Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I liked panther to start, but I felt he became a guest in his own book and it declined quickly for me

I think I read somewhere he was what was described as an opinion journalist, might have been himself but I may be wrong there

I'm not keen on books being used to spout personal perspectives, whoevers it is, I'm fearful that might happen

I could well be wrong

I have no interest in seeing cap brought any lower, but him having a go at issues in universe is what he's all about so it could be good

I'll wait and see, like I did with panther, it might not be my thing coz I'm not happy with where marvel has put cap in the last few years

So long as he represents an ideal, is a solid hero whos being heroic and not a pseudo politician ill be ok

Coates has the skill to do that, maybe he will?..

Niffleheim

OP So long as you don't expect any entertainment and anything making sense you'll be fine with his writing.

Im intrigued.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I haven't read anything he's done, I pre-ordered issue 1, but nothing else. If he gets too political, I will not continue. I do mind when Cap becomes a mouth piece for the writer. That's why I did not read much with Steve until Brubaker came on (and haven't read much since Ed's initial work with the character ended.) I was so glad I skipped Spencer's mess.

I've decided when it comes to characters I like or love; if I do not like an arc, I'll skip it and keep my fondness for the character intact. Better that than railing on the creators, I've got more important ways to spend my free time.

Chances are, I will probably drop this in favor of Aaron's Avengers (because Jason is finally writing something that sounds like fun to me.)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

I'm going to skip it and save myself the angst....

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm gonna give it a shot. I liked Waids run and I like Coates run on BP, so this is a plus for me.

Pretty much everyone is an improvement over Waid in my book.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The Crew was 100% in his wheel house too

Oops
    I don't think Crew was badly written for what it's worth. It just didn't sell, which likely won't be a problem for the Captain America book..

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Pretty much everyone is an improvement over Waid in my book.
    This.

10char
    We need better comics

News to me. It'll probably be fine since he seems to want to write for a character like Steve to begin with.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

I'm not looking forward to it. But I won't pre-condemn it either. I read most books for the villains. I hope that he brings in decent villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I think he will be a good fit on Cap more so than Black Panther

The FCBD preview was solid
    I'm stoked. The FCBD preview was intriguing and Coates has become a much stronger comic book writer over the course of his Panther run so his Cap will only benefit from that.

As for politics, most good Cap runs, going back to Englehart and Gruenwald, have featured a political angle and I would hope and expect Coates to explore that as well.

Spectacular Member

My issue is that Cpt. America is always politicized in to the left, with one exception in the Ultimates Universe, and this is another example after having Spencer not that long ago. At best I find it tiresome and at worst I find it propoganda esque. Hes fought Nixon and Reagan had issues with George W. Bush and under spencer his evil not-clone was supposed to be a stand in for Trump and has been shown as pals with President Obama.

I guess part of the excuse is that FDR was president during WW 2, except you know Eisenhower the supreme commander of allied forces would become a Republican President.

It'll be worth it for the threads alone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm stoked. The FCBD preview was intriguing and Coates has become a much stronger comic book writer over the course of his Panther run so his Cap will only benefit from that.

As for politics, most good Cap runs, going back to Englehart and Gruenwald, have featured a political angle and I would hope and expect Coates to explore that as well.
    You dont find it repetitive that it is a variation of the same angle every time.