Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I personally feel like 600x is generous, but mileage may vary.
    Wise words, there.

It's not really worth an argument on the crunchy numbers, I don't think. It's "a huge amount faster" and that's probably around enough to equal things roughly out. If we wanted to be crazy about it, he literally carries people outside all the way to the "observation area" and comes back inside to get more in the time it takes the explosion to go a few inches. He's covering AT LEAST 150 meters and probably a lot more, given hallways and whatever else. That's somewhere WELL over a thousand times faster than the explosion at the very least, again, probably a lot more (39 inches per meter, basically, 5850 inches - if we say three inches of explosion, it's 2000x as fast AT THE VERY MINIMUM), and again, never with the impression that he's really laying it all on the line here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Saying he's doing it "way" faster than that is you arguing he's a lot faster than Barry.
    It's not, only because I kind of don't think that calcs are the way to handle this. Basically, I'm pretty comfortable lobbing them both into the same basket, speedwise. Barry should win in a rumble, though, simply because he's got all the other crap he can pull. I see it like this: Quicksilver is about as fast, a lot better with using raw speed and with thinking on the fly or using the environment, and hits/uses velocity as strength MUCH more effectively. Barry, though, adds a CRAPTON of other stuff: phasing, lightning, defying gravity in stupider ways, time travel, bringing other people into his speed world, etc. Edge to Barry, unless he brings CW writers to the fight.

Honestly, I think CW Flash is one of those cases where we should ignore what characters say, as it clearly contradicts what is on screen.

I mean, even during the middle or so of Season 2, people were still spreading this 'Barry is Mach 3' (or was it 2?) bullshit, even though already in Season 1, his feats were far, FAR faster than that.