Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Just how fast is CW Flash now?

This episode already aired 2 months ago and got kinda overlooked here, so better late than never?

Basically, the short summary is:
    Some eco terrorist detonates a nuclear bomb in Central City. When Team Flash arrives at the scene, she still manages to trigger the bomb. Basically, the entire team is standing just a few feet before the bomb and it is already going off. Barry then goes into 'Flashtime'.

What happens throughout the episode can only be described as absolutely insane. Barry not only runs around the city, trying to find numerous solutions by taking several people into 'Flashtime' and talking to them, he even goes to another Earth to get Jay Garick to help him.

After everything fails, and Barry is already exhausted as fuck, he finally decides to enter the Speedforce itself and destroy the bomb through some lightning trick.
    All the while, the explosion has only expanded by a few feet.

I for one think this has put Barry at WELL beyond lightspeed.

Unfortunately, I can't find too many good clips on Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfgZGTZjFo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ulh5R1A55Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4XgQ8Hfq2o

The clips are good enough! Holy smokes. It feels like a pretty big outlier, but I stopped watching after season 2* so ill let others decide.

That is comfortably lightspeed at the absolute minimum. Probably much faster.

*I enjoyed the Flash! Just too many other things happening to make time
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

He also has stuff like going to China and dropping someone there in the time it takes for a security camera to turn around.

He's stupid fast. You just wouldn't know it by looking at how he does against his bad guys.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

yeah, barry passed lightspeed a long time ago, what with him just casually time traveling like it's no thing.

which has shown not to be a good idea for him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    He also has stuff like going to China and dropping someone there in the time it takes for a security camera to turn around.

He's stupid fast. You just wouldn't know it by looking at how he does against his bad guys.
    Basically, he's the Flash ;p

(I mean really, there's a reason the Flash is the PIS poster child)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This episode already aired 2 months ago and got kinda overlooked here, so better late than never?

Basically, the short summary is:
    Some eco terrorist detonates a nuclear bomb in Central City. When Team Flash arrives at the scene, she still manages to trigger the bomb. Basically, the entire team is standing just a few feet before the bomb and it is already going off. Barry then goes into 'Flashtime'.

What happens throughout the episode can only be described as absolutely insane. Barry not only runs around the city, trying to find numerous solutions by taking several people into 'Flashtime' and talking to them, he even goes to another Earth to get Jay Garick to help him.

After everything fails, and Barry is already exhausted as fuck, he finally decides to enter the Speedforce itself and destroy the bomb through some lightning trick.
    All the while, the explosion has only expanded by a few feet.

I for one think this has put Barry at WELL beyond lightspeed.

Unfortunately, I can't find too many good clips on Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfgZGTZjFo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ulh5R1A55Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4XgQ8Hfq2o
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Basically, he's the Flash ;p

(I mean really, there's a reason the Flash is the PIS poster child)
    The show is a lot worse than the comics, IMO. The comics usually at least half ass a reason why he can't go max speed or something.The show just... Has him stand around. A lot.

BANNED

on the other hand he knocked out the super indestructible and resilient ralph in one punch. guess he wasn't worried about harming him and let him have it whereas normal criminals receive the human body is fragile treatment but still ralph shouldn't have been knocked out at all by a single punch.

I haven't watched the show since a few seasons ago, but I can't imagine that's consistent.
    Time travel in cw also doesn't really need much speed. Season 1 Barry could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I haven't watched the show since a few seasons ago, but I can't imagine that's consistent.
    Time travel in cw also doesn't really need much speed. Season 1 Barry could pull it off.
    season 1 barry could time travel but only by semi-accident.

now, he can now travel to both the past and the future with better accuracy. (traveled repeated to the night of his mother's murder and even several years in the future to stop savatar.)

he doesn't do it now because.........well, there is a reason why they are so many memes of barry fucking up the timeline floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The show is a lot worse than the comics, IMO. The comics usually at least half ass a reason why he can't go max speed or something.The show just... Has him stand around. A lot.
    Eh, at least it has gotten better over time.
    In Season 1, Flash was THE most horrible case of TV-Superhero-CIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

^- I'd say it is consistent enough to say is is, at the very least: about as fast as MCU X-Men Quicksilver(since the merge, I'm assuming they take place in the same universe now).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    ^- I'd say it is consistent enough to say is is, at the very least: about as fast as MCU X-Men Quicksilver(since the merge, I'm assuming they take place in the same universe now).
    nope. not officially.

Even if we grant Barry that S1 feat of time travel, those clips in the OP clearly show him with wayyy more control and nuance at higher speeds. This is most definitely some sort of upgrade. Now, if it's an outlier or not, sure, but his speed's been gradually growing over the seasons, too.

On a side note, John Wesley Shipp said that in his head canon, Jay Garrick here is Barry Allen from the 90s show. 90s Barry was never ever even a fraction as fast as Garrick, but I love the thought that 90s Barry simply kept getting faster and faster until we could see him in this show pulling off the kind of feats he has. 90s Flash left us far too soon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What? Did Disney merge with CW and Warner Brothers too? Not that I wouldn't put it past them to try, since they seem to be wanting to buy everything else. It's just that this would be the first I'm hearing about it.

Or maybe your confusing this with the Disney/Fox potential merger, which is about Disney getting control of the Marvel characters they don't have control of right now?

And, sorry to break it to you, but Flash is now ludicrously faster than Fox Quicksilver. Fox Quicksilver's best feat is saving a bunch of people from an exploding building and he wasn't even fast enough to save everyone. This is significantly slower than what Flash did this season as described in the original post.