Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default What is the most powerful moment of your favorite character? the most memorable?

What is the moment or story that turned one character into your favorite?

The story that made you fall in love with your favorite.

For me it was when Jean killed herself at the end of the DPS. A selfless act of love, tragedy and courage. Something horrible and graceful, so contradictory. In that moment it felt like the x-men lost their hearts, the light and hope of their lives. But seeing that strength, that love, that courage, so many powerful virtues and emotions in just a moment made Jean my favorite.
    (I'm aware of the phoenix and the cocon retcon, but it still is my favorite Jean moment)

What about you?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-05-2018 at 10:47 AM.

BANNED

Tossup:

Jubilee was my favorite long before any of these moments, but as for awsome moments there’s quite a bit to choose from. (For example, any moment she has alongside Laura is bound to be a contender.) But I’ve narrowed my personal favorites down to two.

Jubilee makes a 200-foot interdimensional dragon her bitch.

(Also the first time her vampire mist form appeared).

Jubes gets pissed off and melts a tank.

(Yeah, there’s a tank in there. Or there used to be.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Entire issue of Gambit's first ongoing. #5. Gambit fights the X-cutioner and his cronies who had just abducted Rogue to lure him through a Stargate. Yes a Stargate. He's been my favorite since 93 but this was one of my favorite stories. This or the time he slapped around Sabretooth...

This the issue where he slaps around Creed...

Staying with Creed I will say this one is nice too because it showed us how deeply flawed Gambit could be as a character (aka depth). As a late teen he successfully seduced a woman just to steal from her and when she got wrapped up with Creed who also wanted the same thing, he allowes her to die to save his brother who was also being held by Creed. He was holding them over the ledge of a building by two ropes. He made Gambit choose.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-05-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Issue #116 showed me what Cyclops could do:
    unnamed.jpg
    x116 garokk vs cyke.jpg

Wolverine by Claremon/Miller
    tumblr_nt6ckqNDKO1stztvdo1_1280.jpg
    The Logan Files by Tieri
    RCO009.jpg

This 2 stories show, at least for me the best parst of Logan's characther, a loner in constant struggle with his animal side that was able to find a family and a place to belong very late in his life.

There's many of them for Jean, but the one that pushed her full on into being my true favorite was X-Men 28 where she faced off against Sabertooth.

I was introduced to X-Men through the 90's cartoon, so that version of Phoenix was awesome and caught my attention, but it's not quite the real deal. This, however, was.

th.jpg

One of my favorite Storm moments of all time

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

New Mutants 45, when Kitty Pryde stood up at Larry Bodine’s funeral.

Uncanny X-Men 203, Rachel vs. the Beyonder.

Captain Britain vol. 2 6, when Kaptain Briton, the Nazi mirror version of Captain Britain, had taken the 616 version tried to rape Psylocke, she unleashed the full might of her telepathic powers on him, and destroyed his mind.

BANNED

Uncanny Xmen annual 11. Psylocke comes to the realization that she doesn't need to be a badass to be a badass, because she's already a badass. Then later Claremont undoes all her actual character progression.

Last edited by Tazirai; 05-06-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Uncanny Xmen annual 11. Psylocke comes to the realization that she doesn't need to be a badass to be a badass, because she's already a badass. Then later Claremont undoes all her actual character progression.

Exactly I prefer a thousand times the real Psylocke, that the pseudo ninja that was transformed.

I still want someday to return to her true body, but I doubt that happens, she is already well known as a ninja with moderate psionic powers, and that will not change, at least I think so, sad because the real betsy had nothing to envy to the current one.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

We all know what Jean Grey is capable of now. But for those of you who weren't around back then, pretend for a minute that you don't know any of that and you're following the X-Men month by month...sometimes month by every other month, because you're a kid and your allowance wasn't always enough to buy much. Maybe a comic, maybe a Pineapple Crush soda, but never both. You had to sacrifice to get a comic, so you hung on every cover, every panel, every word. Now imagine that Jean Grey, who wasn't necessarily considered to be the most powerful anything back then, had recently been reborn as someone called the Phoenix. You missed the issue where she thoroughly trounced Firelord, as well as the next few issues thereafter. Nevertheless, you managed to save up enough coin literally to pick up X-Men #113. You turn the pages to find Jean blasting Magneto all over creation! Magneto -- one of the most powerful beings in all of Marvel -- being tossed around like he was little more than a flimsy paper bag. I was floored. Obviously, Phoenix would go on to do many more impossible things as she progressed to Dark Phoenix, but #113 left me in awe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Doing the ones for my top 3. No order.

Monet
    I liked her scene with Jubilee after Synch was killed.

We see her wear her heart on her sleeve about her love for Synch. And she lashes out in anger at Jubilee, but softens when she remembers that Jubilee loved Synch too. So we see her show her heart. She & Jubilee weren't exactly best buds yet, but Monet gives her a hug, and gets a bit closer to her as they miss Synch together.

Sabretooth
    I think the entire story in Mary Shelley Overdxrive was a very memorable tale with him.

He's still a villain. But we see a side of him that's been hinted, but never shown in bulk. We see him on amicable terms with Ruth, a brothel owner of the place he frequents. His relationship with Bonnie also shows he is capable of love & humanity. Again, we've seen that before this, but it's shown in detail here as he spends the entire mini series trying to protect & save her life. Then we see him genuinely grieve when he has to kill her, falling to his knees in anguish. He gets his revenge on the men responsible. When one begs for his life, Creed notes Bonnie would've been the only reason to keep him alive, and she dided

Deadpool will need a separate post, as there's 2 moments tied for me with him.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

There's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly where he deals with the loss of Carm, and not knowing if Ellie is alive. Plus the Hell Butler has put him through. Despite his torture of Wade, the latter is more upset he hurt Carm & Ellie. Original Sin seeps over into this. Both arcs entire really show Duggan's skill with the character. We see Deadpool dealing with something that's more personal than anything he's gone through.We see him break down, and actually cry, which he seldom does. So picking pone thing from those arcs is hard. So i'll pick the opening scene the following chapter.

He's been so effected by everything, he can't face the readers, nor does he have strength to do the next issue.

Next would be his scene with Spider-Man. Joel Kelly wrote many touching moments with them, but favorites are where they mutually Bond, and we see just how much SM means to Wade.

I tend to like characters that are very "harsh" as a general term, on the outside. So their vulnerable moments I always love the most.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Doing the ones for my top 3. No order.

Monet
    I liked her scene with Jubilee after Synch was killed.

We see her wear her heart on her sleeve about her love for Synch. And she lashes out in anger at Jubilee, but softens when she remembers that Jubilee loved Synch too. So we see her show her heart. She & Jubilee weren't exactly best buds yet, but Monet gives her a hug, and gets a bit closer to her as they miss Synch together.
    I never wanted two people to get together and stay together more than Synch and M. More than T'Challa and Storm. More than Peter and Mary Jane. More than Vision and Scarlet Witch. More than Blue Marvel and Spectrum. More than every other Marvel couple that has ever existed.

I HATE Marvel for killing off Everett. And I HATE them all the more for not bringing him back.