All-New Member

Default Help needed! Marvel fan

Hello everyone,

Let me start by saying that I am a longtime fan of the Marvel movies but have never spent time to appreciate the comics, until now.

I need help.

I want to purchase a comic book for each marvel movie which has been released, the comic which most accurately depicts what happened in the movie. I know that a movie usually consists of many comics but I would like to try to narrow it down to one so that I can have a wicked piece of artwork for each movie.

The comics aren't for reading purposes, I want to frame and hang them, one for each film.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions.

Thanks!

I thinking you'd have to buy older issues than newer ones here. especially the civil war 1 issues which should give you most of what you need
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

I'll go with what I know. I'd say Marvel Feature #47 and #48 for Ant-Man. No Hope in sight, no Old Man Hank, no Darren Cross Yellowjacket, no Pym Technologies though. But we have Janet, which is way better than all that

You can always take the "Age of Ultron" comic book for the movie of the same name, but the stories are completely different and so are the characters. The cover, however, only shows Ultron so it might serve your purpose. Probably the same for Infinity War (haven't seen it yet).

Avengers #1 (1963) for The Avengers. Really not exactly the same story, or the same characters for that matter, but I guess it's what fits most with what you're asking. The MCU is loosely based on the comic books, but the stories are relatively different.

Although, I'd suggest making a copie of the cover to frame it and actually read the comic books
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

For Avengers: Age of Ultron, there is no real comic equivalent. But I would go with Avengers #57. Which is the first appearance of the Vision. He is boldly on the cover. Alternatively for cheaper, West Cover Avengers #45. For a variation of the original cover.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

For Spider-Man: Homecoming, I'd recommend Ultimate Spider-Man #90; it's from the series that the movie was based on and has a teen Spidey fighting Vulture on the cover.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

All-New Member

Awesome - I like avengers #1 for the avengers, I don't mind avengers #57 for age of Ultron and ultimate Spider-Man #90 for homecoming.
    Here's what the list looks like as of now.

1. Iron Man
    2. The Incredible Hulk
    3. Iron Man 2
    4. Thor
    5. Captain America: The First Avenger
    6. The Avengers – Avengers #1 (1963)
    7. Iron Man 3
    8. Thor: The Dark World
    9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    10. Guardians of the Galaxy
    11. Avengers: Age of Ultron – Avengers #57 (1963)
    12. Ant Man – Marvel Feature #47
    13. Captain America: Civil War
    14. Doctor Strange
    15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
    16. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Ultimate Spider-Man #90
    17. Thor: Ragnarok
    18. Black Panther
    19. Avengers: Infinity War