design, but still alive and able to move in a limited fashion, making the depiction look like it has some animation), and before he can say much to warn those who broke the vase (Langstrom and Mr. Chimp), his mouth gets sealed and he is once more imprisoned within the depiction of the now-reconstituted vase's.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    DC really needs to use him more. He needs to be Fate’s apprentice and have a spot on the Teen Titans.
    He really is getting squandered not being used.

Though it should be noted, and I'm unsure of his precise age, that Khalid is really too old to be on the Teen Titans. Once again, not sure on his actual age, but I do know he's (supposed to be) a m medical student in Med School. He's pretty youthful looking, and the artstyle flatters his youth, but he should be in his early twenties. Nothing that I recall references him as a comic book styled ahead-of-his-class genius who got into Med School early, or anything like that.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Him joining the older Titans team or another team might be the best next step.

I don't really see them giving him another solo anytime soon. His last one lasted a while but still got canceled.

I'm fond of the Sandman Universe titles so I wouldn't mind if he pops up in the dreaming or books of magic.

Astonishing Member

Him joining the older Titans team or another team might be the best next step.

I don't really see them giving him another solo anytime soon. His last one lasted a while but still got canceled.

I'm fond of the Sandman Universe titles so I wouldn't mind if he pops up in the dreaming or books of magic.
    Being in the older Titans would be the most logical currently available choice, though they can be a little tightknit as far as choice of members. Still, it would be the best fit.

I wouldn't mind another solo featuring Khalid, actually.

Another solo would be ideal but less likely to happen. DC are more stingy with their second chances than Marvel.

He should join Snyder's JL or even Tynion IV's JLD. That would be a big stepping stone for him.

Astonishing Member

Another solo would be ideal but less likely to happen. DC are more stingy with their second chances than Marvel.

He should join Snyder's JL or even Tynion IV's JLD. That would be a big stepping stone for him.
    Tynion's JLD would be excellent, provided that Tynion intends to do more with Khalid than vase-time... Which is what Tynion is doing with Khalid now, unless that's changed since issue #2.

As much as I like team books, I sometimes find myself frustrated this is the only way certain characters can see use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As much as I like team books, I sometimes find myself frustrated this is the only way certain characters can see use.
    To a certain extent, I can see where you're coming from. The interaction aspect of a team book can and often does make for some awesome moments for the character and referentially as a whole. Still, that's no hard guarantee. While solo's often depend on interaction, too, between the secondary and supporting casts, as well as any other allies and adversaries, there tends to be more intimacy with the character, including character development, character progression and growth, and just more character-centric goings-on; even if no explicit growth/progression happens, or even development, solos at least mean the character is doing something or reacting to something and we get to see that clearly. In teams, it is, again, no hard guarantee.