Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

[CONTINUING...]

As for the most memorable moment... I guess a highlight point according to superhero standards was his bumping into Spidey, in which Longshot got rid of him dodging repeatedly his attempts without any effort at all and finally leaving him stunned in the lurch. I mean, it was goddamned Wall-Crawler on his home ground!

...but the kind of moments I really dig are those as his encounter with Arize, on that dreamscape zone from the Wild Ways. It's too bad that over the following years so little attention has been payed to this part of the story.

Also, this scene displays another of Longshot's keys: his intuitive and natural tolerance, open-mindedness and positivism --his belief in self as the only source of true validity. 'I exist... I think... I feel... Isn't that alive enough?' That's valid as well for a serious disabled person as for a queer person, just for stating two simple instances.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 05-21-2018 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    'I exist... I think... I feel... Isn't that alive enough?'
    Very Descartes. In comics the clones and other “manufactured” people always seem to ask the question of whether they are really ‘alive’, or really people at all. Of course the answer is yes. Ironically, the mere fact that they question their own existence validates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

After being forcibly resurrected, traversing time and space, and manipulating everyone and everything around her to ensure both the destruction of the Elder Gods and the recovery of her coveted soul fragments, Illyana Rasputin submits to a meeting with Cyclops and ALLOWS herself to be incarcerated in Utopia's prison.

(Surrounded by an assemblage of heavy hitters, in case she refused and/or resisted)

"I didn't fall from Heaven, I jumped"

1450870_200021660181643_1490532279_n-300x231.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

After being forcibly resurrected, traversing time and space, and manipulating everyone and everything around her to ensure both the destruction of the Elder Gods and the recovery of her coveted soul fragments, Illyana Rasputin submits to a meeting with Cyclops and ALLOWS herself to be incarcerated in Utopia's prison.

Yes! The refusal, the denial, the acceptance, the after the ever after or in other 'words'

Attachment 66142
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Very Descartes. In comics the clones and other “manufactured” people always seem to ask the question of whether they are really ‘alive’, or really people at all. Of course the answer is yes. Ironically, the mere fact that they question their own existence validates it.
    Yep. The melancholy of the clone. I admit I have a soft spot for this kind of characters.

Longshot's philosophical implications don't end up in Descartes, as Arize initiates him in Sartre and existentialism.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Awwwww, I adore this scene!!! :3
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 05-22-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Neither her most powerful or memorable moment, but certainly something that's stuck with me and definitely an underrated moment:

Jean rescues the young mutant Hector Rendoza aka Wraith from an angry mob after his powers manifests. She telepathically freezes a crowd and just talks to Hector, calms him down, then asks him to join her ragtag group of X-men. I personally love this moment because it's those rare moments certainly before the start of the 00's where Jean got to exercise her own agency, and protecting her people on the ground. That and because it like many of her smaller moments go without much notoriety, and it's just the perfect demonstration of her heart.

Favorite moment of that issue was Hector asking Jean how long would they stay "frozen", and her responding dryly "as long as you need"!

Without a doubt is when Storm sacrificed herself for the safety of her friends in X-Men 165. It showed her passion, her love, her courage and her true power.
    lf.jpglf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Without a doubt is when Storm sacrificed herself for the safety of her friends in X-Men 165. It showed her passion, her love, her courage and her true power.
    lf.jpg
    This is another awesome and (almost) silent moment by PMS. His storytelling worked miracles in Claremont's writing. No wonder that he's one of the most memorable X-artists although he only made a dozen of issues.

Spectacular Member

Ok, two Wolverine parts. Im on mobile, so no scans, but if someone wants to hook a brother up.

Anyways, Wolverine #57, the death of Mariko. Shes poisoned by Matsuo and Logan ends her suffering. This day was Uncle Ben like. She had been dead for over 25 years by the time this awful Scarlet Samurai story came. He lost the love of his life, went single and just was devastated. Only to have this powerful moment undone with an awful story and a fake Wolverine to be apart of the story. Brisson is automatically like near the top of my disapproval list. But man, i was like 9 when this happened...i was shocked.

Second, X-Men 72 -- Wolverine vs Marrow. Marrow is with the X-Men being a pain in the ass. Storm wants Wolverine to make her stop being a little ****. Wolverine goes down to the basement and a fight ensues. Wolverine smacks Marrow around despite a spirited effort. Afterwards, perbaps seeing a little bit of himself in her, extends an offer to be a part of the family. Wolverine reaches out to her and she promptly stabs him in the throat. She gets on top of him as hes in agony and removes his masks and taunts him. At that moment, he snarls and the animal is out of thre cage. The narration is chilling and Wolverine overpowers he, mind lost and his claws inching towards her face. Its at this moment that you can see Marrow thinking "Ive done fucked up" before Cannonball saves her.

Good ****

Uncanny X-Men 172 & 173 is pretty much my favorite X-Men story of all time and solidified my love for the X-Men. As far as I'm concerned it's just a cavalcade of awesome moments with my favorite characters.

From UXM #172:

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

From UXM #172 & #173:

Conn Seanery

And a couple more from UXM #173:

Conn Seanery